Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Ladies, MUST HAVES in your make up bag?

Options
gogojodee
gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
I'm looking to do a HUGE overhaul in my makeup bag. I've worn the same stuff for many years but now that I'm revamping my life, might as well revamp my bag too.

So, what's in YOUR bag?

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The-Body-Shop-Colour-Crush-Eye-Shadows-Opened.jpg

Color Crush eyeshadow from The Body Shop. The dark green is my fav (has beautiful gold under tones) but they're all pretty amazing. Also the Body Shop is a great company with good values, so you know...bonus.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    tinted moisturizer, mascara, lip balm and a shimmery-neutral based shadow. Looks super natural, makes skin tone more even and enhances eyes.
    I always think it's better to look natural than made up. But....liquid eye liner in black or bronze is nice for when you want more.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    tinted moisturizer, mascara, lip balm and a shimmery-neutral based shadow. Looks super natural, makes skin tone more even and enhances eyes.
    I always think it's better to look natural than made up. But....liquid eye liner in black or bronze is nice for when you want more.

Awesome!

What brands do you use/colors?

I tend to wear a lot of neutrals with some shimmer. I like bare escentuals!

I'm always up for new brands to try and experiment with!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    This is what's in my bag. Pretty boring really:

- concealer (l'Oreal's fake touche eclat here and there; Hourglass for under eyes)
    - powder (Shiseido, non-negotiable)
    - mascara rotation: Cover Girl Professional, Diorshow, L'Oreal Collagen something
    - In search of a good coral blush
    - Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple - The colour and feel are fantastic. Layers really nicely for a deep (but bright?) red, or you can just put a tiny bit on & it's more or less natural looking. Unfortunately, you have to reapply every couple of hours (more often if you eat/drink)

actually i think this red is different on everyone, depending on how you wear it. it's a warm. it's bright. it has both light and depth. when you put a bunch of layers on, it really is the colour of candied apples. just a little, and your own lip colour comes through. i love this thing.

- I just got a light mauve/pink/lilacky lipstick that I love. It's an odd duck - def doesn't look natural. I'm not even sure it suits me, but I love the colour itself. I keep hoping it's going to turn into a discontinued Lancome I wore years ago. So, I wear it, & pretend.
    - black kohl & liquid eyeliner (rarely wear & usually just a bit)
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Eyeliner and mascara are the only necessities. All others are options.

But I keep an eyeshadow or two and a waterproof liquid liner in my case just in case.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Physician's Formula shimmer bronze strips. Works as bronzer, eye shadow, and lip gloss if you put a little into a dab of Vaseline. LOVE this stuff!

Here's what it looks like:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=198313&catid=183538&cmbProdBrandFilter=57231&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler&device=c&network=g&matchtype=
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I use mostly Bare Escentuals (concealer, foundation/powder, eye shadows, eye liners, etc - I LOVE their products), then Maybelline Volume Express mascara (Colossal Cat Eyes), and an awesome blush from the Body Shop (Brush-On Beads).
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bare Escentuals & MAC....although I rarely do my makeup lately :/
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I don't have the time to go through my usual routine. After working in the cosmetic world for so long my routine is pretty extravagant. But my basics are Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer to cover my dark circles and if I have any pimples, Burt's Bees Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm on my lips and on the apples of my cheeks, Anastasia Brown Wiz in Soft Brown on my brows and as an eyeliner, and Physician's Formula Lash Boosting Mascara on my lashes. Quick and easy way to get a polished look with minimal products.
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    Lipstick, blush, eyeshadow (change everyday depends on what i am wearing)
    Mascara (this season... blue or black, depends on the colour of my eyeshadow)
    Eyeliner (black, green, blue, depends on the colour of my eyeshadow and mascara)
    Foundation
    Perfume ( changes everyday)
    tissues, hairbrush, a mirror & hand cream.
    Oh and a nail file :smile:
  • Trez08
    Trez08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Urban Decay Naked palette
    Real Technique brushes
    Revlon Just bitten
    Clump Crusher mascara
    Nars blush
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay concealer. Eye liner, some lip liner, a small palette of eyeshadow and my lip glosses!
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    Nude by Nature range

all mineral based products , foundation, bronzer, blush, eyeshadows, lip gloss, tinted moisturiser, eyeliners

and a L'oreal mascara in black.

sometimes a Garnier BB cream.

Perfumes i switch between Angel, Hypnotic Poison, Armani Code and Dior Addict
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Three things:

Foundation. Sometimes a brush too, the powder that stays in it is enough to wipe off any sheen

Eye liner, sharpened

Mascara.

Does lip balm count? I have that too.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Always lip gloss and mascara! :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Clinique Age Defense BB Cream
    Clinique Advanced Concealer
    Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Foundation
    Clinique Almost Powder
    Too Faced Shadow Primer
    Cream blush
    MAC Lipstick
    Lipgloss
    Lash Blast Mascara
    Lineur Intense Liquid Eyeliner
    A few brands of eye shadow
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I keep changing and I love makeup but there are three things I do not want to live without

Benefit YouRebel Light (when I heard the discontinued it, I bought a huge stock and don't care if it goes beyond the best before date!)
    Urban Decay Primer Potion (the original and Sin)
    Urban Decay Naked Palette (I have #1, but am dying to buy #2)
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    during the summer I don't wear foundation however usually
    Face moisturizer with spf
    Mary Kay foundation primer
    foundation
    bronzing powder
    black eye liner
    sephora mascara
    sephora eye shadow
    application brushes
    brow gel
    lipstick
    and nail polish for those middle of the day chips
    my daughter is a cosmetologist and revamped my make up about 6 months ago lol
    Sephora is not as expensive as we all think. I hit the store a day after every holiday for sales. :)
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Always lip gloss and mascara! :)

This. I am a lip gloss JUNKIE!!
  • MegsLeaBrown
    MegsLeaBrown Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    3 Things NEVER leave my makeup bag :

1) Mascara (I like waterproof mabelline full and soft in very black)
    2) Eyelash curler (its a random one I bought at walmart lol)
    3) Eyebrow pencil!! (I use a mabelline pencil in blonde/light brown - always choose a pencil colour one shade lighter than your hair, or if you are really blonde choose the lightest brow pencil colour possible :) )

Those 3 things will make you look bright eyed, awake and more defined and polished even if you have NOTHING else make-up wise on. Even at 3am!!