Gamers, geeks, pop culture lovers looking to add friends? Here ya go

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You guys should join this group. Getting too quiet in there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey-o, nerd and gamer from Paris looking for friends and motivation !
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yes!! I was there from the beginning when it was really hopping :smiley: We need more talkative current members to share their geekery.
  • king_laceyii
    king_laceyii Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a big DC fan and can't wait for Injustice 2!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    I'm a big DC fan and can't wait for Injustice 2!
    i want that game. HOWEVER...I will be waiting for the COMPLETE edition...and a price drop on that for making me wait. this one doesn't do "pay full price for part of a game and buy the rest as DLC"!
    i got Arkham Knight "complete" on sale. base game $13.00 on Amazon...Season pass on sail for $13.00 on a PSN sale!

• VonicaFlear
    VonicaFlear Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Oh cool, I was struggling to find any groups I really like
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Love Stephen King (currently reading Dark Tower series again, always blows my mind), Terry Pratchett (cried at last book) and Wheel of Time. Also Robin Hobb, cannot wait for the Fitz and the Fool to be complete.
    Love Dr Who, Xena, Battlestar Galactica, Anime (currently on Re:Zero and Kill la Kill and waiting with baited breath for Attack on Titan next series!)

Labyrinth, Willow, Princess Bride, Legend and Dark Crystal my most long running fave films, not in that order depending on the mood :smiley:

Oh, and Joss Whedon is god!

Geek and proud! B) Claim to geek fame for me is that I can pretty much name any Buffy episode from a quote/screen shot. I say pretty much as I haven't watched them through in a few years and may have had to learn more adult stuff regarding mortgages which may have replaced some of the more obscure knowledge. :neutral:
    But twas always fun at parties to be challenged! geekery parties are the best!
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Love Stephen King (currently reading Dark Tower series again, always blows my mind), Terry Pratchett (cried at last book) and Wheel of Time. Also Robin Hobb, cannot wait for the Fitz and the Fool to be complete.
    Love Dr Who, Xena, Battlestar Galactica, Anime (currently on Re:Zero and Kill la Kill and waiting with baited breath for Attack on Titan next series!)

Labyrinth, Willow, Princess Bride, Legend and Dark Crystal my most long running fave films, not in that order depending on the mood :smiley:

Oh, and Joss Whedon is god!

Geek and proud! B) Claim to geek fame for me is that I can pretty much name any Buffy episode from a quote/screen shot. I say pretty much as I haven't watched them through in a few years and may have had to learn more adult stuff regarding mortgages which may have replaced some of the more obscure knowledge. :neutral:
    But twas always fun at parties to be challenged! geekery parties are the best!

Princess bride is like the best movie ever made! Hahah
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I'm an all around geeky sort. I have interests in comics (both traditional western and overseas imports, inlcuding manga), anime (used to be president of the club we had dedicated to the subject when I was in college), video games (I've been playing on some sort of game system since the Atari was relevant), television (sci-fi/fantasy/documentary are my favorite genres) and books (again, sci-fi/high fantasy/non-fiction are my favorites).

I've been a con-goer since around 2006, but have also served on some panels and have been staff at a few.

My "nerd" moments are more related to obscure and interesting trivia related to insects, history, music and crafts.

Nice to see other users on MFP who are of a more geeky persuasion. Was beginning to suspect I was mostly alone!
  • strifechick
    Options
    I'm an all around geeky sort. I have interests in comics (both traditional western and overseas imports, inlcuding manga), anime (used to be president of the club we had dedicated to the subject when I was in college), video games (I've been playing on some sort of game system since the Atari was relevant), television (sci-fi/fantasy/documentary are my favorite genres) and books (again, sci-fi/high fantasy/non-fiction are my favorites).

I've been a con-goer since around 2006, but have also served on some panels and have been staff at a few.

My "nerd" moments are more related to obscure and interesting trivia related to insects, history, music and crafts.

Nice to see other users on MFP who are of a more geeky persuasion. Was beginning to suspect I was mostly alone!

Honestly I sorta thought I was alone too! I didn't know there were so many other geeks, nerds, etc here
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    ehqxn3krtzn4.jpeg

Does owning a steel helmet like this count as nerdy/geeky?

Fun fact: it hurts if you try to head bang in it. I need to add padding to the inside so it fits more snuggly

Posted this in the wrong thread, wonder how it will go over there?
  • strifechick
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    ehqxn3krtzn4.jpeg

Fun fact: it hurts if you try to head bang in it. I need to add padding to the inside so it fits more snuggly

I think owing it makes you awesome
  • Merkavar
    Options
    ehqxn3krtzn4.jpeg

Awe thanks

I was considering buying a full suit of armour but that is way too expensive. Considered starting a Kickstarter/gofundme to raise the cash after hearing some of the silly things people get funded.

Heard of one guy who wanted some bats to salad for like $20, raised thousands and had a potato salad festival.
  • strifechick
    Options
    ehqxn3krtzn4.jpeg

Awe thanks

I was considering buying a full suit of armour but that is way too expensive. Considered starting a Kickstarter/gofundme to raise the cash after hearing some of the silly things people get funded.

Heard of one guy who wanted some bats to salad for like $20, raised thousands and had a potato salad festival.

It would be crazy and awesome to own a full set! Would you actually wear it out just display it?
  • Merkavar
    Options
    ehqxn3krtzn4.jpeg

Awe thanks

It would be crazy and awesome to own a full set! Would you actually wear it out just display it?

Wear it around the house but mostly for display
  • strifechick
    Options
    ehqxn3krtzn4.jpeg

Awe thanks

Seems logical
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    ehqxn3krtzn4.jpeg

Awe thanks

Hell yes!
    would be so awesome!
    my goal is to get the Witch King gauntlets and wear round the house hehe
    I can currently be found leaping round the living room with Lucius Malfoy's wand cane that I got for my 30th (mature? naah)

• strifechick
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    ehqxn3krtzn4.jpeg

Awe thanks

Hell yes!
    would be so awesome!
    my goal is to get the Witch King gauntlets and wear round the house hehe
    I can currently be found leaping round the living room with Lucius Malfoy's wand cane that I got for my 30th (mature? naah)

Why stop at gauntlets? Go all the way out! If I ran into some guy dressed as the witch king just walking around day to day it would literally be the coolest thing I have seen. I would tell everyone I know about it and never shut up! Hahah

You guys have all the cool stuff! I don't really have any neat collectables, especially ones you can wear!

Best I ever did was dress up as Rikku from FFX for a convention one year but the costume is kind of lame because I didn't know about the con till a night or two before and then several hours before I found out I could get in free if I dressed up hahah (so he why not Rikku?)
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    any cosplay is cool! specially last min ones! I lack that kind of skill.

I did go to a mates comic book party as Spawn (complete with glowy green eyes) but that took around 4 weeks to make!
    http://solariaradia.deviantart.com/art/Spawn-costume-finished-93813638

excuse shaky cam, my father is inept
    but was fun to make, and I won a lil trophy haha
  • beerfoamy
    Options
    whole Witch King outfit would be so cool!
    hmmmmm....I could do with a project!