Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    Somehow I just ended up watching a 45 minute documentary about three girls who were kidnapped and held captive in Cleveland for over ten years :flushed:
  • PalePocahontas
    PalePocahontas Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat so I got a random mixture of peppers and pineapples on my pizza :D yum!
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    I know what @VikMcAnik name means now

He's a mechanic and his name is Vick

LOL!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Can tell you don't have kids ..pretty sure the rest of us would be hiding lol..jk.. :p

Lol, it may surprise you but I actually am excited about having kids eventually. I love kids :smile:

Yup..said like someone who doesnt have em yet lol..I really am just kidding..or am I..
    Teenagers are a weird breed lol
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    Somehow I just ended up watching a 45 minute documentary about three girls who were kidnapped and held captive in Cleveland for over ten years :flushed:
    Oh I think I saw same one a while ago....they had babies too didn't they?
  • VikMcAnik
    Options
    Yeah that was a big news story at the time...
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    Oh I think I saw same one a while ago....they had babies too didn't they?

Gina dejesus, Tina knight, and another girl. Local to me.

Yep, that's it.

Gina Dejaesus, Amanda Berry, and Michelle Knight. Such a sad, terrifying story
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options

Have you seen the autotuned remix of the interview with the guy who found them?
    Can tell you don't have kids ..pretty sure the rest of us would be hiding lol..jk.. :p

Lol, it may surprise you but I actually am excited about having kids eventually. I love kids :smile:

Yup..said like someone who doesnt have em yet lol..I really am just kidding..or am I..

Ha, yeah yeah :tongue: But I really am excited about it. I'm too arrogant not to want to impart my wisdom on a child.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Ha, yeah yeah :tongue: But I really am excited about it. I'm too arrogant not to want to impart my wisdom on a child.
    Pffft ya dork...your kid aint gunna listen..you are just going to be an annoying drone in his head..ask him when he's 13 what he thinks of your wisdom :D
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options

Pffft ya dork...your kid aint gunna listen..you are just going to be an annoying drone in his head..ask him when he's 13 what he thinks of your wisdom :D

Oh I know. It's that golden age between 4 and 10 when they just want to know everything. I love that.
  • VikMcAnik
    Options

I've pretty much given up on that thought at this point...
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Haha, I know I'm probably just naive, but I think my kids will be different. I started reading when I was 3 and was reading Stephen King in 3rd grade. My grandma made me watch 2 hours of the History channel for every hour of cartoons. I can only hope to do the same for my eventual hellspawn.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    VikMcAnik wrote: »

I've pretty much given up on that thought at this point...

Don't give up..... :)
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Oh I know. It's that golden age between 4 and 10 when they just want to know everything. I love that.

Ugghhh *bangs head on wall* ..4 to 10 ..oh yeah they want to know everything ..and ask over and over and over and over ....the word *why* ..I swear still makes my ears bleed ..lol
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options

Ugghhh *bangs head on wall* ..4 to 10 ..oh yeah they want to know everything ..and ask over and over and over and over ....the word *why* ..I swear still makes my ears bleed ..lol

Lol, well I might be basing it off of how I was at that age. I asked how everything worked. Took a computer apart and put it back together at 8, which is what set me on the career path I'm on now. I was so interested in learning everything I possibly could. I remember spending 8 - 10 hours a day just reading on my bed.
    lauranorr wrote: »
    Haha, I know I'm probably just naive, but I think my kids will be different. I started reading when I was 3 and was reading Stephen King in 3rd grade. My grandma made me watch 2 hours of the History channel for every hour of cartoons. I can only hope to do the same for my eventual hellspawn.

I am an avid reader. I started reading early and would read at least a book a day as a youngster. My kids don't like to read unless they have to!!! Wth!!!! Your kids are going to do what they want to do.

You're right, I know. But I still want to do it eventually, and I can only hope they come out the way I envision.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    ^^^LOL..Laura ..same here..I read to them every night..thinking to instill a love of books..Only one enjoys reading and does it for fun lol..

I admit though... was one of my fav moments when we all sat on the bed and someone picked the story from a big book I had..
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Right now I help provide for my niece and nephew, and those kids are great. My nephew is 10 now, so he's just starting to get to that age where he doesn't want to listen to anyone, but my niece is still really young (she's 5), and is brilliant for her age. I have really high hopes for both of them. I'm planning on seeing if my nephew will take an interest in programming this summer, I'd love to teach him.