Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Ladies, MUST HAVES in your make up bag?

Options

Replies

• marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    mac-12 color magic eyeshadow
    cover girl-bronzer and blush (cheekers)
    lip gloss
    eyeliner
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Definitely liquid eyeliner, pencil, maximum volume mascaras, blush, pressed powder for a quick face fix up.
  • SophieB99
    SophieB99 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My go-to everyday includes:

Urban Decay primer potion
    Urban Decay Naked palette (Looove this! And all their eye shadows really)
    Tarte mascara or Lancome hypnose star mascara
    Sephora waterproof eyeliner (the twist up kind for waterline, also like stila)
    Tarte amazonian clay blush
    Smashbox CC cream (usually only wear for SPF or if I have blemishes)
    Various brushes
    Makeup for ever HD finishing powder or BM mineral veil

I don't usually wear lip stuff except chapstick (burst bees) but I do have a NARS color pencil that I LOVE for when I'm trying to look fancy. :)
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could do makeup better than I can! I have a good supply now, but still no idea how to use it properly. I barely ever use foundation because I feel I get that "heavily made up" look/feel.... like it's too formal for day wear if that makes sense.

Anyway, I have concealer, perfect match soufflé foundation, translucent powder for base. I'm actually in the market for new foundation and a tinted moisturiser.

Always and only black eyeliner pencil. No other colour liner has ever touched these eyes. Sometimes I just do the inside of my upper lid. Sometimes I go for the more noticeable 'all the way around' liner with slightly winged edges. I have an awesome mascara that comes in a yellow tube. it's Avon brand, but I cant remember the name of it!

Various coloured eyeshadows. Some cream, some powder. I like the cream, as I find they give a more vibrant look. My favourite for going out at the moment is Colour Tattoo in green. It's AMAZING! I have a general palette of browns, golds, greens, and some pink and purple. I have very vibrant deep blue eyes, so I stay away from blues, but I have red hair, so greens look super good.

I have some soft pink lipsticks that pretty much match my lip colour, but add sparkle. Clear high shine gloss. A dark wine colour and a hot pink. Lots of lip balm.

I don't have blush, eyebrow pencil, bronzer, lip liner or anything like that, though. And the only things I actually keep on me are eyeliner and lip balm/gloss.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    bronzer and mascara. can go without everything else.
  • JwannaB140
    Options
    I have only 3 things that I use in my daily beautification routine.

Loreal Revitalift moisturizer (around my eyes and on my forehead)

Dark Brown Khol Eyebrow pencil

Maybeline Mascara

That's it.
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    5 min every mornig:
    Dior tinted moisturiser,
    Este Lauder mascara
    Este Lauder lip pencil in fig
    Lancome lipstick in Nu
    and just got Dior creme blusher which is fantastic. a new must have. stays put whole day.
  • Pippa_ttc
    Pippa_ttc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use (with this order):
    moisturiser with 15 spf
    primer
    max factor creme puff - the best thing that has ever happened to me
    tiny bit of eye shadow - light colours
    peachy - or pink blusher
    brown mascara
    lipstick - I only use MAC cut a caper (fave) or MAC going dutch

and I only carry the creme puff and my lipstick with me x
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - Burt's Bees tinted Chapstick, ummm sharp serrated knife, e-tool, ummmm ear phones, aspirin, and half a memory stick. I only use mascara and an eyebrow pencil and spf moisturizer in the morning and don't bring anything with me. I've got much other crap to carry and I walk to work. :indifferent:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could do makeup better than I can! I have a good supply now, but still no idea how to use it properly. I barely ever use foundation because I feel I get that "heavily made up" look/feel.... like it's too formal for day wear if that makes sense.

Anyway, I have concealer, perfect match soufflé foundation, translucent powder for base. I'm actually in the market for new foundation and a tinted moisturiser.

Always and only black eyeliner pencil. No other colour liner has ever touched these eyes. Sometimes I just do the inside of my upper lid. Sometimes I go for the more noticeable 'all the way around' liner with slightly winged edges. I have an awesome mascara that comes in a yellow tube. it's Avon brand, but I cant remember the name of it!

Various coloured eyeshadows. Some cream, some powder. I like the cream, as I find they give a more vibrant look. My favourite for going out at the moment is Colour Tattoo in green. It's AMAZING! I have a general palette of browns, golds, greens, and some pink and purple. I have very vibrant deep blue eyes, so I stay away from blues, but I have red hair, so greens look super good.

I have some soft pink lipsticks that pretty much match my lip colour, but add sparkle. Clear high shine gloss. A dark wine colour and a hot pink. Lots of lip balm.

I don't have blush, eyebrow pencil, bronzer, lip liner or anything like that, though. And the only things I actually keep on me are eyeliner and lip balm/gloss.

You could look up beginners tutorials on YouTube. There are people that are professional makeup artists that post them just because, they are fantastic! I had no clue how to do makeup before, and then I started watching these tutorials. You learn all kinds of tips, tricks, and how-tos watching them and now I get tons of compliments on my makeup applying capabilities lol. You don't necessarily have to follow the tutorials, I just watch them to get color combo ideas and inspiration to do my makeup next time :) Look up Sharon Farrel, she's great and her accent is entertaining :)
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My bag is pretty simple. I have mascara eyeliner and a few eye shadows. I never use foundation...can't stand the way it feels. I do have a ton of lipstick but I don't use them very often. Maybe once or twice a year.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I use the most Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat

YSL Touche Eclat is a MUUST have for me as well. I love the color/s and consistency!

I third this motion. Beautiful product with beautiful feel.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    This is such a fun thread to me. :smile:

Here is what I currently use the most:

Primer:
    bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer

Base/foundation:
    Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers with SPF

Eyeshadows:
    Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream, #2 Steel (silver gray shimmer)
    or
    Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream, #18 Purple (light lilac shimmer)
    or
    Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal, #55 Inked in Pink (light pink shimmer)
    *I normally wear only one shadow at a time, lightly applied to the lower lid. I often skip eyeshadow altogether.

Stila, kitten (light champagne shimmer)
    *I use a little of this in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them.

Mascara:
    Lancôme is my all-time favorite.

Blush:
    Sonia Kashuk Blush, Flamingo 97 (pinky pink, seems bright in packaging but not so bright when applied)
    or
    e.l.f. Blush, Tickled Pink (peachy pink)

Lips:
    Clarins, Joli Rouge Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick, #15 Pink Magnolia
    *This is the lipstick that works for me no matter what. I wear it almost exclusively even though I have several other colors. If Clarins ever stops making this I will be very sad--in terms of first-world problems, that is. :)
    or
    LipFusion InFatuation, First Crush

Finishing Powder:
    bareMinerals Mineral Veil
    or
    Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder

Since trying new make-up can quickly become expensive, I always ask about the store's return policy re: make-up specifically. I feel better trying something new if I know that I can return it in case it's a disaster for some reason (i.e., changes color after applied, causes break-outs, looks garish, etc.).

Have fun! :)

If you mean Lancome Definicils...that should be in the hall of fame! Clinique just came out with something new and wonderful in that vein of long separated and gorgeous called "amazing" or some such name. It's their newest I beleive. when i tried it a passer by wowed and remarked he thought I was wearing fake lashes. it's that dramatic. the best way to wear these uber long separatey mascaras is with a light colored shadow behind it to create a contrast and show off the sweet and separated innocent lash to it's best effect. Just a tip. :wink:
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have way too much make up but here is what i like to carry around with me:

Mally Poreless Face Defender (it works wonders with this heat)
    A concealer
    A cream blush
    maybe a lip product but i hardly ever do my lips
    brow pencil because for some reason my eyebrow has a bald spot. crazy.

For daily wear:

I made my own TM with a revlon foundation, moisturizer and Josie Maran highlighter
    I use a brown pencil for my brows
    Random cream blush. Usually macs Lillicent or Posey
    Tarte park avenue princess bronzer
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

You could look up beginners tutorials on YouTube. There are people that are professional makeup artists that post them just because, they are fantastic! I had no clue how to do makeup before, and then I started watching these tutorials. You learn all kinds of tips, tricks, and how-tos watching them and now I get tons of compliments on my makeup applying capabilities lol. You don't necessarily have to follow the tutorials, I just watch them to get color combo ideas and inspiration to do my makeup next time :) Look up Sharon Farrel, she's great and her accent is entertaining :)

^this is a good tip but I wish I could remember the name of the girl I like. She's asian. That's all I can remember.

As for foundation....it's our bread and butter and we carry like several lines so it's important to consider your skin type and needs when choosing one. When I go to the mall it takes a good long time to find a color to match me. Last time we went thru 4 lines to finally find me a good shade at Chanel. This time when I placed that order I told you about I made sure to get 2 bottles of my fave so as never to run out again.

Another thing that can make it seem like you described above is the state your skin is in when you apply. Namely--exfoliate. Exfolation is important but not something to take lightly and frequency depends on your skin type. Dry skin girls less frequent, normal more, and oily ladies can work up to trying more frequency. This after cleansing and then proper toner and moisturizing gives the applied foundation a way to get on your skin in a more natural looking way. Try it next time you are around some exfoliator. Try exfoliating and moisturizing one hand and the other not. Then apply the foundation to both hands and see if there's a difference. Also you may be using a product that is too matte for your skin type.
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    I don't wear foundation anymore because I could never find one to match my skin and I would have to plaster myself in fake tan lol so I always carry a concealer with me, false lash glue & my favourite lipbalm and lipgloss :) x
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Jane Iredale BB Cream (on occasion)
    Jane Iredale Blush
    Jane Iredale Concealer
    Dr Hauschka Mascara
    Burts Bee's 100% Natural Lip Gloss

That's it! No eyeliner or eyeshadow. BTW - these products are all natural.
  • edianacristina
    Options
    I LOVE Physician's fornula pH Matchmaker foundation! I also recently added Neutrogena's Moisture Smooth color stick (soooo nice!), Rimmel lash accelerator, and Rimmel scandaleyes in Guilty grey :-) LOVE MAKEUP! That's all I carry.
  • edianacristina
    Options
    I don't wear foundation anymore because I could never find one to match my skin and I would have to plaster myself in fake tan lol so I always carry a concealer with me, false lash glue & my favourite lipbalm and lipgloss :) x

Try the pH Matchmaker by physician's formula :-) I have a hard time matching foundation to my skin too. This stuff seems pretty great!
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen those pics of models with and without makeup? (e.g. this http://groupthink.jezebel.com/vs-models-without-makeup-500000962)

I can't bring myself to spend the time and money on makeup - I feel more attractive without it. However I do admit to using a tinted lip moisture and now that my skin is uneven from aging sometimes I use a tinted moisturizer to even things out.

My daughter loves to wear makeup and I'm struck by how much more beautiful I think she looks without it.

I think there's a real beauty to being natural and just lavishing natural products on your skin. I also think women should do whatever makes them feel beautiful and comfortable. Just don't think everyone else things you need makeup to look good-I truly prefer the makeup free look!