Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Ladies, MUST HAVES in your make up bag?

Options

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Lip balm and tampons.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I might sound silly, but for the most part I like my natural face. I only ever wear eye liner, mascara, and lip gloss so those are the things I carry along with a nail care kit and lash curler. :smile:
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I might sound silly, but for the most part I like my natural face. I only ever wear eye liner, mascara, and lip gloss so those are the things I carry along with a nail care kit and lash curler. :smile:

That's not silly at all! I prefer the natural look too. :smile:
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have tons of different kinds of makeup in my bag, but my daily look consists of liquid foundation, eyebrow pencil, mascara, and tinted chapstick.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Mascara, compact powder, eyeliner - liquid, pencil and gel, concealer and foundation.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    BB cream
    bronzer powder
    colour palette for hazel eyes
    water proof mascara black
    water proof black eyeliner
    and a light shade of nude or pink lip gloss
  • I_see_skinny_Me
    Options
    Tart smooth operator mineral powder for under eyes. Helps keep theconcealer wrinkles at bay
  • ElikaCousland
    ElikaCousland Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I wake up late every single day, so I'm almost always putting my makeup on in the car and can't do anything too involved. So my everyday makeup is :

Aveeno Positively Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30
    Eyeliner - Loreal Infallible in Carbon Black is my go-to because it's a roll-up and that's super convenient, but I love Urban Decay 24/7 too. Such fun colors!
    Mascara - I've never found one I adore above all others. Right now I'm using Nyx Doll-Eye Lengthening and it's okay. One day I'll find the perfect one for me!
    Pressed powder - Loreal True Match or Physicians Formula - just something light to kill shine and set my face
    Lip gloss - Nyx Mega Shine or Lancome Juicy Tubes
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Almay concealer stick.
    Physician's Formula powder foundation, translucent matte finishing powder and coral-tone blush
    Naked natural pallet eye shadow
    Good moisturizer.

S'about it.
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh.. I've actually cut down on everything but a few things; I went from an entire drawer full to just a small bag .
    I always have my liquid foundation- Makeup Forever HD (if I can afford it), Falsies mascara, and my absolute MUST- ITCOSMETICS Bye Bye Undereye Concealer. I have the absolute worst under eye circles and with this stuff you'd never know!
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    Concealer,Black Eyeliner and Mascara is a must
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    I look dead without my Benefit Benetint. Been using it for years. I would need it on a desert island.
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    True Science anti-aging cream
    Target's Up&Up refining serum
    Almay smart shade anti-aging make-up
    Neutrogena rice powder in translucent
    Touche eclat
    Maybelline cover stick
    Clinique all about eyes concealer
    Elf translucent Hi-def under eye powder

Almay intense i-color in brown topaz
    Maybelline Lash Stiletto
    Maybelline Great Lash
    Heated eyelash curler (<--MUST HAVE, no ifs ands or buts about it)

Flirt! blush in dragonfly
    Ardell brow powder in Taupe
    Lancome blonde brow pencil
    Covergirl Outlast lip stain in #427

Lots of random cheap earth-tone eyeshadows
    Some assorted bronzers and a brown eyeliner for my beauty marks...

And now the realization that I am a giant make-up *kitten* haha

I am not naturally pretty, for some of us it takes work!!! :laugh:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    This is such a fun thread to me. :smile:

Here is what I currently use the most:

Primer:
    bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer

Base/foundation:
    Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers with SPF

Eyeshadows:
    Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream, #2 Steel (silver gray shimmer)
    or
    Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream, #18 Purple (light lilac shimmer)
    or
    Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal, #55 Inked in Pink (light pink shimmer)
    *I normally wear only one shadow at a time, lightly applied to the lower lid. I often skip eyeshadow altogether.

Stila, kitten (light champagne shimmer)
    *I use a little of this in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them.

Mascara:
    Lancôme is my all-time favorite.

Blush:
    Sonia Kashuk Blush, Flamingo 97 (pinky pink, seems bright in packaging but not so bright when applied)
    or
    e.l.f. Blush, Tickled Pink (peachy pink)

Lips:
    Clarins, Joli Rouge Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick, #15 Pink Magnolia
    *This is the lipstick that works for me no matter what. I wear it almost exclusively even though I have several other colors. If Clarins ever stops making this I will be very sad--in terms of first-world problems, that is. :)
    or
    LipFusion InFatuation, First Crush

Finishing Powder:
    bareMinerals Mineral Veil
    or
    Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder

Since trying new make-up can quickly become expensive, I always ask about the store's return policy re: make-up specifically. I feel better trying something new if I know that I can return it in case it's a disaster for some reason (i.e., changes color after applied, causes break-outs, looks garish, etc.).

Have fun! :)

If you mean Lancome Definicils...that should be in the hall of fame! Clinique just came out with something new and wonderful in that vein of long separated and gorgeous called "amazing" or some such name. It's their newest I beleive. when i tried it a passer by wowed and remarked he thought I was wearing fake lashes. it's that dramatic. the best way to wear these uber long separatey mascaras is with a light colored shadow behind it to create a contrast and show off the sweet and separated innocent lash to it's best effect. Just a tip. :wink:

Oh, excellent - thank you. :):flowerforyou:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I don't wear much. Brown eyeliner and black mascara are a must. I love lip gloss too. Besides those things and makeup remover, that's it!
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My must have is eyeliner. Everything else is only special occasion for me.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this will get read but this is one of my favorite topics... I'm pretty hardcore I have to admit. I wear make up EVERYDAY, even to work on night shift. I just have to have it on as I hate the condition of my skin with all the zits and blemishes. Make up really does something to the face and confidence. Plus its fun to put on.

Everyday without rain or shine it takes me 30 minutes to do

I layer up with primers as a base:
    NARS eye primer (new! They were out of stock of the good old Urban Decay stuff. I'm excited to try it.)
    Bare Escentuals face primer

Then eyes...
    Bare Escentuals eyebrow shadow, brown
    Bare Escentuals lengthening mascara
    Bare Escentuals loose eyeshadow powder... whatever color fits my mood

Foundations... (designed for dry skin)
    MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation (liquid)
    MAC Mosturecover Concealer (liquid)
    MAC Bronzer
    MAC Blush

I finish off with MAC Studio Moisture Fix SPF 15 in substitute for finishing powder as I hate the cakey look.

I also have my Sultra Straightener that I use to flat iron my hair then I'm ready to rock and roll. It all stays on and looks great everyday. Replacements are every 5-6 months so its expensive up front but economical as long as you aren't buying new junk everyday of course.

I tend to do the same look everyday with different eyeshadow colors. I highly recommend building a good routine!
  • MegsLeaBrown
    MegsLeaBrown Posts: 18 Member
    Options

^this is a good tip but I wish I could remember the name of the girl I like. She's asian. That's all I can remember.

As for foundation....it's our bread and butter and we carry like several lines so it's important to consider your skin type and needs when choosing one. When I go to the mall it takes a good long time to find a color to match me. Last time we went thru 4 lines to finally find me a good shade at Chanel. This time when I placed that order I told you about I made sure to get 2 bottles of my fave so as never to run out again.

Another thing that can make it seem like you described above is the state your skin is in when you apply. Namely--exfoliate. Exfolation is important but not something to take lightly and frequency depends on your skin type. Dry skin girls less frequent, normal more, and oily ladies can work up to trying more frequency. This after cleansing and then proper toner and moisturizing gives the applied foundation a way to get on your skin in a more natural looking way. Try it next time you are around some exfoliator. Try exfoliating and moisturizing one hand and the other not. Then apply the foundation to both hands and see if there's a difference. Also you may be using a product that is too matte for your skin type.

Is it Michelle Phan?

I Also use the Youtube videos for help with new makeup ideas as well, but the girl who's tutorials I follow is different. She goes by XSparkage (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZufuEDQi-bHovN37Ra2EA) and she does a lot of really fun stuff!
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    Eyelash glue & a bright red/pink lipstick. :) xoxo
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Bobby Brown Shimmer Brick
    Nars Mykonos eyeshadow
    Falsies Mascara
    Joey Healey eyebrow powder
    Bare Minerals matte powder foundation
    Urban decay eyeliner - I use black and dark purple most