May 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I am starting to feel the same way, but I am getting a kick out you have to run in 29 degree weather in the middle of May...lol... Race time for me is 7:30 Saturday morning and they saying it is going to be in the upper 40s, low 50s all day with steady rain, which should make for a slick, sloppy muddy run. Hope your race goes well without any injury flare-ups...

Thanks! I look forward to hearing how you kicked *kitten* on your race!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 wedding stuff. it's june 4th. crunch time.

seriously though, dumpy frog is an awesome little guy.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 and @PoppetsMaster I hope you kick many kittens at your races tomorrow!! :smiley:

6 mile easy effort run today. Was slow at first as expected to loosen up and wound up finishing faster than expected.

I'm definitely ready for tomorrow's rest day. :smile:

5/1 - 13.1 miles
    5/2 - 6 miles
    5/3 - 6 miles
    5/4 - 9 miles
    5/5 - 6 miles
    5/6 - Rest
    5/7 - 10.5 miles
    5/8 - 10.5 miles
    5/9 - 6 miles
    5/10 - 6 miles
    5/11 - 10 miles
    5/12 - 6 miles

89.1/200 miles

exercise.png

2016 races:
    4/9 - Rock the Parkway half marathon (Kansas City, MO) 2:30:17.6 new PR
    4/16 - Garmin Wickedly Fast half marathon (Olathe, KS) 2:28:39.52 new PR
    4/23 - Heroes for Hope half marathon (North Kansas City, MO) 2:19:14 new PR
    5/1 - Buffalo Bell Stampede half marathon (Leavenworth, KS) 2:25:06
    5/14 - Running with the Cows half marathon (Bucyrus, KS)
    6/2 - Hospital Hill 5k 7pm PRE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    6/3 - Hospital Hill half marathon 7am RE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    9/25 - Broadway Bridge half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    10/15 - Kansas City Marathon 26.2 (Kansas City, MO)
    11/5 - Jenks half marathon (Jenks, OK)
    11/6 - Kansas half marathon (Lawrence, KS)
    11/12 - Longview half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    11/13 - Gobbler Grind half marathon (Overland Park, KS)
    11/19 - White River half marathon (Cotter, AR)
    11/20 - Pilgrim Pacer half marathon (Lenexa, KS)
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Nice splits on the run!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Gonna wear the new shoes for the race? Or be good and wait for a different run?
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Phew, don't know what was more work the 6km after 5days off in really humid conditions or 250 New posts.

Have realised the problem I am having, essentially going to 4/week with my other commitments gives me no room to slack off any night. Which I sometimes really need. I then feel down about not getting out there and so am likely to miss more.

am going to have one more go at 4/week in May. If it doesn't happen I'll just concentrate on 3/week until next year.

2/5.........6k
    4/5.........6k
    6/5.........6k
    11/5.......6k
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Lifters trying to run update-
    Last night I did a very short/easy lower body workout compared to what I usually do.
    Then for C25k on the treadmill, which was supposed to be 20 minutes of 5 min running/1 min walking intervals. I did the full 5 minutes about two times, and then I was really starting to feel it, so I did a little less running and a little more walking for the remainder of the time. I was almost disappointed, but then I realized I just ran for 5 minutes straight and I definitely could not have done that a few months ago.
    When I have dabbled in running in the past, I spent a long time working on intervals before I moved into any significant amounts of straight running, so I think I am going to restart with the run/walk version so I can keep building my endurance before trying for 5 minutes or more. Maybe I need to slow down too. (Right now I was trying the regular version, but I don't think I'll be able to hang!)
    Yesterday I also got my Garmin VivoActive HR, so I'm hoping it will be nice outside the next few days so I can do some outdoor intervals and geek out over all my fun stats haha.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    I had to google these to see what has everyone so excited (besides the universal giddiness of new running shoes) and I was amazed!

"The Brooks Glycerin 14 road-running shoes put soft, pillowy cushioning underfoot..." AND a 10mm drop!

Holy shlt! That shoe would have me in the hospital a half-mile down the road... lol

Do you have to orders those from Mattress Discounters?? :)

LOL all my shoes are in the 10mm drop range
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    ...the new Glycerin 14's arrived at my doorstep!
    I had to google these to see what has everyone so excited (besides the universal giddiness of new running shoes) and I was amazed!

"The Brooks Glycerin 14 road-running shoes put soft, pillowy cushioning underfoot..." AND a 10mm drop!

Holy shlt! That shoe would have me in the hospital a half-mile down the road... lol

Do you have to orders those from Mattress Discounters?? :)
    Serta ain't got nuthin' on deez Brooks! :tongue:

These feel good. I might even dare to wear them at the half this weekend.
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am more comfortable in these... I can roll them up and put them in my pocket.

jxudcrh83g1e.jpg

• WhatMeRunning
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yeah, these are diametrically opposite shoes in both cushioning and heel drop! :lol:

I can stuff an entire change of clothes in my shoes. :smile:
  • PoppetsMaster
    Options
    These feel good. I might even dare to wear them at the half this weekend.

You definitely should. The worst thing that could happen is that your feet could get all comfy and fall asleep.

• PoppetsMaster
    Options
    As you all can see, @MNLittleFinn, @WhatMeRunning and I don't have real jobs...
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    As you all can see, @MNLittleFinn, @WhatMeRunning and I don't have real jobs...

Lunch break while the kids are at lunch.....