Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    I dunno, it's just a thing I guess! I know my brain is wired weird...stuff that a lotta people find to be disturbing, it doesn't bother me in the same way. I definitely feel, just about very specific things, and not always the way others do. Then again, acclimation has a lot to do with it too. That's one of the reasons I hesitate to push my stuff on people, cause I really don't know where they are and I don't trust my own sense of what is "disturbing" to the general populace anymore.

I love horror stories and generally the only thing I read 😁

If you're ever interested, tell me what kinda horror you prefer and I can set you up with a short story or two!

Interested in all..
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I am jealous of the cookie eating talent
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,857 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I am jealous of the cookie eating talent

Well, I don't like to brag, but I have been practicing since I was a child. :)
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    See, maybe @burlygirl91 was right and you're better than you realized, look at that!

Writing is just a hobby for me. My career probably pays better than writing ever would unless I hit "everything he writes ends up being a bestseller because of his rabid fandom" status which I'm not holding out for, heheh.

I have some stuff in some anthologies, a few things I put out there on my own. Nothing regular, like a blog or a column or anything.

Here's my Soundcloud page, I posted it before on the "voice" thread in the Chit-Chat forums but I'll just link to everything there. Hopefully none of it is too graphic? They're all short, probably not all horror. You can always turn them off or not listen, I won't be offended. The best thing about submitting writing for publication is that you build a thick skin pretty stinkin fast!!

https://soundcloud.com/reckoner67

Those are cool tha k's. You've a real Michigan accent eh

Yeah, I spent the first nine months of my life in Ontario and have been in Michigan ever since. My accent is strong :D
  • Reckoner67
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    bill9160 wrote: »
    Look at all the talent we have here....skater/curler, dancer, writer...
    Then there's me.....lol

Right now my only talent seems to be how many girl scout cookies I can eat. :|

Not to brag, but I'm pretty good in the cookie-eating arena as well. I definitely hold my own (and probably someone else's, too)
  • AliNouveau
    See, maybe @burlygirl91 was right and you're better than you realized, look at that!

Writing is just a hobby for me. My career probably pays better than writing ever would unless I hit "everything he writes ends up being a bestseller because of his rabid fandom" status which I'm not holding out for, heheh.

I have some stuff in some anthologies, a few things I put out there on my own. Nothing regular, like a blog or a column or anything.

Here's my Soundcloud page, I posted it before on the "voice" thread in the Chit-Chat forums but I'll just link to everything there. Hopefully none of it is too graphic? They're all short, probably not all horror. You can always turn them off or not listen, I won't be offended. The best thing about submitting writing for publication is that you build a thick skin pretty stinkin fast!!

https://soundcloud.com/reckoner67

Those are cool tha k's. You've a real Michigan accent eh

Yeah, I spent the first nine months of my life in Ontario and have been in Michigan ever since. My accent is strong :D

YA it's super Michigany. Lots of people here think i have an accent. i have a bit of a twang when i say certain sounds. Someone called it a southern Ontario twang
  • Reckoner67
    I dunno, it's just a thing I guess! I know my brain is wired weird...stuff that a lotta people find to be disturbing, it doesn't bother me in the same way. I definitely feel, just about very specific things, and not always the way others do. Then again, acclimation has a lot to do with it too. That's one of the reasons I hesitate to push my stuff on people, cause I really don't know where they are and I don't trust my own sense of what is "disturbing" to the general populace anymore.

If you're ever interested, tell me what kinda horror you prefer and I can set you up with a short story or two!

Interested in all..

I'm not exaggerating, I have a *lot*. I was very prolific early on, cranked out a LOT of short stories. Do you have any type of favorites? Monsters, ghosts, whatever, etc?
  • AliNouveau
    Holy crap people my dinner prep smells soooooo good.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,857 Member
    I'm making fish for dinner. Fish doesn't usually smell so good. lol
  • AliNouveau
    i'm making indian food. It uses such a fragrant combination of spices that it make it a delight to make

wow that sounded fancy
  • slimgirljo15

Interested in all..

I'm not exaggerating, I have a *lot*. I was very prolific early on, cranked out a LOT of short stories. Do you have any type of favorites? Monsters, ghosts, whatever, etc?

Demons, ghosts, monster I like all..
    Especially the types where an ancient evil has been woken or ghosts and possession, basically anything
  • Bill9160
    Bill9160 Posts: 8,600 Member
    I like food....food is good
  • Reckoner67
    Bill is speaking universal truths tonight. I’m on Team Food.

Jo, I’ll hit you up tomorrow for a good way to send you a story. I have an old one in mind, a little rough around the edges but aren’t they all :)
  • slimgirljo15
    Bill is speaking universal truths tonight. I’m on Team Food.

Jo, I’ll hit you up tomorrow for a good way to send you a story. I have an old one in mind, a little rough around the edges but aren’t they all :)

Thank you.. look forward to reading it.
  • AliNouveau
    I made chicken tikka masala with a basmati rice pilaf and some naan for dinner. It was soooo good and I have enough for dinner tomorrow
  • Bill9160
    That does sound good. I used to work with a bunch of guys from India...they would bring stuff in for food days that was so good. Butter chicken is my fav
  • AliNouveau
    Butter chicken is delish. This is similar. It will taste even Better tomorrow
  • Bill9160
    I made Pasta & Peas with garlic bread made from the baguettes I made the other day...
  • AliNouveau
    Nice. It's so fun when you can repurpose something you made
  • Bill9160
    I learned about repurposing when I was away at school...couldn't afford to waste anything