30 LB GROUP

Options

Replies

• wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    Good morning MFP...I know I've been a little quiet for the past few weeks but I have still been trying to stay focused on staying within my calories and working out. I have been making better choices and plan on continuing on this path, longer than my two week norm. I want to get through at least a month of doing the right thing rather than falling of the wagon evert two weeks. I know I can do this, and I have to be careful and recognize when I'm growing weak and change my outcome...I don't want to keep starting over, who would!

Good luck to everyone and have a great week!

150yje3lc55b.jpg

You can do this honey! When you start to feel yourself getting off track, that's when you need MOTIVATION the most! Inbox me when it gets tough, and i will help you thru this! NO MATTER WHAT....DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP!!! :)
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You got this @1TheQueenB! Every little step is a step in the right direction - all those little steps will add up.
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    So......today was ok, I had what I planned to eat for breakfast and lunch, and in the back of my head I knew that after work was gonna be difficult. I spoke to my Co worker... I phoned my sister... got great advice from both but I knew it wasn't enough....I just didn't want to hear it....I went to walmart and got a protein cookie.....went home and took my vitamins....got a protein bar that I do like......all to resist going to the local donut shop and Checkers for a cheese burger...I don't feel like running today but I do have a 20 min workout dvd that I will try to get done. The struggles....
  • wahagent05
    Options
    So......today was ok, I had what I planned to eat for breakfast and lunch, and in the back of my head I knew that after work was gonna be difficult. I spoke to my Co worker... I phoned my sister... got great advice from both but I knew it wasn't enough....I just didn't want to hear it....I went to walmart and got a protein cookie.....went home and took my vitamins....got a protein bar that I do like......all to resist going to the local donut shop and Checkers for a cheese burger...I don't feel like running today but I do have a 20 min workout dvd that I will try to get done. The struggles....

Sometimes we face those struggles 1TheQueenB, and i know this will be easier said than done, but in order to get pass it we MUST go through it!
    I am going through the same thing! I just don't have the motivation no matter how hard i try, to not resist the snacks that i crave, or to push myself to work out like i know i should be doing! Sooooo, i had a handful of chips, and i will walk instead of jog today!
    What will that accomplish? I will get the snack that i desire, but in small amounts (always remember moderation), and i will get my workout in....it may not be the work out that I NEED to be doing, but at least i am MOVING, i am doing something! So, therefore tomorrow, i will not feel guilty for skipping my exercises! I know, i will have accomplished SOMETHING TODAY, and that is still a step in the right direction!
    From there, i can continue to push forward, instead of GIVING UP!
    Push honey...afterwards, you will be glad you did!
  • wahagent05
    Options

Another thing....if you are feeling this way on a regular basis, it may be time for you to switch up some things!!!!
    Do a completely new work out, perhaps one that you have NEVER done before! Or, change how you eat...continue to eat healthy, but try a DIFFERENT diet!!! Just do something completely different than you have been doing in the past several months!!!
    It sounds like you are becoming bored, and you may need to get your motivation back again! Switch it up, so you can get yourself back on track!
  • wallace_4
    wallace_4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm down 32 pounds and need to lose another 30-40 pounds. I had hit a plateau for about 3 months...but I'll be honest, I got discouraged and wasn't eating as well as I should have been, I was still going to the gym though. But I'm back on my healthy eating plan, and I have found the motivation to continue!
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    30-35lbs to lose. Following TDEE-20% :)
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @wallace_4 I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. I've lost about 32 lbs, but haven't been making the best diet choices so I keep gaining/losing the same 2 lbs every week so basically just maintaining. I still have been working out, so I'm at least proud that that aspect has truly become a habit just like I go to work day in/out (lol whether I want to or not!). But the diet is and has always been the problem since gaining weight.

Instead of cutting out things from my diet, I've just been eating within my calorie limits (for the most part!). When I first started this journey, I did make more of an effort to focus on getting in more protein, and limiting sugar & carbs. I'm thinking maybe I need to get back to that to try and jump start things again.
  • wahagent05
    Options
    ******* IT'S YOUR DECISION*******

hj0vnbf60z1e.jpg

ayzi6aumffat.png
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    ehgmzrficeks.gif

Good one @wahagent05! No excuses!
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Another thing....if you are feeling this way on a regular basis, it may be time for you to switch up some things!!!!
    Do a completely new work out, perhaps one that you have NEVER done before! Or, change how you eat...continue to eat healthy, but try a DIFFERENT diet!!! Just do something completely different than you have been doing in the past several months!!!
    It sounds like you are becoming bored, and you may need to get your motivation back again! Switch it up, so you can get yourself back on track!

@wahagent05 you're the best! I did switch it up and have been consistent...I switched up my eating and my workouts! And I finally got rid of my scale. My new goal is to lose 15 pounds and I'll take it from there...true baby steps this time. One day at a time!

Thanks everybody for all the support!
  • wahagent05
    Options

@wahagent05 you're the best! I did switch it up and have been consistent...I switched up my eating and my workouts! And I finally got rid of my scale. My new goal is to lose 15 pounds and I'll take it from there...true baby steps this time. One day at a time!

Thanks everybody for all the support!

Glad to hear that you are making the changes. I need to switch some things up as well, so i will do this with you! :) Let's see if we can get better results in the weeks to come!
    Weigh in only TWICE a week....once to make sure we are staying on track, and the 2nd time to see how much we have loss for the week! Don't forget to post so we can see how we BOTH are doing! As i have always said, I am here for you, and with you!!!
    We can do this together!

Also, did you sign back up for the BLC for May? I did...but i'm not gonna be a team captain this time! I wanna focus on my weight loss! I'm setting a goal to lose 8-10 lbs in May...that's 2-2.5 lbs per week...i think that's realistic!
    What are your goals?
  • nick7zen
    nick7zen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this and have 30lbs to lose too.
  • kaszay
    kaszay Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :) I started in February with 30lbs to loose. I was 165lb, today I'm 148.8 :)
    From Apr 1 im on Ketogenic diet (LCHF) and thinking about doing CarbNites
    I go fitness classes, threadmil fast pace uphill or workout at home with barbell or dumbbells or alexajean etc
  • finickygaby
    finickygaby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 25 but 30 sounds better, I'm trying to get a healthy lifestyle, just started 3 days ago and hoping for the best! I know that if we really try we can do it!!
  • finickygaby
    finickygaby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a 35 cal. Toast with one scrambled egg and 1 cup of o.j. For breakfast and for lunch 1 bowl of Salad with Caesar dressing, avocado and a hard boiled egg, then 1 Greek Yougurt for snack Walk/jog for 3.5 miles on the treadmill for Dinner 2 corn tortillas filled with chicken/ steak or whatever I cooked for my Family and hoping It works.