May 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @Run4Me2Day great job. Keep it up and you'll rock this!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I ran 6 whole miles and have nothing to report for it. :trollface:

5/1 - 13.1 miles
    5/2 - 6 miles
    5/3 - 6 miles
    5/4 - 9 miles
    5/5 - 6 miles
    5/6 - Rest
    5/7 - 10.5 miles
    5/8 - 10.5 miles
    5/9 - 6 miles
    5/10 - 6 miles
    5/11 - 10 miles
    5/12 - 6 miles
    5/13 - Rest
    5/14 - 13.1 miles
    5/15 - 4 miles
    5/16 - 6 miles
    5/17 - 6 miles
    5/18 - 6 miles

124.2/200 miles

exercise.png

2016 races (this list is subject to change at the posters whim):
    4/9 - Rock the Parkway half marathon (Kansas City, MO) 2:30:17.6 new PR
    4/16 - Garmin Wickedly Fast half marathon (Olathe, KS) 2:28:39.52 new PR
    4/23 - Heroes for Hope half marathon (North Kansas City, MO) 2:19:14 but was only 12.5 miles
    5/1 - Buffalo Bell Stampede half marathon (Leavenworth, KS) 2:25:06
    5/14 - Running with the Cows half marathon (Bucyrus, KS) 2:17:38.4 new PR
    6/2 - Hospital Hill 5k 7pm PRE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    6/3 - Hospital Hill half marathon 7am RE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    9/25 - Broadway Bridge half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    10/15 - Kansas City Marathon 26.2 (Kansas City, MO)
    11/5 - Jenks half marathon (Jenks, OK)
    11/6 - Kansas half marathon (Lawrence, KS)
    11/12 - Longview half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    11/13 - Gobbler Grind half marathon (Overland Park, KS)
    11/19 - White River half marathon (Cotter, AR)
    11/20 - Pilgrim Pacer half marathon (Lenexa, KS)
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    I ran 6 whole miles and have nothing to report for it. :trollface:

Show off...some of us had to XT today :p

Great Run BTW
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You all are a bad influence. I'm actually considering this: https://www.tcmevents.org/events/medtronic_twin_cities_marathon_weekend_-_october_7-9_2016/marathon/ it's 2 weeks after my second half. I'd have to reconfigure my training to do it too......Maybe not...I don't think I'm that crazy....but there is time....if I dedicate to it NOW......ugh....20 weeks to train.
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn - I wear Balegas. I love the lightweight ones most of the time, but I tend toward the thicker BlisterResist model for really long runs. If you order from their website directly, you get free shipping on orders of $50 (which is exactly the price for two pairs of the lightweight and two pairs of blister resist, by the way).
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Russian massage therapist plus incoming migraine equals rest day for Leigh.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You all are a bad influence. I'm actually considering this: https://www.tcmevents.org/events/medtronic_twin_cities_marathon_weekend_-_october_7-9_2016/marathon/ it's 2 weeks after my second half. I'd have to reconfigure my training to do it too......Maybe not...I don't think I'm that crazy....but there is time....if I dedicate to it NOW......ugh....20 weeks to train.

The Mankato Marathon is a week after the TC. While not as big, it would give you another week to train and perhaps more importantly, to recover from your half. It's quite a bit cheaper too, if that's a consideration.

Also a week after the TC marathon is the Whistle Stop Marathon in Ashland WI. Saturday I had three different groups tell me that that was the one I'd should do next. It's even closer to you. I considered doing it this year but I'm being forced to attend a wedding that day. My wife's cousin's daughter's wedding..are you serious? I don't even know here. She would not care one whit if I was there or if I was running, so I might as well be running!!! Nope, that didn't fly.

• MNLittleFinn
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

The Mankato Marathon is a week after the TC. While not as big, it would give you another week to train and perhaps more importantly, to recover from your half. It's quite a bit cheaper too, if that's a consideration.

Also a week after the TC marathon is the Whistle Stop Marathon in Ashland WI. Saturday I had three different groups tell me that that was the one I'd should do next. It's even closer to you. I considered doing it this year but I'm being forced to attend a wedding that day. My wife's cousin's daughter's wedding..are you serious? I don't even know here. She would not care one whit if I was there or if I was running, so I might as well be running!!! Nope, that didn't fly.

I'll take a look at those fulls too. I kind of want to try one this year.....but maybe I should wait.....ugh...Too much motivation, not enough common sense......Reason I'm looking at TC is i have family within a 45 minute drive of the starting point. I also just Emailed to see if there's a way to switch my second half to a full....Then I wouldn't have to recover or any of that, just use my Training for my July half as part of training for my full.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ^^^^^ good write up. EDIT: errrr...above MNLittleFinn's post. @PoppetsMaster 's post.

BTW, I'm just a big nerd. My engineering mind can't even take time off to just "put-one-foot-in-front-of-the-other". LOL
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn - I think you should sign up for another race just so I can blame you when I sign up for another race. :tongue:
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....I'm super tempted by the full. I could totally explain any slowness on the half in September on it being s Easy Taper run that I didn't want tp push on because I had a full in 2 weeks.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 5 miles
    5/2 - 4 miles
    5/3 - rest day
    5/4 - 6 miles
    5/5 - 5 miles
    5/6 - rest day
    5/7 - 5 miles
    5/8 - trip to Nashville :smiley:
    5/9 - 5 miles
    5/10 - family day
    5/11 - 5 miles
    5/12 - 5 miles
    5/13 - family leaving I'm sad day
    5/14 - 4 miles (5K and 1 mile warm up)
    5/15 - 6 miles
    5/16 - rest day
    5/17 - unexpected rest day
    5/18 - 5 miles Happy Birthday Skip!

55 of 100 miles

exercise.png

going to catch up on all the 120 posts!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn - I think you should sign up for another race just so I can blame you when I sign up for another race. :tongue:

Reminds me of this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1vDjZmb4lE
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @asmalworld Only for speed workouts. For easy runs I just start a little slower. Cool-down for these runs is walking

Another 6k today. Made a plan to run 5 days this week and I will advance to 6 next week. At this time I almost do a 5k every day lol. I mean it was incredible to do a 5k a few months ago, but If I look at it, is just 30 minutes at slow pace, just like they say on tv.

Was even easier today to maintain my cadence. It feels a little awkward the first few hundred meters but after I get in the rhythm is hard to slow down bellow 175. Had an average of 181 today with highs in the 190. I like it. It feels better, my heart rate stopped complaining about it and I feel like I have less vertical movement. Instead of stepping into the ground I feel like I step over it :)) if you know what I mean. I couldn't realize the difference before when I was at 160 but there is certainly a difference.

Oh and I decided to ignore my open callus. Slapped a band aid over it and it now developed another callus inside. It's like callusception. Not pretty looking at all

..Date.....Distance
    May 01 - rest
    May 02 - 4.1 km
    May 03 - rest
    May 04 - rest
    May 05 - 5 km
    May 06 - rest
    May 07 - 4.1 km
    May 08 - 5.8 km
    May 09 - 4.1 km
    May 10 - rest
    May 11 - 5 km
    May 12 - 4.1 km
    May 13 - rest
    May 14 - 7.5 km split in 2 parts but it still counts
    May 15 - 5.7 km
    May 16 - rest
    May 17 - 5+1.4 km
    May 18 - 6 km

exercise.png

03/04: Bucharest 10k and Family run 48:28
    16/04: Color Run Bucharest
    17/04: Forest Run 5k 22:05
    ??/??: VeterRUN 6.7k
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    To summarize, to impress @PoppetsMaster , you need to not *kitten* and not run.
    ;)

Just kidding, your post was very well written and hits too close to home.
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just heard back they'll let me switch the September half to a full. Do I go for it? That would be
    1 5k 1
    1 HM
    and 1 full for the year.

here's the website for the second half (or potential full) What do the sages here say? do 2 halfs and try to add the full, just stick with 2 halfs, or go for it and do the 1 half in July, and a Full in September?
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    To summarize, to impress @PoppetsMaster , you need to not shlt and not run.
    ;)
    I told you I was simple guy.