Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Chris ~ So happy for you!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: My legs feel like noodles today. I went to my second water exercise class at the YM yesterday and then went to the mall and did lots of walking. I have been struggling to get to 10,000 steps each day and yesterday I had over 17,000. They are finally finishing the septic system today. Yeah! It has taken a long time and many trips but now it will be done.

Chris - Glad things are going so well for you!

Joyce - 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tsp chia seeds, 2 tsp brown sugar, 2 T. peanut butter. Mix together then add 2 T mini chocolate chips. Cover and put in refrigerator overnight. It tastes a lot like raw cookie dough and has about the same consistency. Makes 2 servings. 342 calories, 11 g protein, 7 g fiber.

Miriam - That poem is awesome. You need to preserve it somehow.

Katla - You won't need to search for fun things to do for a while. Enjoy DD and the DGC.

NCCarol - Love the lighthouses. How creative.

Everyone take care and stay safe, Sue in WA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Chris - Hooray. I needed that today :) Jack and I met on Match.com, have been together over 9 years and married over 6. Live is good. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr okc
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Sue.

Chris, so happy for you on both the boyfriend and the job! Doing the happy dance for you. I just hope that ex doesn''t come back and whine again.

Charlie went grocery shopping my himself. The only thing he brought back that was healthy was milk and I hate milk. Sorry folks. So cookies, nuts, ice cream bars, ice cream, etc is now in the house. Bring on the water.

My SIL had a hyditiform mole. Excuse me for the spelling. I am just trying to sound it out. They loved that baby, they planned just like any couple does that finds out they are pregnant. And it's the doctor that tells them that they are pregnant. So it is complete devastation when you lose 'your baby'. And then you deal with the well wishers that say it wasn't really a baby thinking that will help you feel better. You had a 'baby' and now you don't. Her only other pregnancy went well until the very end when after he was delivered, bits and pieces of the placenta was left in the uterine wall and continued to bleed. I don't know how many units of blood she had and nearly died. So after both pregnancies ended in tears and worry over Mom's health they made sure there were no more pregnancies, no more heartache. That one pregnancy was my nephew who was a heroin addict that completely turned his life around and is a strong, healthy man no pursuing a degree in addiction counseling. God wanted that baby to live!

Joyce, Indiana
  • SaffronMeadow2
    SaffronMeadow2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    auroranae wrote: »
    Goal 2- lose 10 pounds by the 31st for my sons graduation

Aurora, do you mean the 31st of THIS month?! Is that possible? I would be walking on sunshine if I could lose ten pounds by the end of the month! Good luck!
  • SaffronMeadow2
    SaffronMeadow2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Question: What is the most amount of weight that you ever lost in one month... and how did you do it? I'd love to hear everyone's responses!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Ha, Ha, Ha ... I am laughing at myself so hard that I feel like I could burst out crying!
    These eyes don't see so good in dim light anymore ... and my kitchen is certainly dim with it's dark woodwork in inefficient lighting!

I wanted to make a fruit snack for my afternoon treat ... to stave off hunger and because I've been light in fruit the last several days. ... There are always ziplock bags of various cut up fruits in the freezer, some old enough that frost has started to develope around the nuggets of fruit because the seals on the bags aren't the greatest even for the double-zip type freezer storage bags. ... Anyway ... I pull out 3 bags to make my fruit salad ... one of mellon balls, another of either blueberries or autumn graps and a third of a small amount of strawberries ... I grap a handful out of each bag and toss the fruit into a microwave safe bowl ... one that will hold more fruit than I'm getting ... and put it into the microwave to zap the frost off of the fruit so they start to soften and I can partake .... Then I carry the bowl into my bright office (2nd bedroom converted into an office) ... my favorite room in the house with it's two large side-by-side double hung windows that look out onto my back yard and flood my room with late afternoon sunlight. .... and look into my bowl as I start to mix the fruit together with a spoon .... and here is wat I see ...

... Those strawberries that I was so looking forward to turn out to be cherry grape tomatoes! Ha, Ha, Ha ... tomatoes in a fruit salad ... only in my kitchen!
    NY Niki
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    saffronMead - "Question: What is the most amount of weight that you ever lost in one month... and how did you do it? I'd love to hear everyone's responses! "

14lb in one month that I know of for sure. I do know that I lost 10lbs in a week but that was cuz I was sick while in vegas.

14lbs was when I was on a biggest looser challenge at work. I was working out before and after work. I would park the furthest away that I could at the parking lot. I used only the stairs, no elevators to go up and down the 4 floors, that's when I started wearing a fleece kind of shirt over my t-shirt, that I still wear today. obviously cut out ALL junk food (never did fast food or sodas at that time anyway). I won about 450.00 !
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! Don't know if I mentioned this before, but our office just moved to a new location and getting unpacked and settled in ... is a very tiring day's work....no time to do the important things like post here!!

Anyway - I wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing well!
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm almost finished with my tender now. Spent essentially all day at it so I sure hope it pays off. Such a complicated process!

Sorry about Kate, Heather. I had a miscarriage between my two kids but that's nothing compared to losing a child at full term. I think it's beautiful that you honor her with tulips after all these years. Some things are worth keeping holy.

Chris - Wow! Nice to hear about your good fortune of late. I totally get what you're saying about being employed. Sure there are advantages to being your own boss, but I sometimes long for a job where the salary just rolls in every month without me having to chase it. (As I alluded to above, I've spent several days trying to ensure that I'll get commissions in the future. What a drag!)

Lisa - I heard a strong buzzing noise overhead the other day. Are you sure it wasn't you flying by, faster than a speeding bullet?

SaffronMeadow - The most weight I know I've lost in a month in recent years is just 7 lbs. I did that by logging my food, staying within my allowance most of the time, and getting some exercise. The good thing is that those 7 lbs stayed off too. I may have lost more 15 years ago (with WeightWatchers) but that didn't last.

I've been so busy I haven't eaten much today. MFP yelled at me when I only logged 850 calories, and threatened me with all kinds of horrible consequences. But hey, if I can forgive myself for eating waaaaay too much one day, I have to be able to forgive myself for not eating enough another day. It will all be forgotten anyway a hundred years from now.
    Good night all!
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Question: What is the most amount of weight that you ever lost in one month... and how did you do it? I'd love to hear everyone's responses!

I lost 20 once, through fasting for 21days.
    That's not what I did it for, though, and I'm not sure I'd recommend prolonged fasting as a weight loss method. And I'm a big, sturdy woman...you couldn't pay me to weigh less than 180...so that's a factor.

Hi Ladies! I've been lurking lurkily, like a lurky lurker, and exercising like it was my last chance...anyway, I'm here.. :flowerforyou:

Larisa
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    NY Niki~Hahahahaha! Funny story! I have a VIVID memory of getting some chocolate drink mix, (as a little girl now) and taking a spoonful before mixing it in the milk. I am frowning, sticking out my tongue, and trying to say MOM, with little puffs of the powdered baking chocolate mix coming out. My dear mother was on the phone and she looked at me and said, "Oh dear Lord, I need to go"..... mental image priceless I would suppose :-) heehee...
    Becca
    Oregon
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Chris in sunny MA! Some of us single women need to hear this kind of thing now and then. :smile:
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.40min, 13.9amph, 132mhr, 2.9mi = 107c
    LATERAL MACHINE 30.32min, 56aw, lvl3-6, 142mhr, 3732str, 62fl, 2.70mi = 252c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.32min, 11.4amph, 114mhr 1.4mi = 58c
    ride wk 2 hm- 54.22min, 11.2amph, 147mhr, 125ahr, 10.1mi = 452c 10mph winds!
    total cal 869
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Chris… you are a tease.

Breakfast – so I have tried a bunch of options, and ended up with my 5-6 day a week go to – it had to hold me 4 hours and be cheap, I have a very tight $$ budget so – 4 oz. non-fat plain yogurt, 100 grams of fresh or fresh frozen fruit – love berries when I can find them – and 1/3 cup of fiber one cereal.

Heather – the tulips are beautiful! What a wonderful tribute

Meg – I am sorry to hear that DD#1 acted that way, won’t it be interesting when she is a grandma…. Karma!

Pip - so glad you have nurse Kirby!!!! Take care.

DJ – could you do a diluted water and hot sauce in a spray bottle to spray where she licks and see if she’d stop?

Chris ---- WOWza!!! Glad about the job, so what will you be doing? How long is the commute? And so thrilled about BF (who should be HFBF -hunky French boy friend – LOL) I am so glad all is working for you!

Saffron Meadow – for me it was 6 lbs as the most lost in a month I have have lost every pound exactly the same way, log log log and walk everyday. And while it is boring and not sexy at all, it’s off to stay off and I am still slowly losing. This is the first time I feel like I can control this and do it the rest of my life, this is not a diet or a fad or a thing for a bit but my forever lifestyle.

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    Options
    well, had my first car contact in a long time coming home today. lucky for me, the truck had the fold in rear view mirror, cuz my shoulder folded it in for her.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Don't want to get too far behind. Just been very busy.

Mon I did the last segment of the Hot Body Boot camp DVD, held my plank for 2 min 50 sec and then took the extremepump class. Vince wanted to drop off a prescription at CVS so we left for bowling early. Went to senior bowling then to CVS. Home to make dinner, then ceramics. Didn't have mahjongg but went to the lady's house since she has a shredder that she's letting me borrow that's not a crosscut. I honestly didn't think anyone had one, but I put out a request for one on the Newcomer list and I was surprised how many people had one! Picked it up from her

Got newspapers from one of the lady's who runs the ceramics place, one guy who usually comes, the lady I borrowed the shredder from gave me her newspapers, and tomorrow she's supposed to bring to the Newcomer general meeting some newspapers from one of her neighbors.

I'm shredding the newspapers to use as filler for when we go to pick up the ceramics. the place in Titusville had such tiny pieces that it was just a real pain. I didn't tell her this, but that's why I'm shredding the newspapers. Since we didn't have Rummikub and Vince went shooting, I shredded.

Today I went to the neurologist and confirmed that assuming no more seizures, I can begin driving on Aug. 2. Yippee!!!!

Oh, I've been telling Vince for at least a month that I needed to go shopping for a dress for the wedding. He took me today. I bought a dress (not cheap, I only told him to take me this weekend so we could save money but he took me today) and called the lady who does seamstress work for me. It needs to be shortened and it has 3/4 length sleeves, I'd like cap sleeves. We're supposed to pick up the dress from the store tomorrow (so we'll save 25%) and then take it to her at 3:00. Vince wanted to go earlier, but she had things to do, and she's doing me a favor so I really don't feel we're in a position to dictate the time I take it to her. Had he taken me to the mall when I wanted to go (a month ago) we could have had this done. I also bought a pocketbook to go with this dress and one to go with the black dress that I have in case I needed to wear it.

Since we have a general meeting for the Newcomers tomorrow, I'm planning to do a step DVD at home.

Joyce - beautiful jewelry

Glo - good thoughts for your dh

Saffron - we're here for ya. You can do this, it may take time, but we'll be with you every step of the way

Carol - love those lighthouses. How tall are they? Where can I get them?

Penny - I'm so sorry you don't have a mother. I can barely remember mine

Heather - ((((hugs))))

Saffron - many times I make these mini quiches in a mini muffin tin and then grab one of those and go

Meg - my heart goes out to you. Of course, I didn't hear from Bryan at all. Nothing, not even when he'd like to Skype again (if he does)

Lenora - always love to see your posts. So informative

chris - so wonderful to read that PB had a change of heart! Your post sounds so wonderful!

Larisa - come here more often, don't just lurk. We want to see you!!! Congrats on winning!

For all you bakers out there (Kim) - The gal who has Mexican Train is going to be away for the next 2 months so one other gal asked if I'd host in June. Not a big deal. Here's the thing -- I have this Wilton cake mold of a train but the directions call for you to decorate it with these mini stars that you pipe on. I don't think I could do that. I've always had trouble with the pressure for the icing of the stars. Some would be bigger than others. Now I'm wondering ... Could I cover the cake with fondance and just paint the indentations (for the windows, wheels, etc)? Would fondant work?

Michele in NC
    who is sorry if she missed anyone
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Larisa good for you what an accomplishment!

Saffron Meadow most weight lost in a month...12 pounds but I'm 5'10.5", large boned & restricting calories & exercising will always get that result. It's continuing in a healthy way, the lifestyle change, that I'm concentrating on now...a pound a week is good but if it's less than that it's ok.

Enjoyed hearing the different breakfasts people eat. We go out for breakfast a lot so a poached egg, toast & fresh fruit cup is my usual and Fage total 0% yogurt with fruit is what I usually have if I'm home BUT now I'm going to add cereal to it. Thank you Kim from N Ca for that suggestion.

Just got home from Spring Town Meeting I know it's direct democracy but it's a long night!

GLo on the North Shore of Ma tired from all the democracy in action but thinking about those who are hurting or in harms way