I'm trying to eat healthy but my Spouse isn't??

Options
167891012»

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »
    Mentali wrote: »
    I am amazed at the number of people who seem to think that putting food (i.e. doughnuts) in the cupboard is some sort of huge imposition on a partner. Food goes in cupboards; otherwise, there's no counter space left to cook on.

My husband is not trying to lose weight or watch what he eats. He can buy (and eat - even in front of me) anything junky he wants. But it lives in the "snacks" cupboard - which is a perfectly valid location and easily accessible within our kitchen.

Marriage is a partnership. We help each other out. We plan and eat meals together. And, yes, we will be using less bacon in the carbonara because otherwise I couldn't eat it anymore (and since I'm the one who cooks it, that would mean nobody got to eat it anymore).

Right?! I'm honestly shocked by the amount of people that seem to think that marriage is like living with a roommate, you deal with your own struggles and they deal with theirs and if you need some help you better figure it out yourself because you wouldn't want to put out your spouse....wouldn't you prefer a partner that you can rely on to support you when you're struggling, even if it means putting themselves out somewhat?

Obviously you would, but if you don't then what?
    Do you wait until you are both on the same page till you start?

Don't...have a partner that supports you? That sounds like an issue out of the scope of the deep well of MFP advice....

Chances are they have a happy marriage though:
    http://psychcentral.com/news/2013/04/05/happy-marriage-tends-to-mean-weight-gain/53453.html

I'll use that as my "excuse". :D

JK lol