Most disgusting thing you've ever tried in your weight loss/gain journey

Options

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Unflavored Plant Fusion powder. Maybe the flavored stuff tastes better, but I can't get past the pea taste. Just...yuck.
  • MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I put spinach in a smoothie because the recipe said you couldn't taste it......yuck.

The trick is you have to use baby spinach. The large leaf spinach is far too harsh for smoothies. And never ever try kale. Now that is horrible.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I'm not the only one who hates sweet potatoes. I tried them plain, tried them with a boatload of cinnamon and butter, they still make me gag.

Fat-free dairy. Especially sour cream. Life is too damn short to waste eating substandard cheese.

My boyfriend and I use a meal-planning website and for the most part the recipes have been great...but there was one...the carrot-ginger soup. I'm not crazy about carrots to begin with but we promised we would at least try everything. One pound of carrots and an hour later and I'm eating a cheeseburger. Carrot-ginger soup can go back to the hell whence it came.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Arctic Zero Double Chocolate!

I bought some chocolate peanut butter. I paid freaking four dollars for that crap, so I was dead set on eating it. I threw some hot fudge on it, topped it with walnuts. sprinkles and a dollup of whipped cream and it became semi-palatable. Kind of defeated the purpose of whole low-calorie thing, but at least I didn't throw it away. lol

Oh my gosh yes. Bought this after I had heard people on here rave about it. Had a few bites, and threw it away. Chalky, icey, grossness. Yuck.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Roasted Kale - someone at work had it and the taste was awful. Leaves a bad after taste in your mouth as well.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Also to be fair, you're not really supposed to eat the fondant.

Don't completely drown a cake with it then? :| This was not accent, it was used as frosting covering the whole cake, so one would figure it would be edible. Anyway, no way I would ever buy a cake like that after that experience. Waste of money if you can't eat it no matter how good it looks (and it didn't even look that good, which was the real sad part).
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Celery ,even dipping it in light Mayo didn't make it nicer
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Also to be fair, you're not really supposed to eat the fondant.
    If I'm going to spend that much money on a cake, I want it all to be edible and not a total waste of calories.

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Celery ,even dipping it in light Mayo didn't make it nicer

The texture of raw celery freaks me out. I don't want to eat hair. I can handle it cooked, like in soup or whatnot.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Kale is garbage raw. You have to cook it. Or buy baby Kale for eating raw, it doesn't taste that strong.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Anything low fat that normally relies on fat. Most noticeably cheese.

Low fat yogurt and milk are OK, but really I'm usually having that mixed with fruit or coffee. It's the cheese that's awful, it just tastes artificial.

These weren't eaten on my current weight loss journey, they were eaten when my mom was into "low fat" in the 90's when I was a kid, and if I accidentally grab the wrong "lite" cream cheese package in a rush at trader Joe's. Whoops. I always check now.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I tried to make a protein crepe with egg whites, protein powder and almond milk. Topped with greek yogurt and berries. It was so dry I chewed for a few seconds and spat it out (and I will eat almost anything). I wouldn't even give any to the dog. I just scooped off the berries and greek yogurt and ate that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    I tried to make a protein crepe with egg whites, protein powder and almond milk. Topped with greek yogurt and berries. It was so dry I chewed for a few seconds and spat it out (and I will eat almost anything). I wouldn't even give any to the dog. I just scooped off the berries and greek yogurt and ate that.

I tried that too. It disintegrated when I tried to flip it in the pan.
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by all the sweet potato hate, but then again, I'm from the South. Can't stand the sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, but with pecans and brown sugar...yum!

The most disgusting things I've tried are kale, some mug cake recipes, protein powders, and vitacoco drinks. No matter how I cook it, I just can't see the appeal of kale over things like spinach or collards. The mug cake recipes tend to get burnt in my microwave, and most protein powders have a weird taste/texture to them that I can't get past. The coconut water drinks taste like oddly sweet sweat. I tried some at a music festival because it was HOT and I needed water and sugar without alcohol. If not for the fact that I was dying for liquid, I would have dumped the entire bottle.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The cinnamon, honey concoction drink.. Like a glob of snot!

Apple cider vinegar shots.

Low carb muffin in a minute was by far the most disgusting tasting thing I've ever made.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Raw kale. Ew. Very scratchy.
    I've tried a mug brownie before, and I liked it, though. Maybe I got lucky
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »

I have been practicing everyday. Edible, but one day I will get it right
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Also ANY Greek yogurt. It tastes exactly like sour cream. Any seafood. Chicken salad (can't stand the taste of mayonnaise unless it's a very thin layer on a BLT).
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Also ANY Greek yogurt. It tastes exactly like sour cream. Any seafood. Chicken salad (can't stand the taste of mayonnaise unless it's a very thin layer on a BLT).

See, I disagree about Greek yogurt. Generally it's way more sour than sour cream and despite everyone saying it made a good substitute for sour cream... Nope.