Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• spiritbrat
    spiritbrat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends!
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Yes please! I have a *lot* of work to do, but I've gotta start somewhere, right?
  • lynnortis2016
    lynnortis2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do today ?
  • ladybutterfly4
    ladybutterfly4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I walked an hour in the morning and 2 hours in the evening after work. Today, I didn't feel like working out this morning, but will most likely continue the 2 hour elliptical walk in the evening.How about you?
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
  • Moonpiepeeler
    Moonpiepeeler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 in the last 3 months I've lost 30 pounds. Finally out of the 200's! I still have 50-55 pounds to go, but I will get there.
  • Michie112g
    Michie112g Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am going to be turning 42 in September.
    I have 50 + to lose and not find again !!
  • Snapshots73
    Snapshots73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me, 43 here. Would like to have supportive people on my journey. <3
  • shelaghcol
    shelaghcol Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Is this an established group? I'm over 40 and could really use a group for encouragement and support.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    Yes, it's an established group. Join! The link is about 4 posts up!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm over 40.

The pounds seem to be so much harder to lose now!
  • jentroeger
    jentroeger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was so happy to see this thread, as I was specifically looking to connect with other women in my age range. I'm 44, live in Florida (grew up in Michigan), and have struggled with my weight my entire life (like so many of us, right?). I finally hit my goal weight this year and it's still a constant battle. As soon as I get a little "comfortable" I gain, which is where I find myself now... needing to drop a few again. I have found that logging my food helps, but also when I'm on here connecting with other people I'm not putting as much bad food in my mouth. Please feel free to add me.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    jentroeger wrote: »
    I was so happy to see this thread, as I was specifically looking to connect with other women in my age range. I'm 44, live in Florida (grew up in Michigan), and have struggled with my weight my entire life (like so many of us, right?). I finally hit my goal weight this year and it's still a constant battle. As soon as I get a little "comfortable" I gain, which is where I find myself now... needing to drop a few again. I have found that logging my food helps, but also when I'm on here connecting with other people I'm not putting as much bad food in my mouth. Please feel free to add me.

I am on the same boat! Hugs.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    KardioKim wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I'm over 40.

The pounds seem to be so much harder to lose now!

Harder as we get older. I have Menopause and I am not fooling myself.
  • shelaghcol
    shelaghcol Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    RoseTheWarrior - how do I join? I clicked on the page link and it says "join this group to view its contents," but there's no "join" link.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friends list
  • tiamaria68
    tiamaria68 Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Please add me as well - Im 48 , looking for motivation and food ideas - i love food but i hate cooking and not fond of exercise either.... over years my weight has been creeping up slowly until last 2 years it went up 30lbs or more... so now trying to figure out how to loose weight .... help
  • RoseTheWarrior
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp can you please send invites to those who want to join? I don't think I can.

@shelaghcol I hope Marta can get you into the group!
  • LisaG7615
    LisaG7615 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 in April. I have lost 20 lbs since having my son but have 35 more to go. I'll worry about the next goal once I hit this one. :-) all can feel free to add me. I need to stay on track and am looking for accountability as well.
  • Jsanani
    Jsanani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me to group. I'm 41 and just joined MFP. Need to lose 60 pounds and looking for motivation and support.