Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hello.

The group no longer exists. It was closed a long time ago. You can add me as a friend for support and accountability. This is an old post and it has been written here the group was closed. Sorry about that.
  • Funkymommy88
    Funkymommy88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in my mid 40s and just started my weight loss journey late last month. Lost 9lbs in 12days with the help of this app and of course proper diet and exercise. I'm quite a newbie here and looking for weight loss buddies, feel free to add me! :)
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    I'm in my mid 40s and just started my weight loss journey late last month. Lost 9lbs in 12days with the help of this app and of course proper diet and exercise. I'm quite a newbie here and looking for weight loss buddies, feel free to add me! :)

Welcome!! I will add you.!Congrats on the loss and good luck on the journey.
  • ZinhleNTK7773
    ZinhleNTK7773 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you.

It's my third week on keto and I love it. It took some getting used to all the fat though.

I don't own scales because they are evil (they show numbers I don't like
  • Real0610
    Real0610 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on MFP and my first attempt at Keto. I am 43 and starting out at 230 lbs. I realize it will be a long journey, but any advice is welcomed. Thank you!
  • sglazerm
    sglazerm Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I’m ready and starting!! We got this
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Real0610 wrote: »
    Today is my first day on MFP and my first attempt at Keto. I am 43 and starting out at 230 lbs. I realize it will be a long journey, but any advice is welcomed. Thank you!

Welcome and good luck!! Focus on you, this is not a one size fits all journey and you do not have to do it alone. Will add you as a friend for support and accountability. I personally don’t do keto but do follow lots of Keto sites for their yummy recipes.

It will be a long journey for sure but you don’t have to do it alone.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    sglazerm wrote: »
    I’m ready and starting!! We got this

Yes we do!!!
  • Imuniquelyjazzy
    Imuniquelyjazzy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies and fellas, I requested some of you as friends, please feel free to add me if I didn't add you.

Good luck!
  • xoxorainie
    xoxorainie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would like to join you all. I am 46 and have about 90 more pounds to lose. I've been going up and down for a long time. Now it's time for down!
  • tigrib
    tigrib Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 51 and struggling. I currently weight 192 and my goal is 160. I exercise regularly but need to get the food and portion size under control.
    I would like to join this group.
  • kyliemh21
    kyliemh21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 42 and just finally hit onderland. slowly working my way down. definitely gets harder as you get older, so no point putting it off any longer right?
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I’ll be 44 in four months time so I’m in the middle aged club for sure B) in case anyone is interested I have posted my story in the “success stories” forum, it’s titled “I lost 20% of my body weight in 300 days”. Short story: I was obese and my health was declining so I got down to a healthy weight and got my life back, been in maintenance for about 4 years now. Everyone keep working hard and you can achieve your goals! :)
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'll be 41 next month :) Hoping to lose around 4-5kg total form where I am now, have already lost about 4kg since Christmas. Not a lot to go, which means it's sloooooooow going. At the moment I'm working out 5-6 days a week, trying to do a combo of HIIT and weight training, and am aiming at a 0.25kg loss per week. Always happy to have new friends! And my diary is open for open diary friends.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Hello everyone! I’ll be 44 in four months time so I’m in the middle aged club for sure B) in case anyone is interested I have posted my story in the “success stories” forum, it’s titled “I lost 20% of my body weight in 300 days”. Short story: I was obese and my health was declining so I got down to a healthy weight and got my life back, been in maintenance for about 4 years now. Everyone keep working hard and you can achieve your goals! :)

Thank you for sharing your story. I am so happy for you. Eating right, exercising, keeping focused and determined. Good for you!
  • brownidbabe
    brownidbabe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m 46 and have been on and off mfp for a few years. I’ve recently been diagnosed with diabetes and my husband with high cholesterol. We are trying to change our eating habits and starting to be more active. I have about 90lbs to lose. I’ve been focusing on small goals the first is to get under 220 and then under 200. I’m only a few lbs shy of 220. It’s been a struggle trying to change not just my habits but my families habits as well. I know it takes time and is a process. I would like to find some friends for accountability and to be able to cheer each other on.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @brownidbabe add me. Welcome back. I too had diabetes and now pre since I have lost some weight and changed my lifestyle. I would be happy if we could do this together. Small goals is a great approach.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    tigrib wrote: »
    Hello! I am 51 and struggling. I currently weight 192 and my goal is 160. I exercise regularly but need to get the food and portion size under control.
    I would like to join this group.
    kyliemh21 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me, I'm 42 and just finally hit onderland. slowly working my way down. definitely gets harder as you get older, so no point putting it off any longer right?

Add me! Portions sizes is a lot of work but totally worth it. That would make a big difference in your weight loss. Remember, no amount of exercise will fix a bad diet.

@kyliemh21 hooray for hitting wonderland!! I love that feeling!

Hope we can be friends.
  • jbauer0010
    jbauer0010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. While I love my family and friends, they only tell me I'm perfect the way I am and then offer to buy dinner so not a lot of weight support lol. I have 2 gym memberships (one was a gift and it's near my work while the other is near my house) and am trying to now go on my lunch hour since during summer I can't go after work. It's hard though. I'm a single parent working 2 jobs with an active 9 year old boy so that means a lot of unhealthy choices made due to lack of energy and planning. It's so easy to hit Chipotle for lunch rather than get up at the first alarm and pack a healthy lunch. I've also never had to watch what I eat until a few years ago so I literally had never worked out in my life until a few years ago. I am not the best logger..I tend to keep track in my head and I'm actually pretty shy so I've never been that active on here...more of a lurker.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @jbauer0010 glad you are taking control of your life. It sounds tough, but you are tougher. Take it one day at a time. Changing habits take time so breathe and keep going. Less lurking ok. There are awesome people here and the support can be beneficial.