Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    Options
    Vik, that's what I'm beginning to wonder. My son is 9 this year and he acts like he still believes in the bunny, but said he hoped the Easter Bunny brought him money. I'm wondering if he's playing me.
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, but I never believed in the Easter bunny or Santa Claus... Maybe It was just the way my parents approached things. I always knew it was just some sort of make-believe kind of thing...
  • Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes I get the feeling he might not believe, but maybe doesn't want to say anything thinking he might make me sad. Boy, I wish he would tell me he doesn't believe anymore.
  • VikMcAnik
    Options
    All I know is that kids are far smarter than adults give them credit for... They may not have all of our experience and emotional development but their brains are just as good as ours or better...
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Mine believed till they were about 8..or 9....
    I do remember one very upset daughter..after I'd admitted there wasn't one looking me in the eye and saying "so you lied to me" ..she was not impressed lol
  • VikMcAnik
    Options
    Back in a bit love, gone for a very late lunch...
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    VikMcAnik wrote: »
    Back in a bit love, gone for a very late lunch...

Ok..catch ya later :*
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    My family's rule is if ypu believe then they bring stuff. I still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny
  • slimgirljo15
    edited March 2016
    Options
    They were told that while you believe santa and the easter bunny will come....
    I still remember her tirade.." you lied to me all this time..how could you" parents aren't supposed to lie..blah blah lol..I think she was so upset because in our house ....lying one of the worst things...
  • synchkat
    Options
    Haha nice. We just make each other pay still and pretend Santa brings it
  • synchkat
    Options
    Awww that's awesome. It's nice to be able to surprise them
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    We used to spend tons on christmas ..till one year my dad came to visit 2 weeks later..he asked each what they got for christmas and they had trouble remembering..it annoyed the hell out of me..I realised they were just getting so much they weren't even remembering half of it..I cut way back after that..and they still enjoyed christmas and I believe valued what they were given more..
  • synchkat
    Options
    My child is spoiled but he's super specific in what he wants and likes. He's also not worried about giving stuff he doesn't want away so I have piles of unopened toys I donate every year

On another note....baby white lions are kind of adorable.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    What's everyone up to today?
  • VikMcAnik
    Options
    Hey Rob, how's it?
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Not bad, finally home and relaxing a bit. Thinking of jumping in the pool in a bit.
  • VikMcAnik
    Options
    God I wish. It'll be months before pool weather here...
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    It's about 89F here right now, so pretty good weather for a swim. I'll be in there tomorrow for sure, it's supposed to be in the mid 90s.