Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Ladies, MUST HAVES in your make up bag?

Options

Replies

• gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I feel really unattractive after reading your post LOL... I hate makeup. It only comes out at weddings and special occasions. The improvement in appearance isn't worth the 10 extra minutes of sleep :p
    10 minutes? :laugh:

Does it take longer?

Mine takes a good half hour, at least! :laugh:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up 95% of the time.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I feel really unattractive after reading your post LOL... I hate makeup. It only comes out at weddings and special occasions. The improvement in appearance isn't worth the 10 extra minutes of sleep :p

This. Lol. I might wear a bb creme or a tinted moisturiser with sun protection, but overall my makeup is very minimal to nonexistant.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    A little bit of everything. Concealer, couple different kinds of makeup, lip gloss, etc.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My absolute must haves in my bag:

- Rimmel London Fix & Perfect primer in 002, non-tinted. It's the same as a BB cream, they just don't market it as such. I have HUGE pores on my cheeks and nose and this really smooths them.
    - Rimmel London Stay Matte pressed powder in 001 Translucent (it's not translucent at all.)
    - Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black. Best $2 I ever spent, don't plan on changing my mascara any time soon.
    - MAC Eye Vibrancy cream. I go and get samples to "try it" before I buy it...and then just keep getting samples. I love it but I would never, ever pay 62 dollars for a tiny bottle of it.
    - MAC Copper Sparkle pigment. So gorgeous. Only eyeshadow I will pay 15 bucks for.
    - MAC 263 angled brush. Great for liner.

My spring/summer must haves:

- Victoria's Secret Spring Palette. Comes with 6 colors, 2 base, 2 lid, 2 crease and a strip of gel liner. The shadows are pretty colors, but I find I have to use an eye primer or they don't stay. The liner, on the other hand, has some serious staying power.
    - Victoria's Secret Cheek Love blush in Fresh Love.
    - Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Glossy Tint Lip Sheen in Boudoir Pink.

I am seeing a tread appearing...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen first and foremost, BB cream, creamy smokey eyeshadow with a really easy applicator (I love this stuff, takes like 2 mins to do my eyes, has two diff colors for shading in one stick), black, brown or sapphire blue eyeliner for a quick look when I'm short on time or just don't feel like doing much fussing. I never use mascara anymore, it flakes in my eyes and irritates me way too much, makes me look like I've been smoking pot or something. Need to find a really good type that won't hurt my eyes, but it takes a lot of time, money and testing to do that.

I'm partial to red, wine or dark pink lipstick most of the time, but lately I do a quick smokey eye look and pair it with a light pink or nude lipstick and nothing else. Really easy, but looks like it took more time than it did. I used to take 30+ mins to do my makeup when I went all-out with it, but now I have it down to 10 minutes.

I'm blessed with relatively even skin tone and don't break out super often, so I can skip concealer and heavy foundation if I want to. I always do when I'm working out, that's just lip gloss+sunscreen at the most.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen first and foremost,

Yes :happy: not a big make up wearer but always use a moisturiser with spf!

2 things I use the most Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat and either Bobbi Brown or MAC mascara, if I'm feeling I need it I use Bobbi Brown shimmer brick for some glow.
  • gogojodee
    Options

I use the most Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat

YSL Touche Eclat is a MUUST have for me as well. I love the color/s and consistency!
  • gogojodee
    Options
    To all the ladies who've replied:

Thank you, thank you. I loved your answers and reasonings behind them. Looks like I will have to make a couple trips to get new stuff! :love:
  • pink0414
    pink0414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love your eyes cherryd!!

I always have pressed foundation/powder, eye liner, mascara, blush, lip gloss, eye shadow, my brushes, and a mirror. I LOVE make up!!!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    This is such a fun thread to me. :smile:

Here is what I currently use the most:

Primer:
    bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer

Base/foundation:
    Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers with SPF

Eyeshadows:
    Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream, #2 Steel (silver gray shimmer)
    or
    Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream, #18 Purple (light lilac shimmer)
    or
    Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal, #55 Inked in Pink (light pink shimmer)
    *I normally wear only one shadow at a time, lightly applied to the lower lid. I often skip eyeshadow altogether.

Stila, kitten (light champagne shimmer)
    *I use a little of this in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them.

Mascara:
    Lancôme is my all-time favorite.

Blush:
    Sonia Kashuk Blush, Flamingo 97 (pinky pink, seems bright in packaging but not so bright when applied)
    or
    e.l.f. Blush, Tickled Pink (peachy pink)

Lips:
    Clarins, Joli Rouge Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick, #15 Pink Magnolia
    *This is the lipstick that works for me no matter what. I wear it almost exclusively even though I have several other colors. If Clarins ever stops making this I will be very sad--in terms of first-world problems, that is. :)
    or
    LipFusion InFatuation, First Crush

Finishing Powder:
    bareMinerals Mineral Veil
    or
    Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder

Since trying new make-up can quickly become expensive, I always ask about the store's return policy re: make-up specifically. I feel better trying something new if I know that I can return it in case it's a disaster for some reason (i.e., changes color after applied, causes break-outs, looks garish, etc.).

Have fun! :)
  • gogojodee
    Options
    bumping to hear from more ladies!
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Foundation: Make Up Forever HD (Marble #117)
    Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous (Carbon Black)
    Lipgloss: NARS (Turkish Delight)

That's it... I'm pretty low-maintenance.
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mostly eyeshadows, eye pencils and mascara. I don't wear all that much make up so its bare minimum.
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I go for a minimal look so mine is similar to what was posted in first few post, tinted moisturiser, mascara, lip balm and if I use eye shadow it tends to be a browny / natural colour.

I am so lucky in that my sister is an area manager for Estee Lauder so she gets a massive discount from all brands owned by Estee Lauder (Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Mac, Clinique, Aveda and lots more). I love the Clinique skincare range, it's fab. I love Mac for make up. Although if I have a special event and want something more than tinted moisturiser I use Estee Lauder double wear foundations. It's very covering and lasts forever, but feels really light on the skin. In fact the whole of the double wear range is really good if you want make up that stays put.

Although I have to say, if it wasn't for the discounts and freebies I get from my sister there is no way I could afford brands like that!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I dont leave without mascara, eyeliner, and lip balm. That's it.

edit: I do wear more than that, but that's my bare min.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i put my make up on between gym and work so i have to have this with me all the time. (If I'm just leaving straight from home then i take tinted lip gloss and lip balm.). I go for a more natural look and don't like foundation.

so i have:
    maybelline mascara very black (i've tried them all, and i find that this is amazing)
    eye shadaow by NYC smokey browns for brown eyes (i use just mauve or light brown for lid and charcoal for crease.
    NYC liquid lipshine
    small mirror
    tiny container with my regular moisturizer (i've been blessed with great skin so i just buy whatever is on sale - this one is Ponds for dry skin)
    small container with advil and anti-flu homeopathic meds

If i'm going someplace outside of home to work i add a small packet of tissues and a small packet of baby wipes.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My routine:

La Mer cream moisturizer for face and eyes.
    Mischa bb cream 21. It has SPF 45
    Dior bb cream for eyes.
    Eyeshadows. I got many must mostly mat shadows from Dior or Nars. For evening I use shiny shadows so its mostly urban decay. L'Oreal Volumious mascara. Or Lancôme mascara for night.
    Blush - Nars deep throat.
    Lipglosses from Buxom lips.

When I'm in a hurry I just do La Mer and mascara.
  • samanthawardle31
    samanthawardle31 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Benefit erase paste, I have pale brows so Benefit Brow Zings, love Loreal BB cream, and Body Shop bronzer. Any decent mascara.
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have a w7 face primer in clear, Maybelline stay matt mousse, powder foundation, blusher, eye liner, mascara, and use gold/brown eye shadows, lipsticks