Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Mighty - The dress has to be shortened and I've asked the lady to cut the sleeves so that they are more of a cap sleeve rather than a 3/4 length sleeve. To me, a cap sleeve would make it more "summery". I do have this crochet'd bolero-type thing that I guess I could wear over it if it's cool up there, but I don't think it will be that cool.

I really liked it when I saw it.

Michele
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Mighty - The dress has to be shortened and I've asked the lady to cut the sleeves so that they are more of a cap sleeve rather than a 3/4 length sleeve. To me, a cap sleeve would make it more "summery". I do have this crochet'd bolero-type thing that I guess I could wear over it if it's cool up there, but I don't think it will be that cool.

I really liked it when I saw it.

Michele

I think it will be adorable with cap sleeves. :sunglasses:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    janetr- yesterday i burned a total of 869 but on the ride home i did
    ride wk 2 hm- 54.22min, 11.2amph, 147mhr, 125ahr, 10.1mi = 452c that was with the car tap

I figured the "tongue lashing" surely added another few hundred calories burned. Ha!!!

Janetr okc
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,
    Karen – been there done that! Hang on and you will be ready to reset and all will be full sail ahead

Chris – you might even be the motivator for the new group!

Miriam – Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pip – so glad that the stars aligned and you were safe!

Heather – I get it about the chat, but so glad he wanted to do something special with you

Auroranae – great picture!

Michele – Katiebug’s note to me is really to you! LOL But the freezer thing does work, I am a great piped star maker, however the quantity of stars to cover a cake is thousands… for my nephew I have done blues clues, footballs, a steelers logo….

Michele – the shortening holds up better in any heat… The dress is pretty!

I have been working on a “project” my god kids mom and I were very close, but time has put huge gashes in our friendship, so for Christmas this year I invited her out to lunch 4 times once each quarter – hoping that we could begin to heal our relationship – so today was lunch #2…and for the second time I felt a bit insulted… I called her on the insult from last time at the beginning of this meal, as I wanted to have the conversation face to face – she told me my feelings were wrong… hun? I forced the conversation about how feelings are never wrong, maybe not expected, maybe based on wrong assumptions or understandings…but I felt the way I felt. Then near the end of the meal I said something else and was told that the problem in our relationship is that I am not good with words…. I must have looked like she slapped me (that was my feeling) and she added I’m not good either. I get the feeling that she thinks all is good, and I am having to drag myself to these things I scheduled…. I am seeing a shallow petty person who wishes she was the center of the universe; I’m not liking the person I am seeing.

I’ll be thinking about next meeting for a while, I am thinking I will bring up another incident that happened to hear her take on it, I am glad I am doing this as it is showing me that not being friends with this person is ok, and not my fault. Reading that over makes it sound weird, but I am learning to not doubt myself. When the last two are over, I will feel fine walking away.

Kim from N. California
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michele,you are right, I think that lovely dress would look better with shorter sleeves. And a white crocheted bolero jacket would look nice.

Thanks Allison for the info. I didn't drink from a straw for a week but I have been lately. I guess I need to change that. The technician puts this awful tasting stuff on it when I go in. It's a short piece of gauze infused with something. Since it was medicated gauze I asked her if it was iodiform and she said yes. She showed me the container and it said dry socket medication or something like that. It's real hard to keep it in there but I found that if I put a paper towel in the space and bite down and it pushes the packing back in place.

It is still raining, rumbling and lightening. During church we had numerous severe warnings including tornado but so far we are OK in Evansville. Unfortunately it hits the small towns which don't have the infrastructure that a larger city does. Our worse was last night in Mayfield Ky. Closer to us we hd F1 and F2 tornadoes. Another round is coming tomorrow. I have lucked out in that it rains when I am in the car or church and doesn't rain when I need to be out of the car. When I got home from church my cat came crawling out from under the bed. I feel for my daughter's animals. She has 3 dogs and one cat. Two of the dogs are in crates while she is gone. It sure would be interesting to see video of what happens in the house with the dog that isn't crated. Does he go to his 'brothers' that are crated? Is the cat even around. She could care less that there 3 big dogs in the house.

Aurora, what a nice 4 generation picture. The baby looks so content. I think every family should take the opportunity to get those pictures. It looks like it won't be any problems with your family though.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Rain rain go away and don't come back for several days
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Kim - I feel for you. I am struggling with my relationship with my old schoolfriend who is part of the old group of four. I do know I am not wrong about my feelings as my other friend feels the same way. Some of it is because I disapprove of her financial shenanigans, but some is just huge frustration with her manner. I would let go of her, but I have the two others to consider. I am not going on the latest trip in a couple of weeks' time and lied to get out of it. :embarassed:

Michele - I am not sure I know what shortening is! I always use just butter. It is a problem in the heat though, as Kim said.

I'm soon to go down for my hotel breakfast. Will stick to protein and tomatoes and mushrooms. And fruit. Too tempting!
    I have arranged to see my cancer friend at the station in London as I go through. We are meeting at 12.30 for lunch at Carluccio's, an Italian chain, but quite healthy. The restaurant is up in the award winning St Pancras upper section ( conversion of a famous Victorian arched roof) where the Eurostar goes from. (The under English Channel train) You get a nice view of the concourse and feel you are outside. :) I aim to catch the 15.09 back home from Waterloo.
    My friend is inclined to cancel at the last minute, so watch this space!

Love to all. Will put my face on for breakfast. :laugh:
    Heather UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Kim - I also did not make an arrangement to see a couple today who are old friends from university. Last year I found the woman's attitude to her husband very upsetting . She kept undermining and demeaning him. Can't be doing with that. It's sad when old friendships wear out, but life is too short. Some people in my life really do "spark joy".

Had a nice breakfast. Only afterwards did they tell me I could have had freshly poached eggs. Grrrrrr! :sad: That will be going in my Trip Advisor review. ;) I calculate roughly 430 calories. About 100 over my normal breakfast which is sugar free muesli and my DH's wonderful fruits. :D<3 I am contemplating taking the hotel biscuits with me for DH , but I fear eating them on the train, so I probably won't.

Love Heather UK
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Managed to avoid a binge last night, so pleased that I only went over by about 100 cals. When I got the urge I took everything edible over to sons house (next door), feeling a bit smug ! Another grey day, I might manage an hour cycle between showers. Have a good day everybody xx
    Steph x France
  • lhannon062709
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Now, the fear begins...that the sale won't go well, that it will go TOO well and I'll be forced to pick one job or the other. That the big items won't sell... that the friend who speaks Spanish won't show, and I'll be trying to cope with selling in a language I don't know... That the social media in town will diss the thing and tank it. 4 a.m. fears are the worst in some ways. No reassurance needed, honestly. It's part of my operating mode. Not being conceited, but my best is better than most, and if I can't make it work, then it may just not be workable. It will work, or it won't, but either way, there will be answers to questions as far as our future plans go.

The first paper went out, imperfect, but it's on the newsstands, and that's that. In early once more today to finish the web uploads, and a ribbon cutting at 10 a.m. Probably a hundred more things to price, and I'm done, just cleaning, cleaning, cleaning til Saturday morning when the doors open.

Lisa in West Texas
  • lhannon062709
    edited May 2016
    Options
    And on the subject of "friends" who are toxic, or family, for that matter, I just don't let them stay in my life. Not trying to seem brutal, but life is simply too long to spend it in the company of those who don't love us.

About three years ago, I wrote all the family secrets and hurts down and sent them to everybody. I couldn't bear it anymore, that burden, so I simply laid it down. They all reacted in their various manners, but it cleared my heart of all the cloudiness. I've rebuilt relationships with those who spark joy and left the rest to their own devices. If they come back with joy, I'll let them in, but otherwise, no. My sister and brother nearest in age are closer than ever. Losing that weight was better than any pounds I've ever lost.

And friends who hurt you are not your friends. Same reason. If you bring me joy, you can stay, but if you don't, you may find another soul to torture.

Off my soapbox, and off to work!

Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lisa - The people who I have trouble with love me. I just find them annoying. :laugh:

Oops! Ate the free, all butter Scottish shortbread biscuits from the trolley. >:):ohwell: It's logged, blast it.

Heather UK

PS - some old timers missing. Vicki and Beth amongst them.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    [

And friends who hurt you are not your friends. Same reason. If you bring me joy, you can stay, but if you don't, you may find another soul to torture

Love y'all,
    Lisa[/quote]
    Well said Lisa.

Chris in MA
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It is hard to let go of toxic friends or family. They are someone who knows our history, and who at one time were worthy of our time and attention and we hang on to that memory. I recently removed a toxic friend from my life. He had known me since '94, and supported me through some tough times. But he had become an angry, rigid man and it was not fun to be around him because every word said had to be measured as to whether it would set him off. It was really hard to do. I felt so much compassion for him, but I just no longer had time or energy that it took to be his friend (his ONLY friend he was so toxic). And I have to say that I am more relaxed and enjoy life more without his presence in it (mostly phone calls). I do occasionally think about him and wonder how he is doing. I don't want to call to find out- it would start it all over again- so I just say a prayer for him and let it go.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Heather I noticed missing them too. I miss Deedee on this site too.. :drinker: The woman from Mumbi. I forget how to spell her name. Mary. Cynthia. I do notice some come and go as they have time to read and post. Recently I have been mostly reading posts and posting very little because between work, gardening, and social life that's all I have had time for. This weekend will be busy. We are going to watch a friend perform in his singing group Friday night, Saturday we are going to a friend's 50th wedding anniversary party about an hour from here, and Sunday is the last Choir performance for the year (we sing at both services). I would prefer to just work in our garden all day long. We did get three days of rain so now the itch is even stronger.

:heart: Margaret
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Michell (and others), am I the only one who things the sleeves should be left as they are? But either way, it is a cute dress.

Kim, as I was reading Michelle's post just now, I was thinking, I thought it was Kim who asked about the cake decorating. Oh, well! It's what I get for skimming!

My right knee has been giving me fits. I've been popping Aleve and soldiering on, but I may need to get it evaluated. The weird thing is that the pain comes and goes. It seems to worse right after sitting for a prolonged period and at night. It is keeping me awake.

Time for the gym. Later, my friends.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Katie, I like the sleeves the way they are. The dress has a funky seventies vibe with them the way they are which I love! Also, try PT for your knee. It has really helped mine. When I have to sit for long periods, I straighten my leg every so often, so the joint isn't in one position. That seems to help with the knees, but my hips still hurt after sitting very long.