Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Ladies, MUST HAVES in your make up bag?

Options

Replies

• LeakieChan
    LeakieChan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eyeliner, Mascara, Powder Foundation.
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have a crap ton of makeup. LOL Not gonna lie. My current go-to's for a quick and easy look are:

MAC Studio Fix powder compact
    Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden (or Too Faced Shadow Insurance... I switch between these... love them both!)
    Too Faced LashGasm mascara
    Urban Decay Naked (#1) Palette
    Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Heavenly Pink
    Avon Glimmersticks Chromes in Mocha Flash
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My MUST haves are foundation to even out my skin tone and mascara as I have very pale, very short eye lashes and I like to look like I do actually have some! I do have other things (eye liner, eye shadow, blush, face powder and lipstick) but those are two things that I can't go without!
  • tomich54
    tomich54 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    :heart: I'm an Urban Decay junkie - 24/7 liquid liner in peversion, and big fatty mascara are my must haves! I also LOVE their eyeshadow and eyeshadow primer!
  • hsiders
    hsiders Posts: 24
    Options
    eyeliner and lip gloss.............sweet and simple :)
  • Rissyroo513
    Rissyroo513 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Beautycounter! Color cosmetics are coming out this fall but I can't live without my lotion, face oils or rosewater spray!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Physician's formula face powder, because it has SPF15 and any lotion or foundation makes me feel smothered and also makes me break out. Essence's Kajal eyeliner is a dollar at Ulta and the smoothest I've ever used. Also, Cover Girl eyeshadow for a couple of bucks. And I love Ulta's lip pencil. It comes in a bunch of colors and you can get it on sale for pretty cheap (plus they last FOREVER). My entire makeup routine is less than two minutes.
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Smith's Rosebud Salve! My must have for lips, it's also good for cuticles.
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    I'm boring - Great Lash mascara and Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm. That's about it.
  • fairyt4l3s
    fairyt4l3s Posts: 31
    Options
    My "everyday" makeup bag keeps growing! I have:

- primer
    - matte foundation (I also have a satin foundation, which I rarely use)
    - concealer (I would recommend liquid!)
    - Benefit Lemonaid CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT
    - under eye concealer
    - powder
    - eyebrow kit (includes colour and gel)
    - eyeshadow (I've got a large palette of neutral colours for doing natural smokey eyes, and highlighting, contouring and blusher!)
    - eyelash curlers
    - Max Factor mascara
    - Rimmel mascara
    - various lip balms
    - Benefit Benetint for a wash of pink on lips and cheeks
    - I also have around 5 lipsticks in there ranging from nudes to bright reds depending on the day

I literally couldn't live without this! :laugh:
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Bare essentials mineral foundation, eyeliner, lip balm and lip gloss. For an evening out, i throw in a mascara.
  • leggoego
    leggoego Posts: 37
    Options
    "A good nights sleep is the most important thing in your make up bag" -Tyra Banks ;)
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    "A good nights sleep is the most important thing in your make up bag" -Tyra Banks ;)

Love it!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Concealer, black mascara and lip gloss. The rest I can do without for the most part.
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Never go out withou my eyebrows on. makes such a difference!!
    MY MUSTS ARE
    Mac eyebrow pencil
    Mac studio fix fluid foundation/ estee lauder double wear foundation
    Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer (AMAZING AND SO CHEAP :love: )
    Eyeshadow always wear loreals color appeal in 165 all over lid and 168 outer and the rimmel london scandal eyes pencil in silver in tear drop with liquid liner and false lashes!
    Sleeks face form :P
    Bourjois blush in rose frisson
    Oh and a white eyeliner and mascara!
    Their my musts ;)
  • LALALA28115
    Options
    I wear Everyday Minerals, it is Leaping Bunny certified mineral makeup, for everything but mascara and lip color. I have started wearing Motives lip color and this fruit based mascara. Also, certified cruelty free.
    That is all I need! I only carry the lip color with me. Everything else I can put on in the morning and it lasts all day long!
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I recently whittled mine down to just -

Eyebrow pencil
    2 Lipsticks (One red, one more natural looking)
    Mascara
    Gel Liner
    Foundation
    Travel Size Moisturiser

But if I had to only choose one, it would be the brow pencil :) Everyone looks better with groomed brows!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Foundation
    This changes - I've tried nearly every brand going. I used to end up back with Max Factor, but now I'm with No.7.

Bronzer
    Usually use this to help with shine and as 'blush'.

Mascara
    Eyebrow pencil
    Brown eye shadow + brush
    Foundation brush - my hands are very sensitive, so this is a must!

Usually I wear foundation and mascara and colour in my eyebrows as mine are very sparse. I occasionally make an effort. :tongue:
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options

^this is a good tip but I wish I could remember the name of the girl I like. She's asian. That's all I can remember.

As for foundation....it's our bread and butter and we carry like several lines so it's important to consider your skin type and needs when choosing one. When I go to the mall it takes a good long time to find a color to match me. Last time we went thru 4 lines to finally find me a good shade at Chanel. This time when I placed that order I told you about I made sure to get 2 bottles of my fave so as never to run out again.

Another thing that can make it seem like you described above is the state your skin is in when you apply. Namely--exfoliate. Exfolation is important but not something to take lightly and frequency depends on your skin type. Dry skin girls less frequent, normal more, and oily ladies can work up to trying more frequency. This after cleansing and then proper toner and moisturizing gives the applied foundation a way to get on your skin in a more natural looking way. Try it next time you are around some exfoliator. Try exfoliating and moisturizing one hand and the other not. Then apply the foundation to both hands and see if there's a difference. Also you may be using a product that is too matte for your skin type.

Is it Michelle Phan?