Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Ladies, MUST HAVES in your make up bag?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just added a whole bunch of stuff to my arsenal. After a makeover from Nars at my local Nordstrom I was chomping at the bit for bronzer to contour and highlighters and concealers. Also for a glowy powder they have. When I came home to find my make up I sell just came out with that kind of powder I wanted it. Few weeks later my niece wanted to do what I do but that required me being current so an APB resulted in so many orders that I had like 200 dollars to spend on free makeup as my "profit" which I could have kept but why...because....makeup!

So after....
    3 concealers
    1 replacement fave foundation (ran out),
    1 new foundation brush (love!)
    1 bronzer,
    1 blush (already had),
    1 highlighting pen,
    1 translucent powder,
    1 new mascara (just wanted to try the newest one)
    4 shadows (already had) frostbrown-crease, flatbrown-brow, and frostblack-corner/line, pink brow bone.
    1 clear lip liner,
    1 lipstick, and
    1 lip gloss....I have finally achieved........ drumroll please......... "the natural look".

Prior to this I have worn my makeup in the "obvious" style. So as to invite commentary and questions. Pretty but obvious. I always knew I wanted a return to the natural face but wasn't sure I could achieve it because it is SO tricky and shade choice is monumentally important and subtleties can kill it. So since my line also provides me with skin care I relied on this to go bare most of the time when I wanted that look. Now however the results are undeniable. Last night a waiter that was not even from our table came over to check on us multiple times, until my husband finally wrinkled his brow at him. He only came one more time after that, with the irrefutable excuse of bringing more of the free basket food that goes on the table. Ummm, yeah buddy, the waiters don't do that, the water and free stuffs guy does that. Nice try though, hubby's amused and I'm flattered. :wink:

MUST HAVES
    But yeah, in my actual bag are just a few touch up items like:
    oil mattifier lotion for shine that pops up,
    facial spray sometimes my getting older skin needs a spritz later in the day. I get sprays that don't ruin your makeup
    extra mascara (because sometimes husband gets spontaneous and mascara is my can't live without item),
    minty tingle lip gloss for if it's just too hot out,
    lip primer in case I try a shade elsewhere it can last and I can get lots of opinions throughout the day,
    reddish lipstick with slight shimmer that when blotted achieves a bee stung natural lip look,
    my newest blush from a different line which I could not resist due to it's beautiful compact & universal shade.

Estee-Lauder-Mad-Men-Collection-See-Thru-Blush-in-Light-Show-compact.jpg
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I feel really unattractive after reading your post LOL... I hate makeup. It only comes out at weddings and special occasions. The improvement in appearance isn't worth the 10 extra minutes of sleep :p
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Mascara
    Milani baked blush in Luminoso (awesome knockoff for nars' orgasm)
    Concealer
    Gel face moisturizer
    Taupey-grey eye shadow palette
    Brown pencil for eyes/brows
    Lip gloss in shade du jour
    Tweezers
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I only have 3 go to items in my everyday use..

Eyeliner, liquid eyeliner and mascara.

If im going out anywhere special: Eyeshadow (complimenting colours for the outfit, normaly 2 shades)
    Primer, foundation liquid, iridescent pearls, liquid eyeliner, eyeliner and mascara.

Brush's... i have far too many that i use dependent on the look im going for.

Heres one of my fav's

8217_1257524964383_121123_n.jpg

Btw, thats not a zit on my nose lol its a retainer.... i used to have some facial piercings

228563_1066861237909_4866_n.jpg
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My go-to's are mascara (I know Benefit's "They'r Real" mascara is hugely popular but I've never seen my eyelashes jump ship from my eyelids so quickly so never again) and lipstain.

Revlon makes a killer lipstain (just bitten) and I really like their "Grow Luscious" mascara (not too thick and keeps my lashes where they belong!)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    mascara, moisturizer, eyeliner. I rarely wear makeup at all, however.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I feel really unattractive after reading your post LOL... I hate makeup. It only comes out at weddings and special occasions. The improvement in appearance isn't worth the 10 extra minutes of sleep :p
    10 minutes? :laugh:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

Does it take longer?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Mascara
    Milani baked blush in Luminoso (awesome knockoff for nars' orgasm)
    Concealer
    Gel face moisturizer
    Taupey-grey eye shadow palette
    Brown pencil for eyes/brows
    Lip gloss in shade du jour
    Tweezers

if that's that blush in your profile pic, it looks awesome. so does your lip shade. actually your whole face is bang on, natural but healthy look. Hat's off!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I don't have one.......................
    Nothing.................
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    BB cream! My skin is healthy from using it every day now for a year.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Does it take longer?

last nights "natural" look took me like 20-30 minutes. it was my first time doing that one though. If I'm going out and wanna do all the tweeze and primers and whatnot for a special occasion it can take almost an hour, but gotta admit that's hair too. sometimes it takes zero time though if I just use what's in my make up bag after running out the door to keep up with hubby and do everything at red lights. That's just mattifier to prevent shinies, lipstick w/ blot and mascara one swipe. easy and fast.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation (words cannot express how absolutely awesome this foundation is)
    First Aid Beauty skin lotion and repair cream
    Laura Mercier eyeshadows
    A good set of brushes
    I wear mascara but don't have a favorite brand

ETA: I'm a devoted OPI nail lacquer fan, but that stuff lives in its own basket in my house.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    anyways higher vibes you actually have the right idea with "sleep". ever heard of "beauty sleep" it's important. and given that it looks like you are in workout wear and being on this site probably know the benefits of staying hydrated all those are WAY hay hay more important to beauty. which probably explains yours...because you don't look 99 at all. LOL just kidding no you're really pretty and just who cares if you'd rather sleep than do makeup that's a good thing. sleeps awesome.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Here's my "every day" basic stuff, takes me like 2 minutes to put it on:

BareMinerals Prime Time (PRIMER IS ESSENTIAL)
    BareMinerals READY SPF 20 Foundation in "Fairly Light"
    BareMinerals READY Blush in "The Aphrodisiac"
    Urban Decay Dew Me Moisturizing Makeup Setting Spray

Everything else is extra and I often don't bother to wear it, but I tend to buy Urban Decay or BareMinerals lipsticks and eyeshadows.
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Eyelash curler
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Mascara, eyeliner and body spray.
    Plus my fave lipgloss ;]
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Does it take longer?

Haha. It takes me ten minutes if I just do my BB, powder, mascara, and blush. Lip stain on the way out the door. :) My routine if I don't skip a bunch of steps takes about 30 minutes, possibly more depending on if I'm doing eyeliner and if I feel like doing my brows. :)
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    takes me 2 minutes, foundation on like it's moisturiser, just fire it on and even it out with a brush, throw in he eye liner, push it out to the sides for "cat" eyes with my little finger and then some mascara. That's the hardest part, my lashes are too long, they always leave marks when I blink. My hair is a curly mass with a mind of it's own, it does what it wants and I have to be happy with that. If I'm going out and use eye shadow, that takes an extra 5 minutes and I let everything settle down while I have a drink and hen see what need fixing, and that takes another 5 minutes. So, 12? Getting dressed though, until I lose this half stone, that isn't an easy one
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    black eye liner with a smudger on the end + waterproof mascara + nude lip balm +and spf liquid foundation ;)

lippy bronzer blush and eye shadows only go in my bag if im going out for the night or a special occasion.. i used to have so much in my bag when my kids were babies ..like first aid kits..even tools and torches haha