Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Way off topic and I was gonna start my own thread but don’t wanna be that guy... anyways my wife and I just got a new apartment and while me and my brother in law were moving a couch and blocking the stairs this tendant walked in the door and we both said ‘hi’ and apologized said we be out of his way in a moment, and then he just stands there and doesn’t say a damn thing back... since we’ve been here a few weeks now and I’ve seen him a couple times and still always say ‘hey’ and he’ll just glare at me and look away, like WTF? Never met someone so bitter and anti-social... am I overreacting? It really bothers me how I try to be nice and he’s just rude to me and my wife

Some people just dont like confrontation. Some people arent raised with manners. Most importantly is u continue to be a decent human being to the world, doesnt matter if its reciprocated. If u know he doesnt say hi, u can ignore him, just smile, or say hi without expecting anything back

My neighborhood is full of rude people, who doesn’t say excuse me, pushes and shoves, and sometimes just stares at u without saying a word. I dont let it ruin my day

Couldn’t have said it better
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Wow I played like *kitten* today. I could not get a shot to save my life. Then the very last end I got THE shot of the game that got buried and the other team couldn't pick out winning us the game. Yesterday was amazing, today garbage. So frustrating
  • Reckoner67
    You were clutch!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,857 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Way off topic and I was gonna start my own thread but don’t wanna be that guy... anyways my wife and I just got a new apartment and while me and my brother in law were moving a couch and blocking the stairs this tendant walked in the door and we both said ‘hi’ and apologized said we be out of his way in a moment, and then he just stands there and doesn’t say a damn thing back... since we’ve been here a few weeks now and I’ve seen him a couple times and still always say ‘hey’ and he’ll just glare at me and look away, like WTF? Never met someone so bitter and anti-social... am I overreacting? It really bothers me how I try to be nice and he’s just rude to me and my wife

Are you positive this person isn't deaf or unable to speak? Though it seems like if they were, they'd still acknowledge you somehow.

Absolutely positive... I’ve heard him speak... to his dog lol

Have you tried barking at him?
  • AliNouveau
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    You were clutch!

For once I came through when it really counted. It really was a beautiful shot. Outscored the other teams and buried behind a bunch of guards
  • Reckoner67
    Just pretend—it works for me
  • AliNouveau
    Pretending to know what's going on is how I spend most of my life
  • Reckoner67
    I’m watching The WNUF Halloween Special, working, and waiting for this melatonin to take me away
  • AliNouveau
    What's wnuf and why a Halloween special
  • Reckoner67
    It’s a horror movie that was made in 2013 but made to look like a local news station Halloween program from the 80s, complete with fake old commercials and stuff
  • AliNouveau
    That sounds kinda fun
  • Reckoner67
    It was. The commercials were awesome...and the whole thing was fuzzy like a VHS tape
  • AliNouveau
    Would you believe my mom had all our VHS tapes of skating transferred to DVD and watches them. Isn't it a bit embarrassing
  • Reckoner67
    Aww she just loves to reminisce!
  • AliNouveau
    She made all our costumes. It's just so long ago it feels like a different life time

Omg speaking of old someone we curled with today said when he worked at a bar as a student beers were ten cents!!!! How was that ever possible
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,857 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Would you believe my mom had all our VHS tapes of skating transferred to DVD and watches them. Isn't it a bit embarrassing

Isn't that actually really sweet? Isn't she probably proud of you?

Isn't it hard to get out of the habit of asking only questions?
  • AliNouveau
    Stop questioning!!!! It is ki da hard though. I have to really think
  • Bill9160
    Bill9160 Posts: 8,600 Member
    Boy....looks like I missed a bunch today. Always late to the party...
  • AliNouveau
    We have freezing rain today. I can hear the little pellets against the window. Freezing rain sucks
  • AliNouveau
    I won't be driving anywhere. The only place I thought I might go was to skate this morning which is 2km away. I will just walk the boy to school and that's it