Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

hahahahahahahaha. wish there were coaches near me

I will be your coach:

1. Put on your damn shoes.
    2. Go outside.
    3. Run.
    4. Far.

That will be $1,500.00 cash or money order only. Thank you very much.

Actually, step 1 is optional. LOL
    True! And so is #2 if you use a treadmill I suppose...which would also nullify my #5 recommendation since there is nowhere to run back to on a treadmill...
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Let's give it the George Carlin 7 words test...

*kitten* piss *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* tits

That'll be on the list of things MFP Challenge Runner's learned this month!

Edit: or our next shirt logo!
    Oh dang! It didn't kitten it! Oh yes it did. Wow on mine it didnt for a sec.
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    Options

I will be your coach:

1. Put on your damn shoes.
    2. Go outside.
    3. Run.
    4. Far.

That will be $1,500.00 cash or money order only. Thank you very much.

Dude, I totally forgot about the go outside part....

It would be difficult to do #4, if you forgot #2.
    (Although @7lenny7 actually ran far and he forgot #2 :p ).
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Does mfp actually censor you that way? I thought people purposely wrote that in. let me try... *kitten*

The cool thing is you can quote people to find out what they really said. It doesn't show up in what you post, but you can see it in the editor. Like here I can see you just said *kitten*.

Oh you really said *kitten*. Damn they need to censor the quotes now we can't all say *kitten* every time and get a way with it
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Does mfp actually censor you that way? I thought people purposely wrote that in. let me try... *kitten*

The cool thing is you can quote people to find out what they really said. It doesn't show up in what you post, but you can see it in the editor. Like here I can see you just said *kitten*.

Oh you really said *kitten*. Damn they need to censor the quotes now we can't all say *kitten* every time and get a way with it
    Yeah, and I was having fun just saying kitten my kitten you kitten kitten kitten! But now I know people can find out that is all just a fraud.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Let's give it the George Carlin 7 words test...

*kitten* piss *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* tits

That'll be on the list of things MFP Challenge Runner's learned this month!

Edit: or our next shirt logo!
    Oh dang! It didn't kitten it!
    I've read it often enough in the past weeks(?), I think the phrase "kick some *kitten*" will be forver ingrained in my brain. I could totally see that on a shirt! Would getting chased by angry mobs of cat lovers who don't get the reference count as speedwork?

I may have to put that on a shirt! Maybe on the back of my MFP shirt :grin:
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yeah, and I was having fun just saying kitten my kitten you kitten kitten kitten! But now I know people can find out that is all just a fraud.
    Pssst.... if you don't add the stars, people will spot the fraud even without the quote! Whereas if you write *kitten* and put the stars, it actually sais **kitten**
    (and editing seems to make it jump back and forth, but maybe that's just some refresh-feature of my browser...)
    .... You know what? This is getting weird, I'll just go for a run now!
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I wonder if there is a limit to the number of *kittens* that can be posted in a single thread in an hour before the alarms go off at the MFP mod headquarters?
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited May 2016
    Options
    And what if I say kittenass? Or kitten-*kitten*?

Gah! I need to get a life. :lol:
  • PoppetsMaster
    PoppetsMaster Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I really should get some work done... lol
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp thanks for that detailed explanation! Longer is always my goal, but since I'm still new I'm trying me to find some perspective. You gave it to me in a great way.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Perfect running weather this afternoon, and my usual running trail/park smelled like spring after a nice morning rainfall, so I ended up knocking out 10 more miles mid-day. My primary northern running partner is on the DL for a week or so, but I definitely enjoyed the woods and solitude of the run. Finally crossed the mid-point of my monthly mileage goal, but no concerns that I'll knock out the remaining 87 miles in the 13 days left, as most are up north.

5/1 - 26.2 miles (Pittsburgh Marathon - 3:08:25 - 7:11/mile, ran as bib #666 in full devil costume, got a BQ)
    5/5 - 6 miles
    5/9 - 15 miles
    5/10 - 6 miles
    5/11 - 3 miles
    5/12 - 2 miles
    5/13 - 4.5 miles
    5/14 - 6 miles
    5/15 - 3 miles
    5/17 - 11 miles
    5/18 - 10 miles

Total: 92.5 miles
    Goal: 180 miles
    Remaining: 87.5 miles

Next Races:
    Ironman 70.3 Augusta - September
    Chicago Marathon - October
    Ironman Florida - November
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options

I'll take a look at those fulls too. I kind of want to try one this year.....but maybe I should wait.....ugh...Too much motivation, not enough common sense......Reason I'm looking at TC is i have family within a 45 minute drive of the starting point. I also just Emailed to see if there's a way to switch my second half to a full....Then I wouldn't have to recover or any of that, just use my Training for my July half as part of training for my full.

@mnlittlefinn - What you are describing is how I ended up doing my first full marathon. At the time I raced it, I had been running for about 18 months it was roughly a year after my first 10 miler. Like you, I had signed up for just the half, and swapped to a full registration right after I had comfortably raced a half marathon 12 weeks prior. I had initially just worked through the hal higdon novice 2 half marathon plan, then just swapped into his full marathon novice 1 plan mid-way and it worked out pretty well.

Still, the training definitely puts a toll on your body, but I enjoyed the challenge, did the race as a fundraiser (for a friend who had lived around mile 20 and passed away a few months prior), had a buddy pace me for the race, and despite it taking about 50% more time than that same course took me this year, it was definitely a great experience.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just gauge your half, see how it feels, then do the swap if you come out of it wanting more and feeling up for the distance/challenge. If you finish the half hating life, then no reason to commit to both the race itself, and the requisite half dozen 16-20 mile training runs.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have to catch up on posts but I wanted to show the poster I had made for my marathon :)

Hopefully it doesn't come out huge. I'm not great at this image thing

rd38cr8hl09y.png
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    May 03      4.2T     4.2  
    May 04      4.2T     8.4 
    May 06      5.1     13.5 
    May 07      8.2     21.7 
    May 08      5.6     27.3 
    May 09      4.2     31.5 
    May 11      6.5     38.0 
    May 13      5.0     43.0
    May 14     12.6     55.6
    May 15      4.2     59.8
    May 17      5.0     64.8
    May 18      5.7     70.5

exercise.png
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    May Goal: Run just a scootch more than last month...

5/1 deep mucking of the chicken coop and environs
    5/2 4.0
    5/3 life day
    5/4 7.54
    5/5 snorkel 3.5hours
    5/6 3.21
    5/7 4.05
    5/8 rest
    5/9 4.05
    5/10 meh
    5/11 4.54
    5/12 3.26
    5/13 6.05
    5/14 rest
    5/15 4.02
    5/16 3.16
    5/17 snorkel 3.5 hours. I wonder why we say we are "floundering" when we stumble or trip...I think they move quite elegantly!
    VKwYJ7.gif
    5/18 4.00

Total 47.88

Upcoming races:
    6/26 SHEPower Virtual 1/2 marathon
    11/13 Las Vegas Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon

Ticker is my goal for 2016 and accumulation to date:
    exercise.png