What's your goals for today?

Options

Replies

• bluecat86
    bluecat86 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    tbolashana wrote: »
    Hey guys! Still trying to get in to a routine but it is hard. I have been more active but then I'm not. I've been trying though at least.

Tomorrow's goals:

Go Apple picking
    Finish cleaning kitchen (I started today and felt great!)

And the goal for this month is clean up my basement junk room!! I promised myself and I will complete this task! It is totally out of control! Wish me luck!

Trying is the first step!
    Apple picking sounds like fun :)
  • bluecat86
    Options
    Friday
    -arm and butt challenge- :(
    -jog :(
    -no trail mix✅

Saturday
    -arm and butt challenge
    -jog
    -no soda

Ick, not a good day for goals. Guests came over so didn't go out running and began mindlessly eating too :(
    So tomorrow's another day to begin again. Got to get that run in for my week's goal of a total of 3!
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Saturday
    1. Breakfast
    2. Strength class
    3. Watch ss videos
    4. Clean
  • esme7347
    esme7347 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1st Time in a dicussion but i know this thread will motivate me to stick with my goals.

Myself: I am trying to lose 24 lbs by Christmas I started exercising and dieting 1 month ago the first 2 weeks were great and lost 2 lbs even though my eating habits could have been better. But the past 2 weeks I have been bad I cut my exercise to 1-2 times a week and gave in to my cheetos, cheesecake and ice cream.

Weight loss hx: In 2012 I lost 25 lbs but gained it back due to bad eating habits, pregnancy and surgery.

Goal weight: I'm a 5 1' female current weight 134 lbs goal weight 110.

Starting this weekend I will watch what i eat and consume no more than 1200 calories a day. I will admit my morning was not healthy but i'm done feeling this way.

Monday - Friday: Beginning Monday i will restart my 30 min cardio sessions at the gym during my lunch hour and continue going to the gym in the evening for weight exercises for 1 hour.

Update: Due to a busy schedule, full time job, mother of 2, and wife. I will only update my progress one time a week on Saturdays.

* wish me luck and i will not fail. Any advise is appreciated. Thank you
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Thursday Goal: Weights
    Friday Goal: Hike in the hills

So I met these goals, but not in that order or within the time frame I set. I actually did the hike on Friday and weights on Saturday instead. Still meeting my protein goals daily :D and getting my sleep schedule on track for the most part.

Sunday - swimming.

• jenilla1
    Options
    tbolashana wrote: »
    Hey guys! Still trying to get in to a routine but it is hard. I have been more active but then I'm not. I've been trying though at least.

Tomorrow's goals:

Go Apple picking
    Finish cleaning kitchen (I started today and felt great!)

And the goal for this month is clean up my basement junk room!! I promised myself and I will complete this task! It is totally out of control! Wish me luck!

Good luck! :)
    Basement junk room sounds scary...stay safe down there. >:)
  • jenilla1
    Options
    bluecat86 wrote: »
    Friday
    -no trail mix✅

Saturday
    -arm and butt challenge
    -jog
    -no soda

Ick, not a good day for goals. Guests came over so didn't go out running and began mindlessly eating too :(
    So tomorrow's another day to begin again. Got to get that run in for my week's goal of a total of 3!

I wouldn't see it as beginning again (which sounds like starting over), but rather as getting back on track. You just happened to take a short break. No big deal. As long as you are generally heading in the right direction most of the time, you'll get there. You don't need to be perfect! :)
  • jenilla1
    Options
    esme7347 wrote: »
    1st Time in a dicussion but i know this thread will motivate me to stick with my goals.

Myself: I am trying to lose 24 lbs by Christmas I started exercising and dieting 1 month ago the first 2 weeks were great and lost 2 lbs even though my eating habits could have been better. But the past 2 weeks I have been bad I cut my exercise to 1-2 times a week and gave in to my cheetos, cheesecake and ice cream.

Weight loss hx: In 2012 I lost 25 lbs but gained it back due to bad eating habits, pregnancy and surgery.

Starting this weekend I will watch what i eat and consume no more than 1200 calories a day. I will admit my morning was not healthy but i'm done feeling this way.

Monday - Friday: Beginning Monday i will restart my 30 min cardio sessions at the gym during my lunch hour and continue going to the gym in the evening for weight exercises for 1 hour.

Update: Due to a busy schedule, full time job, mother of 2, and wife. I will only update my progress one time a week on Saturdays.

Welcome and good luck to you! :)

I've been here on MFP maintaining at my goal weight for about 5 years now. I mostly just have fitness and general health goals at this point. My personal strategy is to take things one day at a time (and to pay attention to each day - and track it - because when I don't, I WILL let things slide.) If I don't reflect each day I lose focus. If I let a day go, maybe that's OK, but then maybe then 2 days go by and then 3 and then...you get the idea. It's not that intense, either. I just set a goal - like doing 30 minutes on the treadmill. Come back later and say, "yup, I did it" or "oops, what do I need to do to make sure my goal happens tomorrow?" And I change my goals whenever I feel like it, too. Maybe I decided I didn't want to do treadmill after all, so I took my dog for a walk or rode my bike instead. No big deal. I'm not locked into anything. I'm totally flexible.

I like to keep a larger, over-arching goal in mind along the way. For example, my long term goal is to continue to maintain my goal weight and stay healthy. One of my current moderate term goals is to make it through fall and winter (a tough time for me - these darker, colder seasons sap my energy and I tend to hibernate if not careful.) To make it through this time, I know I need to make sure I keep my sleep schedule in line, I need to be purposefully physically active every day in some way, and I need to eat more protein and less sugar than I do in the "happier" months. So I just make sure that I make a goal or goals EVERY DAY that is related to these things, get it done, and then reevaluate. Not gonna meet every goal every time, but if I can do it most of the time, in the long-run, I achieve my larger goals this way. Bit by bit. Since I'm looking for long-term health, no single day screw-up is gonna break me. And all of these little daily wins give me constant successes that keep me motivated.

But that's just how I personally do things. Maybe someone else here has a winning strategy to share?
  • bluecat86
    Options
    bluecat86 wrote: »
    Friday
    -no trail mix✅

Saturday
    -arm and butt challenge
    -jog
    -no soda

I wouldn't see it as beginning again (which sounds like starting over), but rather as getting back on track. You just happened to take a short break. No big deal. As long as you are generally heading in the right direction most of the time, you'll get there. You don't need to be perfect! :)

Thank you for this! It helped me to make sure I met all my goals today!
  • bluecat86
    Options
    esme7347 wrote: »

Welcome and good luck to you! :)

I've been here on MFP maintaining at my goal weight for about 5 years now. I mostly just have fitness and general health goals at this point. My personal strategy is to take things one day at a time (and to pay attention to each day - and track it - because when I don't, I WILL let things slide.) If I don't reflect each day I lose focus. If I let a day go, maybe that's OK, but then maybe then 2 days go by and then 3 and then...you get the idea. It's not that intense, either. I just set a goal - like doing 30 minutes on the treadmill. Come back later and say, "yup, I did it" or "oops, what do I need to do to make sure my goal happens tomorrow?" And I change my goals whenever I feel like it, too. Maybe I decided I didn't want to do treadmill after all, so I took my dog for a walk or rode my bike instead. No big deal. I'm not locked into anything. I'm totally flexible.

I like to keep a larger, over-arching goal in mind along the way. For example, my long term goal is to continue to maintain my goal weight and stay healthy. One of my current moderate term goals is to make it through fall and winter (a tough time for me - these darker, colder seasons sap my energy and I tend to hibernate if not careful.) To make it through this time, I know I need to make sure I keep my sleep schedule in line, I need to be purposefully physically active every day in some way, and I need to eat more protein and less sugar than I do in the "happier" months. So I just make sure that I make a goal or goals EVERY DAY that is related to these things, get it done, and then reevaluate. Not gonna meet every goal every time, but if I can do it most of the time, in the long-run, I achieve my larger goals this way. Bit by bit. Since I'm looking for long-term health, no single day screw-up is gonna break me. And all of these little daily wins give me constant successes that keep me motivated.

But that's just how I personally do things. Maybe someone else here has a winning strategy to share?

I've used MFP before but never stuck with it. This time I am mentally ready to go for the long haul. I've found that logging any food right when I eat it helps keep me on track; sometimes I'm too lazy to open up the app and log my food so it helps stop mindless eating. It also helps me to think about what I'm eating throughout the day. If I wait to log everything at the end of the day theni don't have a chance to self correct during the day. I use this thread just as a way to write down my goals and know that someone else will be reading them. I don't do extreme goals, only things that I know could be achievable. I don't always achieve my goals but some days I do more than the goals. I have had some weight lost. However I'm also just wanting to be healthy and feel good about my body!
    Good luck with your journey!
  • bluecat86
    Options
    Saturday
    -arm and butt challenge✅
    -jog✅
    -no soda✅

Sunday
    -arm and butt challenge
    -limit mindless eating during party
    -enjoy time with friends!

So I almost didn't go running but decided I should meet my goals of 3x this week. So I told myself that I would get on the treadmill and do just 10 minutes...but once I was there, I felt motivated and ended up doing 30minutes! I met my goal for 3/3 runs for the week and also was under for calories, even after having a dessert. Great way to end a week!
    Shoutout to @jenilla1 for the comments that helped keep me in track!
  • Gingerbread_Mum
    Gingerbread_Mum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm returning here. Need to cut the rubbish from my diet (again). And learn to cope with an injury till its better. I fractured my ankle on Wednesday and am struggling with being dependent on my husband for lifts and hobbling around.

So... my goals today

No rubbish (chocolate, biscuits etc)
    Drink water
    Try and be positive
  • Gingerbread_Mum
    Gingerbread_Mum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ok. did succumb to some chocolate but half a kids bag - so not too bad :)
    on track today so pleased.
  • bluecat86
    Options
    Sunday
    -arm and butt challenge✅
    -limit mindless eating during party- not mindless but unhealthy..
    -enjoy time with friends!✅

Monday
    -arm and butt challenge
    -only 1 donut (if any)
    -postural exercises
    -order strength band

Week goal: run3x

Did a lot of walking today but food choices weren't great. However I knew that today may go that way. But today was a good day with friends!
  • bluecat86
    Options
    Monday
    -arm and butt challenge✅
    -only 1 donut (if any) :/
    -postural exercises✅
    -order strength band ✅

Week goal: run3x (1/3✅)

Tuesday
    -arm and butt challenge
    -50 jumping jacks
    -healthy lunch

I ate donuts but went for a run and also did some strength training, so I basically stayed on track for calories :smiley:
    Excited to get the resistance bands to begin some new strength exercises!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    I was planning on going mountain biking today but it was too hot (90's) so I opted for incline treadmill at the gym instead.

I need to get more fruit and vegetable servings. I'm usually pretty good about that, but the last few days I've been slacking off.
  • myra6989
    myra6989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is drink 5 bottles of water and go for a 30 minute walk.
  • Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    my goal for today is not to snack after dinner!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Drink more water.

To go home and not feel guilty about switching up my routine and using today as my rest day since it's my anniversary with my S.O.

Family has to be priority sometimes.
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My goal was to exercise regardless of how I felt and it was done :)