Peeing in the pool....

Options
1235»

Replies

• Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hey at least you'd get to pee standing up for a change!

Woot Woot!

Win!
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    fun fact people peeing in the pool with the blue dye that detex pee is why pools are blue instead of white cuz the concrete of pools is white so without pee pools would be white!
    What? While I'm not a pool-urinologist, I am an engineer and I am going to assume that it's related to a material property of water as light waves travel through it.
    You dare doubt science assertions from someone that forgoes proper punctuation, spelling and capitalization?!
    Fine. I admit defeat and stand corrected. Pool water is blue only because of people peeing in it. Newly constructed pools are filled with water by the workers. They then realize it's clear water, so they all pee in it to give it that refreshing blue color.
    Never doubt science info from someone with nothing but duck face pics.

Or who spells detects "detex"
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I don't do pools but I do have a hot tub. We sanitize it after every single use. We don't let the kids pee in it, but I do sometimes, lol. Also, do people worry about this with the lake? Because I don't care at all at the lake.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I have mentioned it before to people who are in my pool drinking. The last time we had people over I said "You know what is strange? Everyone has been out there drinking for hours and NO ONE has had to pee yet...."
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Urine is non-toxic - although it contains waste products (urea, creatine, salts and ions) these are not harmful in the concentrations present in normal urine. Most urine is also sterile, unless you have a urinary tract infection. Even then, the number of bacteria per urination will be quite small. And they are getting diluted into a very large volume of chlorine-containing water. Mine pool is about 25,000 gallons; the average volume of pee per urination is small - probably less than a pint for an adult. So that's a >200,000 x dilution factor. So the chances of any microbe surviving long enough in the chlorine to actually come into contact with me are really very very low. Not something I worry about. I do make sure my chlorinator is working at all times though!

I'm not sure how to take this? I'm waffling between ...

"Uh Oh, smart man might has a thing for pee pee?".
    OR
    "Okay! I guess I can afford to relax a little I guess a little pee pee never hurt anyone."

If you ever get stung by a sting ray you will be more than happy to piss all over yourself or have someone else do it if you can't reach the affected area.
  • _bumshaker_
    Options
    Ummm.... Gross!
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    fun fact people peeing in the pool with the blue dye that detex pee is why pools are blue instead of white cuz the concrete of pools is white so without pee pools would be white!
    What? While I'm not a pool-urinologist, I am an engineer and I am going to assume that it's related to a material property of water as light waves travel through it.
    You dare doubt science assertions from someone that forgoes proper punctuation, spelling and capitalization?!
    Fine. I admit defeat and stand corrected. Pool water is blue only because of people peeing in it. Newly constructed pools are filled with water by the workers. They then realize it's clear water, so they all pee in it to give it that refreshing blue color.
    Eksperts.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Eksperts.

I LOL'd.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options

There is no such dye.