What are YOU PROUD OF that you ate today?

Options
tbolashana
tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
Most days I eat pretty okay. I try to get my 3 staples in with every meal -- veggies/fruit, protein, and carb -- and that way I feel balanced.

Some days are better than others. But some meals I am so proud of what I've eaten!

This post is about that. What are you proud of eating today?

I hope to post once a day, if not more and I hope you share with me too. That way you can possibly give me ideas and/or inspire me to do better.

HAPPY POSTING :)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What does it mean to be proud of what you've eaten? It sounds to me like it's something you've had to force or coax yourself to eat? I eat food I like that happen to be good for me, and I feel happy and satisfied, but not proud, at least I don't think I am.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    This sounds weird. I don't think I've ever felt pride in what I've eaten...?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten anything yet. I'm making a coffee right now. I bought that on clearance so I guess I'm proud of that?

I LOVE what I cooked for dinner. There's also that
    http://www.jocooks.com/main-courses/seafood/coconut-shrimp-curry/
  • tbolashana
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I haven't eaten anything yet. I'm making a coffee right now. I bought that on clearance so I guess I'm proud of that?

I LOVE what I cooked for dinner. There's also that
    http://www.jocooks.com/main-courses/seafood/coconut-shrimp-curry/

@CooCooPuff

This looks yummy!
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I had a big salad for lunch!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I've eaten six servings of veggies today.

@vinegar_husbands

Wow! I'm proud of you too!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Pride goeth before a fall so I ain't proud of nothin yet.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I'm proud of my salad this morning. It was really big and yummy! I would usually eat something "breakfasty" but I opted for the salad to get some veggies in early.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I had veggies in my breakfast burrito.
  • coach_joconnor
    coach_joconnor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I made a really yummy Tuna wrap with spinach and balsamic dressing on it! I'm proud because I almost ate fudge cookies for lunch.
  • jlizk
    jlizk Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm making my own teriyaki sauce tonight which I'm hoping I'll be proud of! Bit of a change from the Saturday night take out I got used to
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just ate a veggie dog + sauce for a pre workout meal :) normally I never do pre meals (or post meals), so I'm glad I'm getting some carbs and protein in before a quick run. Could be better, but baby steps :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I try not to feel pride or guilt about anything I've eaten. Food is fuel and one of the pleasures of life as far as I'm concerned, nothing more!

I'm often proud of something I've cooked though, when it turns out pretty and people enjoy it. I made some brownies last week that looked like a picture in a recipe book and everyone raved about them!
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I made a grilled pb and j with duck fat instead of butter. Proud I made it because I was at a loss on what to do when I saw I WS out of butter.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of my whole day. It's looks perfect. Sounds obnoxious, but I am. I was just thinking that and then saw this post! I know exactly what you mean.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I had a big salad for lunch!

@dannijordan30

Great!