Ask a Personal Trainer/Gym Owner

Options

Replies

• DreesPerformanceTraining
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    do you allow chalk in your gym?

Yes, but we aren't Crossfit, so the chalk stays in the bucket.

Do your members eat the chalk ?

I have my concerns with a few.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    do you allow chalk in your gym?

Yes, but we aren't Crossfit, so the chalk stays in the bucket.

Do your members eat the chalk ?

I have my concerns with a few.

I thought so. I saw a dude lick the chalk last week. Usually I don't care what other people do at the gym but I couldn't help but to wonder why he licked the chalk . then I remembered kindergarten........ I ate the glue because it smelled nice .. So that's probably why he licked it!

Have you ever considered posting a sign saying please do not lick or eat the chalk ?
    ;)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I just want to point out that this is teetering very closely on the line of "self promotion", IMO.

I am also a certified personal trainer, fitness business owner where i run bootcamps/online training/1 on 1 personal training, but i was under the impression starting threads like this was strictly forbidden under the TOS. :angry:

does it depend whether op starts selling his wares in the post and advertising his site?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I just want to point out that this is teetering very closely on the line of "self promotion", IMO.

I am also a certified personal trainer, fitness business owner where i run bootcamps/online training/1 on 1 personal training, but i was under the impression starting threads like this was strictly forbidden under the TOS. :angry:

does it depend whether op starts selling his wares in the post and advertising his site?

I'm not sure. I've been on MFP for 5 years, and any post that i've seen where someone starts it off putting themselves in a position of "power/knowledge/etc." as a "resource" for members has been shut down. *shrug*
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    But seriously, if you want to earn unlimited income, while working part-time from home, join my team. :D

Can you break my initiation fee into easy $29.95 monthly payments?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

I'm not sure. I've been on MFP for 5 years, and any post that i've seen where someone starts it off putting themselves in a position of "power/knowledge/etc." as a "resource" for members has been shut down. *shrug*

You do realize that our immediate response to this thread was to raz him and rattle him into saying stupid things so we could pile on, right? Just like we always do. That usually gets it shut down or the person stops trying to sell stuff on here (at least stops being so flagrant).

But credit where credit is due. He's acquitted himself quite well and been knowledgeable while demonstrating a sense of humor. I can only speak for myself but I don't care if someone has something to sell as long as:

1. They aren't flagrantly pushing it
    2. What they are pushing isn't *kitten*
    3. They aren't giving out terrible information.

There you go. The OP has been giving reasonable, respectful responses.
  • carrie197618
    carrie197618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What is the best weight training programme for fat loss??? In your opinion???
    DreesPerformanceTraining Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    (oops, forgot to hit Quote)
    Options

Any program that works your whole body (squats, deadlifts, etc.) and sticks primarily in the 1-12 rep range. The focus of your weight training program should be gain strength/muscle, not burn fat/calories.

I recommend doing weights 2-3x/week and some sort of cardio 2-3x/week.

I like doing the following:

M/W/F - full body weights
    T/Th - cardio
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    But seriously, if you want to earn unlimited income, while working part-time from home, join my team. :D

Can you break my initiation fee into easy $29.95 monthly payments?

If you sign up 5 people under you, I'll waive your monthly fee.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Any program that works your whole body (squats, deadlifts, etc.) and sticks primarily in the 1-12 rep range. The focus of your weight training program should be gain strength/muscle, not burn fat/calories.

I recommend doing weights 2-3x/week and some sort of cardio 2-3x/week.

I like doing the following:

M/W/F - full body weights
    T/Th - cardio

CARDIO????

i think we got em!!

*sounds alarm*
  • kandi416c
    kandi416c Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, good day. I'm kandi and i'm 5'2 and 121 lbs. I workout 5 days per week with the Hiit Program Stronger but i still can't get a flat stomach and i still have that muffin top.
    So that worries me. Can you tell what do i need to do, to get rid of my muffin top?
    Thanks!
    Options
    kandi416c wrote: »
    Hi, good day. I'm kandi and i'm 5'2 and 121 lbs. I workout 5 days per week with the Hiit Program Stronger but i still can't get a flat stomach and i still have that muffin top.
    So that worries me. Can you tell what do i need to do, to get rid of my muffin top?
    Thanks!

I would encourage you to do more strength training and less HIIT.
  • kandi416c
    kandi416c Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    heyaberg wrote: »
    Ohh I've got one I've been struggling with. I'm almost 30, 5'2 and 132 lbs with 26% body fat.. How do I know when I'm fit and when to start to eat to maintain weight?

i'm pretty sure that if you are 5'2 and a woman. the best body fat percentage that you can have is 21/22% Also with 5'2 your maximum weight needs to be 130lbs, so you know that you are fit, when you are under this parameters.
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    MezArcher wrote: »
    hi, I have been losing weight on loads of walking (several walks a day) and I have been contemplating doing strength training but I will have to give up one of my walks and I am worried it will slow my weight loss up if I do this. do you have any thoughts on this?

Hey Mez! I have a ton of weight to lose (100 lbs+) and I have started doing weight training with my cardio. I do 30 minutes of cardio with weight training for usually 45-60 minutes a day, and it has accelerated my weight loss. It took a little bit to get my body in tune with it, like a few weeks, but after that, the weight started coming off. Muscle burns more calories per pound than fat does, so the more good muscle you have, the more calories your body will lose. I know I am stronger and can see more definition already, and gaining muscle has not made me gain weight. So go for it!