What's your goals for today?

Options

Replies

• 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    -Go out tonight and don't have any drinks
    -Get lots of sleep. No alarms. Walk the puppy extra so she doesn't complain when I sleep in.
    -Complete my log (start to finish of my day) before I go to bed
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Today's Goal: To the gym for cardio - not sure what yet, probably incline walking on the treadmill since I'm worn out today. But I'll get it done!

Tomorrow: Weights day! <3
  • grammageegee
    grammageegee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    40 30 30
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    daworley wrote: »
    Keep under (but close to) my calorie goal; work out after work; and work on my posture.

@daworley

I really need to work on my posture! Good one!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Heading into fall so I have to alter my habits, otherwise I get into a funk with the change of seasons. It's gear-switching time! Looking forward to positive outcomes. I have a history of having very productive, happy fall seasons whenever I make these changes. And the opposite when I don't...ugh.

So far, my goals for the entire week (and all coming weeks for the fall and winter) are:

1. Work on getting at least 7 solid, uninterrupted hours of sleep each day. (Hopefully more than that.)
    2. Get some purposeful physical activity (aka exercise) every day. <-- challenging
    3. Drink 8 cups of water minimum per day. <-- easy
    4. Increase protein, decrease sugars - already changed my MFP macros in my food diary to make this easier to track.

ETA: All goals met today! :)

@jenilla1

You continue to amaze me!! I really LOVE YOUR ON GOING GOALS!!

I always very in to a funk when the seasons change but never tried to alert any thing much except for layering up, which unfortunately, I just discovered. (My ribs used to hurt all winter from shaking.)

I am definitely going to sit and think about making fall/winter goals!

• tbolashana
    Options
    @jenilla1 and the rest of the thread.

Sorry I've been absent. I have been just off. Can't seem to keep my goals. I am really going to focus! Being fitness conscious held keep my mind clear and I definitely need that.

I also have been on Facebook more and it is taking up my phone time. I don't have a set time, but after being on Facebook, then getting on here, seems like a lot of time wasted and I have been skipping this one. Now that is a big mistake since this actually helps my life.

So I'm going to cut my Facebook usage back to where it used to be and come back here.

All of your goals helped pull me back here because you may not see my goals but I was still here reading you're just about every day. Keep up the great work! You never know who you're inspiring!
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this post. Love it!

Goals for today (wedged around working a 10 hour shift!):

Attend my first 45 minute spinning class (usually have only done 30 minute classes)
    Stick under my calorie goal
    Update my journal
    Drink 2 litres of water
    Get an early night
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Sairzie wrote: »
    Just discovered this post. Love it!

Goals for today (wedged around working a 10 hour shift!):

Attend my first 45 minute spinning class (usually have only done 30 minute classes)
    Stick under my calorie goal
    Update my journal
    Drink 2 litres of water
    Get an early night

@Sairzie

Hello!

10 hours is a lot!! Good luck!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    So here's to getting back :smile: :)

Goals for today:

Sleep at a decent time
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Intentional exercise
    2 loads of laundry

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    tbolashana wrote: »

Sorry I've been absent. I have been just off. Can't seem to keep my goals. I am really going to focus! Being fitness conscious held keep my mind clear and I definitely need that.

I also have been on Facebook more and it is taking up my phone time. I don't have a set time, but after being on Facebook, then getting on here, seems like a lot of time wasted and I have been skipping this one. Now that is a big mistake since this actually helps my life.

So I'm going to cut my Facebook usage back to where it used to be and come back here.

All of your goals helped pull me back here because you may not see my goals but I was still here reading you're just about every day. Keep up the great work! You never know who you're inspiring!

Goals beget more goals, so even if you just have some cheesy little goal, completing it gives you than "win" and encourages you to do even more. Well, at least that's how it works for me! And I just love to pat myself on the back for a job well done - no matter how trivial. :D

Don't even stress about having an "off" time. What happens, happens. Just redirect yourself back to where you want to be headed when you find yourself getting off track. Nobody's perfect. If you have too many goals at once or goals that might be unmanageable at the moment, you can get overwhelmed easily. That might cause avoidance behavior. Just have fun with it. Obviously, you should try to meet your goals (otherwise, what's the point?) but don't beat yourself up or go into a funk when you don't meet them. And keep checking in, even if it's just a couple of minutes. It will reinforce your focus.

The only thing that keeps me from turning into a useless slug this time of year is exercise. Keeps my spirits and energy up during a lethargic time of the year. Maybe you could trick yourself into it by telling yourself you can only get on Facebook while you're exercising (like if you do treadmill or stationary bike or something you could safely do while goofing around online.) Not sure if that would work for you.

Maybe you need some fun goals, too, like trying something new this weekend, going somewhere you've never been before, tasting a fruit or vegetable you've never tried before, etc. Being inquisitive and open to new experiences is great for your mental health and fitness, so those kinds of things should count as health and fitness goals too, I think... :)

P.S. I tried parsnips. Hated them. :p But I tried them...
  • tbolashana
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Goals beget more goals, so even if you just have some cheesy little goal, completing it gives you than "win" and encourages you to do even more. Well, at least that's how it works for me! And I just love to pat myself on the back for a job well done - no matter how trivial. :D

Don't even stress about having an "off" time. What happens, happens. Just redirect yourself back to where you want to be headed when you find yourself getting off track. Nobody's perfect. If you have too many goals at once or goals that might be unmanageable at the moment, you can get overwhelmed easily. That might cause avoidance behavior. Just have fun with it. Obviously, you should try to meet your goals (otherwise, what's the point?) but don't beat yourself up or go into a funk when you don't meet them. And keep checking in, even if it's just a couple of minutes. It will reinforce your focus.

The only thing that keeps me from turning into a useless slug this time of year is exercise. Keeps my spirits and energy up during a lethargic time of the year. Maybe you could trick yourself into it by telling yourself you can only get on Facebook while you're exercising (like if you do treadmill or stationary bike or something you could safely do while goofing around online.) Not sure if that would work for you.

Maybe you need some fun goals, too, like trying something new this weekend, going somewhere you've never been before, tasting a fruit or vegetable you've never tried before, etc. Being inquisitive and open to new experiences is great for your mental health and fitness, so those kinds of things should count as health and fitness goals too, I think... :)

P.S. I tried parsnips. Hated them. :p But I tried them...

@jenilla1

Thank you for your response. :) It means a lot to me. <3

What you have suggested are great ideas!! :smiley: I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. :blush:

And I will definitely challenge myself on being in my phone. :grimace: I am mostly on it playing Candy Crush Soda Saga. :frowning: It really relaxes me, but having a clean house and dinner cooked relaxes me even more :lol:

But thank you again!! I can feel your energy pumping me up from here! :smile: :grin:
  • bluecat86
    bluecat86 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread and I love it! Small achievable goals everyday... So much easier to focus on than the big goal months from now!
    For me today:
    -salad for dinner
    -no snacking on that bag of opened chocolate chips :/
    -attempt jogging for the first time since baby was born!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to go to spin class and to get to bed at a decent time so I cant get at least 7 hours of sleep.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    bluecat86 wrote: »
    Just found this thread and I love it! Small achievable goals everyday... So much easier to focus on than the big goal months from now!
    For me today:
    -salad for dinner
    -no snacking on that bag of opened chocolate chips :/
    -attempt jogging for the first time since baby was born!

@bluecat86

Congrats on the baby!! :grin:

And how'd your goals go today? Did the chocolate chips win?
  • tbolashana
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    My goal today is to go to spin class and to get to bed at a decent time so I cant get at least 7 hours of sleep.

@jdhcm2006

Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!!!!!

Sounds like we all need sleep! Lol hope you get it tonight.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    So here's to getting back :smile: :)

Goals for today:

Sleep at a decent time
    Drink 8 cups of water almost. About 6
    Intentional exercise
    2 loads of laundry
    didn't do these.

Felt good checking add least one thing off. I'll try to make it to bed earlier tomorrow but this time is good too. Now I just have to get off here. :blush:
  • tbolashana
    Options
    @jenilla1

I was trying to do the strike though thing again but it is not showing up again. Smh... Oh well....

It only shows bold and italicize
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Goals for tomorrow:

8 cups of water
    Sleep at a decent time
    Intentional exercise
  • tbolashana
    edited September 2016
    Options