Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    Somehow I just ended up watching a 45 minute documentary about three girls who were kidnapped and held captive in Cleveland for over ten years :flushed:

Have you seen the autotuned remix of the interview with the guy who found them?

Who would make an autotune of that? O_o
    Haha, I know I'm probably just naive, but I think my kids will be different. I started reading when I was 3 and was reading Stephen King in 3rd grade. My grandma made me watch 2 hours of the History channel for every hour of cartoons. I can only hope to do the same for my eventual hellspawn.

Just curious...do you have siblings?

Bc I was also an awesome kid - loved school, made good decision, really responsible. Buy my lil sister (who I basically raised) was a complete hellion. She's so different from me - hates school, doesn't listen, can't control her emotions, goes looking for trouble.

I mean, I hope my kids end up more easy to deal with like me. But having to deal with my lil sister has prepared me for hellion kids.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Somehow I just ended up watching a 45 minute documentary about three girls who were kidnapped and held captive in Cleveland for over ten years :flushed:

Have you seen the autotuned remix of the interview with the guy who found them?

Who would make an autotune of that? O_o
    Haha, I know I'm probably just naive, but I think my kids will be different. I started reading when I was 3 and was reading Stephen King in 3rd grade. My grandma made me watch 2 hours of the History channel for every hour of cartoons. I can only hope to do the same for my eventual hellspawn.

Just curious...do you have siblings?

Bc I was also an awesome kid - loved school, made good decision, really responsible. Buy my lil sister (who I basically raised) was a complete hellion. She's so different from me - hates school, doesn't listen, can't control her emotions, goes looking for trouble.

I mean, I hope my kids end up more easy to deal with like me. But having to deal with my lil sister has opened my eyes to the fact that my future kids could be end up being hellions.

I'm a middle child, my younger sister is 19 and my older sister was 28. My older sister helped raise me and I helped raise my younger sister, so I do have some experience caring for a young child. I've definitely gone farther than my older sister did, and my younger sister is having a hard time of it, but I'm still doing my best to help her along.

EDIT: Btw, @jenmar22 this is the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Its true Jen..its a great mystery as to what your kids will be like....its fun in a way to watch them grow ..amazing how each is different..
    I look at my kids and im constantly amazed at how great they are..they all had their moments but Im happy to say turned out to be awesome people..of course thats just me saying that..I could be bias.. :D
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    @OneHundredToLose O_o That is so wrong, but :joy::joy::joy:
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    @OneHundredToLose O_o That is so wrong, but :joy::joy::joy:

Lol, if it makes you feel better, he later said he loved it and played it in his car for like a week straight
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Bumping this so that you guys will actually post in it
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Are you working hard?
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Working on this glass of whiskey infused iced tea, lol. Got another hour or so until I'm going to head home
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    Options
    So what is it exactly that you do there?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    You are drinking at work? Is that allowed
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Its true Jen..its a great mystery as to what your kids will be like....its fun in a way to watch them grow ..amazing how each is different..
    I look at my kids and im constantly amazed at how great they are..they all had their moments but Im happy to say turned out to be awesome people..of course thats just me saying that..I could be bias.. :D

Kids are a complete crap shoot aren't they.
    I like my boy though. He's kinda cool but I'm happy with just the one
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    VikMcAnik wrote: »
    So what is it exactly that you do there?

"Well I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob." -best movie ever.
    You are drinking at work? Is that allowed

Ha, well since the only guy above me in this company has explicitly told me that he doesn't give a f**k what I do as long as I keep knocking it out of the park, I'd say I'm in pretty good shape right?
  • synchkat
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    I vent about my kids but they are good kids. The kind of kids that teachers are glad to have in their classes, get compliments on their behavior and stuff like that. It's because they are smart to do all the bad stuff at home ;) lol

Lucky. Mine has adhd so I often get to talk to the teacher. He's super smart though and while he appears to be in his own world hears everything. Often it's annoying. But with his smarts comes an awesome sense of humour!
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    My sense of humor got me in hot water last week
  • synchkat
    Options
    Mine is always getting me into trouble
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Arent you always in truble 100.. :p
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Arent you always in truble 100.. :p

Ha, well usually that kind of trouble ends in something enjoyable for me. But in all seriousness, I totally feel bad about what happened last week. One of my coworkers said "Nothing offends me", and then I apparently offended her so badly that she quit.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Hmmm..well IMO you can't be blamed if that's what she said..I say the same thing to everyone...Im unoffendable and I mean it..no exception.how were you to know she didn't actually mean it..