Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    We were supposed to get buried under a half-inch of ice BUT it never got cold enough so just rain for us :D My son was pretty upset this morning at having to go to school but them's the breaks, kid! Go get yer learnin in
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    my son kept saying on our walk why didn't they all a snow day. i'm kind of happy they didn't
  • Reckoner67
    My wife threatened to make the kids go stand in the school parking lot all day if school got cancelled.

Cabin fever is real, and it's dangerous heheh.
  • AliNouveau
    omg it is. hubs is away until tonight. a day of single mom with the thought of a boy home all day isn't appealing and i have a feeling hubs' return could be delayed if the weather persists.

it is really pretty though. i shovelled the walkway a bit and it looks like sparkling sugar sprinkles you'd put on cookies or cupcakes
  • Reckoner67
    I love snow, I love ice, I love cold weather. I don't even mind driving in it if the roads are empty, I just don't like driving in that weather when there's a lot of traffic on the roads.

In other news, I'm sitting here wondering why this ibuprofin isn't helping with my headache when I look down and see them still sitting on my desk. I seem to have skipped a step
  • AliNouveau
    You kinda missed the most important step, the follow through. Take the meds mister!!!

I'm gonna take a little walk. the sidewalk cleaner just went by so i'm going to take advantage and go get cookie making supples and pay a bill
  • Reckoner67
    Can't focus today and I need to, but my brain wants to do other things and I'm having trouble reining it in
  • AliNouveau
    ugh i hate days like that. it's taken me all morning to get organized enough to tidy my kitchen so i can make a new mess making cookies
  • Bill9160
    Bill9160 Posts: 8,600 Member
    I absolutely love ice....in a glass with my favorite beverage poured over it....
  • Reckoner67
    What is your favorite beverage, Bill?
  • Bill9160
    If I was forced to pick...I'd go with iced tea.
  • Reckoner67
    Sweetened or unsweetened?
  • Bill9160
    edited February 2019
    Unsweetened...or diet Arizona Green

Even hot tea has to be unsweetened...maybe with some lemon.
  • Reckoner67
    I'm a fan of both of those, for sure. My go-to is Dr. Pepper or A&W root beer, I love pop (I'm from Michigan, I'll promise not to make this a thing if nobody else does) but staying caffeine-free limits my options. THANKFULLY two of my three favorites are available sans caffeine, so yeah!
  • Bill9160
    If I'm drinking soda (or pop) it's a diet. Dr Pepper, A&W root beer or cream, Coke Zero, or Pepsi One.

I will also do an occasional energy drink
  • AliNouveau
    pop is the right word!!!
    I like going to the States and getting the unsweetened ice tea. I never add sweetener it's way more refreshing when it's unsweetened
  • Bill9160
    I agree...in the summer I will make sun tea by the gallon....
  • AliNouveau
    un tea takes soooo long to make
  • Reckoner67
    Talking about summer and unsweetened tea reminds me of hammocks, and there is no better place to take a nap than a hammock THE END.
  • AliNouveau
    I'm not a napping kinda gal so I'll take your word for it