Women over 40 who want to lose weight, support and motivate each other.

Options

Replies

• JPH128
    JPH128 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Unfortunately I cannot send invites to join to anyone who is not on my friend's list.

Please go to the Community section, click on groups. There you can search for Healthy Women Over 40 Support/Accountability Group.

I will try and post the link when I get to my computer.

Thanks @RoseTheWarrior for letting me know.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    shelaghcol wrote: »
    RoseTheWarrior - how do I join? I clicked on the page link and it says "join this group to view its contents," but there's no "join" link.

I have added you. Let me know.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    tiamaria68 wrote: »
    Please add me as well - Im 48 , looking for motivation and food ideas - i love food but i hate cooking and not fond of exercise either.... over years my weight has been creeping up slowly until last 2 years it went up 30lbs or more... so now trying to figure out how to loose weight .... help

I hear ya. I have been on the same boat.
  • ginaDDDD
    ginaDDDD Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please add me too!
  • sabrina_46
    sabrina_46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the group. I'm 46 and lost almost 40 lbs using MFP a few years ago. I've gained most of it back but would love to get there again. Just need a little motivation to stay on track.
  • v2name
    v2name Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and a mother of 6. I never lost my baby weight from the last baby. I have been losing and gaining back the same 15 lbs for the last 2.5 years. Lately I seem to just be gaining. I'm only 2 lbs under my post-baby peak. I've got 50 lbs to lose and I'm looking for people to both inspire me and challenge me. If you can relate please send me a friend request v2name.
  • A_Disney_Dream
    A_Disney_Dream Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    40 here! Why is losing weight so hard after 40???
  • healthyjourney33
    healthyjourney33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and need to lose 30 lbs .I had a son die of cancer last year stress made me gain weight .Ready to take it off

I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. This breaks my heart.
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I always like adding new friends to share my fit secrets! feel free to add me- I am an extremely clean eater with open diary
  • denise131970
    denise131970 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I joined weight watchers in July 2014 and 8 lbs and then put it back on and then some! Very disappointed and clothes are tight, I look pregnant! I'm 46 and finding it so hard to be motivated especially when I have a husband and son who practically eat any and everything!! I've training in Feb 2016 and have lost 6 lbs so very slow and could do with some of your support too!!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I am a proud 46 and since last March I have lost 120+ and counting. So far I would not say that I am having a hard time losing weight. It takes a lot of work, commitment, and dedication. I do not really need motivation, but support is good and I am willing to help anyone in any way I can. The main things that I have learned is that this is a process and I now have the knowledge that this is doable, so if i fall off the wagon or gain a few pounds I do not get upset or frustrated. I just get back on the horse and head in the right direction. Feel free to add me, if not just know that you can do this!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I am a proud 46 and since last March I have lost 120+ and counting. So far I would not say that I am having a hard time losing weight. It takes a lot of work, commitment, and dedication. I do not really need motivation, but support is good and I am willing to help anyone in any way I can. The main things that I have learned is that this is a process and I now have the knowledge that this is doable, so if i fall off the wagon or gain a few pounds I do not get upset or frustrated. I just get back on the horse and head in the right direction. Feel free to add me, if not just know that you can do this!

Thank you for your kind words! Congratulations on your journey and accomplishments.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    stacey2428 wrote: »
    40 here! Why is losing weight so hard after 40???

Let me know. I am 44 and still finding out.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Our group is called Healthy Women over 40 accountabilty/support group. Find it on Community/Groups. Lots of support there.
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bumping this - as a woman in my 40's, new weird body changes have popped up -from hormones to achey joints, etc. would love to keep motivated and see what other women 40+ are doing.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Thanks for posting the link. Please join us. It is a great group!.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Hello all!

I am sorry to inform you that the group was closed. The link no longer works.

@ameliabee6 feel free to add me. Would love to have you as a friend and support each other. Seems like you are on your way to a very happy and healthy life!!

Marta