WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2016

Options

Replies

• nb1959
    nb1959 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Here's the kids. Clay (L) works at an industrial carpet cleaning company. Lee is a graphic artist and web developer at FSU (with me). Tye (R) is a lab scientist, lately of UGA and now on his way to the USDA to work in food safety. (You're in excellent hands.)

inskk1wv80az98i.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,569 Member
    Options
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good lookin' boys/young men, Noreen!
  • KJLaMore
    Options
    PIp- Did you start the "gaggler" conversation? I looked it up! It reminded me of a few years back I painted my kitchen in a style that was/is called "frottage". So...when I was explaining the painting style to friends on facebook and I used that term; my french speaking daughter commented "MOM! I don't think that is what it was called! Frottage in french is slang for "rubbing yourself/creating friction or to *kitten*". Well the painting style IS called frottage, and there is rubbing involved; just no body involvement.
  • KJLaMore
    Options
    SERIOUSLY???? I can't say the m word on here? They censored the term for self pleasure. Wow. Time to go all Dr. Seuss and use words that rhyme with what you mean. spasterbate
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,243 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Been too chicken to do the Sit and Rise test. :* Will try tomorrow. Don't want to do it after exercise when my legs are like jelly. ;)

Been watching on TV a railroad trip across the States. So far from Chicago, through Minesota and North Dakota to Montana and on to Seattle. The presenter went to the Minesota State Fair. All very interesting. I love trains! Tonight he carries on through California etc. Thinking of you all as he proceeds. <3

Internet still #×÷@ . They need to COME AND FIX IT. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Phone crackling. Even when we're connected it all takes an age.

Love Heather UK
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Noreen ~ Thanks for sharing your pics. Was that you in your wedding dress? Lovely.

Miller ~ Where is your daughter's shop in Marietta. Lovely throw.

Beth ~ So glad your son is feeling better.

Today, I was brought my son's 12 yr old black cat. I don't know how I feel about that. It was either for him to get rid of his giant dog or give me the cat. The cat is presently sitting in the recliner beside me and has wandered all over the computer tables. I just hope he is old enough that he won't ruin our furniture with his claws.

Carol
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Grammy, I am starting to work out a pattern for the bookshelf quilt. I decided to title all the books after important things in my life, not necessarily "books", so I have a whole row of gardening titles (perennials, trees, composting, mulch, weed identification, etc.), Rehab counseling and psych titles, medical titles, cats, photo albums for each of my five kids, types of music I like as titles (classical, R&B, etc.), Victorian houses, history, religions of the world... you get the idea. I may have to make a bigger quilt than I thought! LOL I have way too many interests!
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just watched the sequel - Washington, California, Arizona and Texas. :D

Sorry Noreen my Internet won't let me see your kids. :'( I'm sure they are great.

DDIL has said she's fine with us going up on Monday 18th. Hooray! We'll just see the kids and baby for a few hours, but it's worth the journey. :love:

Sorry if I'm not replying properly to you all, but I'm struggling with this Internet nonsense. :sad:

Heather UK

Noreen - Just got to see their faces! Lovely! They remind me of my elder son with their beards. <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    nb1959: Nice looking kids. You have quite a lot to be proud of. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I hope your internet access is fixed soon. I don't understand why it is taking so long. Is it a widespread problem with many people having trouble? Good luck for a return to easy communication. :star:

I had a lovely time at yoga today followed by a long walk with my neighbor. I've thoroughly enjoyed he day. The thermometer in my kitchen window shows 70 degrees Fahrenheit outside. That is unusual in April.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,719 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well I am home from work and here I sit,Chester is hounding me for treats...
    didnt eat to well today.. and am kind of tired...
    Now I dont know any of you who do latch hook rugs.. I have 5 full boxes of latch hook yarn, a few rugs that are started and not finished.. Should I put them on Craiglist, Freecycle? I don't want to just throw them out...
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Katla - The problem is the connection between our house and the road. It's just a wire between the house and a pole. BT who run the infrastructure won't listen to us. You have to call a call centre in India and you get no sense at all from them. They are meant to be monitoring the line - #÷×$÷=%$# is what I say to that! We can't even use the phone it crackles so much. The system is #@×÷ with a capital S.

Heather UK
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ In the US, we have been told if you get a foreigner on the line that you can ask to speak to an English speaking person.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Ok, wish I hadn't done that.....

hahahahahaha
    just file that info in your file titled "useless mindless stuff"
  • Annr
    Options
    nb1959 wrote: »
    Day 6. I have decided not to weigh myself. After 30 years of doing so, I conclude that doesn't work; just too frustrating, pound by pound by tedious pound. Instead, I am going to celebrate going down a size with you, my awesome new and numerous new buddies! Size 18 now...Size 16, watch out! Here I come! Sleep well ladies. As Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day!"

Good for you! I stare at my scale and yelling in my mind...."numbers shall not define me!!"
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi gals,

Chris – you can do this… look at some old pics and remember how far you’ve come…

Clare – wishing you well, this is a very supportive friendly group..

Sylvia – you are doing great!!! Think of typing as PT 

Newbies – welcome!!

Larisa – It seems to be worth a few hours to get to know this man and see after that.

Patsy – Cool! I have always wanted to weave.

Allie – good job on spending time with a friend and letting him figure it out on his own… so proud of you! I already knew he wasn’t too bright as he doesn’t value YOU!

Miriam – I love the quilt!!!

Becca and Pip – of course now I had to look it up too… my question is how does Pip know this?

Heather – Oh dear ! I just watched the youtube sit rise test, and I think I’d get a zero…. I’ll try it later.

Today was tough on food, I logged everything and will be under due to exercise calories but was hungry most of the day… don’t know what was up with that. Made a HUGE dinner, 2 cups of chard, onion, mushrooms, tofu and a bit of rice– sauted, filled a big fry pan and only 250 calories… that will hold me I hope!

Kim from N. California

I think Pip mis spoke...and I am so not a gaggler....shoot I have a sore throat for gosh sakes!!! hahahahaha...
  • Annr
    Options
    Michele in NC~ It was interesting that my paternal grandmother did that for me. After my mom and dad divorced, every time I saw her all she did was cry. Very devout Catholic woman. So it was touching that she did that for me. My Mom and I sugar starched it so I could frame it. I have yet to do that. Maybe not ready to put it in a frame where I can't touch it. My maternal grandmother gave me a blanket she knitted using all of her left over colors. I remember her knitting it, and I always told her it was wonderful, and then she gives it to me as a wedding gift. Gifts can just be gifts that fill a registry listing from a store, or gifts can be literally pieces of that person, and extension of themselves to you. I was lucky. After 32 yrs I don't have many of my wedding gifts, but I do have that blanket.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • Annr
    Options
    nb1959 wrote: »
    Here's the kids. Clay (L) works at an industrial carpet cleaning company. Lee is a graphic artist and web developer at FSU (with me). Tye (R) is a lab scientist, lately of UGA and now on his way to the USDA to work in food safety. (You're in excellent hands.)

inskk1wv80az98i.png

I look at them and see a large grocery bill!! Very handsome guys, you did good Mom!!
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This is the group I've been looking for...I am heading into my mid-fifties and lately I've been feeling a little lost. There are days when I feel like Kathy Bates in Fried Green Tomatoes, "I'm to young to be old and I'm to old to be young." So it will be nice to connect with all of you. Next week I start the third phase of the Real Age Workout plan, strength training. I'm walking every day and doing core work several times a week. So my goal for April will be to walk for at least 30 minutes every day, core work every other day, drink at least 100 ounces of water daily, eat at least 80g of protein a day, 30g fiber every day, and keep my added sugar count to 25g or less. I'm working on a bariatric cookbook and plan to test one recipe a week for the next four weeks.