Most disgusting thing you've ever tried in your weight loss/gain journey

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I tried to make some protein fluff once...once...*shudder*

To be fair, I almost certainly didn't do it rght...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's just how I cooked it, but shark was pretty disgusting. I threw out what I didn't eat.

For my lunch, I like to eat vegetables quick and raw. Raw mustard greens were a mistake.

Pork rinds are something I like freshly made, maybe a little undercooked and fattier.

They pee out of their skin, so it's important to marinate it with something to pull the pee out (like chicken liver).

A quick google reveals they have bladders and urethras, and pee normally, just like the rest of us.
  • MrsMizzart
    MrsMizzart Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hemp protein powder.

Wrong on every level!
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Durian
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Durian

I had to look this up as it sounded like something from "The Hobbit"!

The description sounds horrendous - "best known for its pungent smell, variously compared to sewage, rotting flesh or, at best, ripe cheese". Ugh. No wonder it's banned in hotels/airports in some parts of Asia.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt frozen bark

All the rage of this as a yummy snack and it took me only one bite before it goes straight to the bin.

I like both yogurt as it is.. But I usually buy the normal yogurt coz its way cheaper than the greek yogurt..
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    I found a calorie free peanut butter.

I wanted to die.

Hah! I bought a jar of that.. it was like peanut butter colored jelly.. smelled odd... somewhat like peanut butter. The wife and I shared a little bit on the end of a spoon and raced each other to the trash to throw it away. Disgusting!

I tried mixing it with cocoa powder, definitely useful to induce vomiting!
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This weird superfood powder mix that you add to shakes had like 15 different ingredients couldn't taste anything but bananas.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    tofu hot dogs
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This weird superfood powder mix that you add to shakes had like 15 different ingredients couldn't taste anything but bananas.

Haha I've got one of those powders sitting in my fridge somewhere.. :confounded:
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Tuna and banana mashed together
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Arctic Zero Double Chocolate!
    I love most sushi but cannot stand sea urchin! I've tried it a couple of times (the second time hoping that it was fresher) and both times it tasted to me like I'd imagine excrement would taste. But it's considered such a delicacy. Maybe the stuff I had was not fresh?

An aquired taste, for sure. I love the stuff, but I eat it a little at a time, because the flavor is so strong. I find it to be like oysters, but times a million.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If your'e looking for something that tastes like off fish and pond scum, then chlorophyll liquid is the product for you :+1::wink:
  • becomingvegannn
    becomingvegannn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    - Carrot juice
    - Beet Juice
    - Some other juices that tasted like celery/cucumber
    - Dates
    - Protein powder mixed only with almond milk/water
  • Erin1082
    Erin1082 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Kale. It is the stuff of nightmares.

That is all.

I am so with you. I love spinach but kale... Yuck. I tried making kale chips, tasted like eating saw dust.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If your'e looking for something that tastes like off fish and pond scum, then chlorophyll liquid is the product for you :+1::wink:

Yuk! It's not even easy to just extract chlorophyll from plant material I'll stick with green leafy veg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

When I went to see a dietitian 18 years ago to lose weight, he gave me a prescription for some herbal drink that was supposed to help my metabolism. There was some of that stuff in there. I think I ended up throwing up.

And people wonder why I don't trust dietitians.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    paige55555 wrote: »
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Arctic Zero Double Chocolate!
    I love most sushi but cannot stand sea urchin! I've tried it a couple of times (the second time hoping that it was fresher) and both times it tasted to me like I'd imagine excrement would taste. But it's considered such a delicacy. Maybe the stuff I had was not fresh?

An aquired taste, for sure. I love the stuff, but I eat it a little at a time, because the flavor is so strong. I find it to be like oysters, but times a million.

Fresh uni has a delicate flavor. It gets stronger with time. The texture also gets worse with time. It is certainly an acquired taste, but fresh is more important with it than anything else I've eaten except perhaps chicken liver sashimi.