Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Food scale for the win! I just confirmed I'd been underestimating my cheese consumption by nearly half. Being on a ketogenic diet, cheese is a frequent snack/mini-meal for me, pre- or post-workout, and I've been so hungry lately...now I know why. Moar cheese! :smiley:
    Heh, me and my lil misadventures... :smirk:

Happy Thurday, Ladies! <3

Larisa
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Just got back from oral surgeon. Technician said the pain has gone on to long and doctor needed to see me. He said the tooth bed looks real nice and healed. Really examined the jaw where all the pain is when I eat. Really hurts now. The took a panoramic xray and he said I have severe osteoarthritis of the jaw! I had never had any pain until now. So he said to take 600 mg of Ibuprofin every 6 hours and a very soft diet and come back in 2 weeks. OK, now I have to digest all of that. Have no idea when all this happened. Husband had his tooth removed while I was in there and he did fine. Thank you Allison for letting me know that this is unusual.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well today should be interesting. Rec'd a call yesterday from the Navy recruiter, wishing an appointment to sit down and have a chat with us. To prepare us for Navy life, and all the endless questions we have. HAHAHAHA! So I have dusted the living room, especially the Chiefs shadowbox holding all of his medals. I have dusted the picture of husband and two sons in their uniforms. This recruiter will be surprised! Our last son that went in, you could cut the tension in the air with a knife, when the recruiter came to have a chat with us. He presented our son with a "early entry ID card", (to get onto the base nearby to do P.T. workouts with the early entry group). My son pulled out his dependent ID card and said, "I think this will work just fine".

Well my middle son rec'd a box out in the North China Sea, (his ship was the one denied entry to visit Hong Kong on the news). He loved the "Endangered Species" chocolate bar I sent him. He said is was probably the best chocolate bar he has ever had. If you go online the company does a lot of donating money to charities, and using products to benefit an area financially. And the chocolate is great too. The one I sent him was 72% cacao with mint. We always send him his two bottles of fruit punch Sobe', which he grew up on when he was in high school. He ordered a big box of them, but he has no place to store them, so we send him some every now and then. I think we are up to about 5 boxes so far.

Well my eldest son, active duty at Widbey Island in Washington state is getting a room mate. He said it was to keep his stuff safe when he has to deploy. My brain went to, "oh he has designated a person to steal his stuff". I told him while he is trusting this one guy, there is all those OTHER guys that scope out his place. I told him to listen to his instincts, but still lock his stuff in the spare room. And also lock his bedroom. His response, "well when I close the door to my bedroom it gets really stuffy". *big sigh* I said what do you want a stuffy room or an empty room when you are cleaned out. He said I am just being Mom... I told him he needs rules like no one upstairs, no one sleeping over, but really how do you regulate that kind of behavior? The new guy is on the lease too. The new guy is young and his mom came over to help decorate the bathroom upstairs that is his. That is a good sign I suppose. I am still worried all of his stuff will get stolen. The new guys job is that he works at a moving company that deals with military moves. I suppose he has seen a lot of peoples' stuff, but I am still leery.

I have gained a lb. which is frustrating. Definitely have stopped this downward trend I was on. The fact that I am doing and getting for husband, and my life is a bit more AMPED than normal, is probably the reason. I feel less excited to fix one of my amazing meals than I did before. Why IS that? Maybe I am resenting the fact that my life has gone back to being more of a caretaker then mate, and I am not sure how to deal with that. I recognize the fact that this is so different than before, but I still have to conscientiously remind myself that he WILL get better, he isn't going to die from a cracked knee cap. It sounds silly to type that.

Well need to dash. (((((hugs)))) friends!
    Some great sayings:

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain.

Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail.

Becca
    Oregon
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Larisa ~ I had to look up the ketogenic diet. Wow!

Joyce ~ I'm so sorry you have had to go through so much pain. I've never heard of arthritis in the jaw.

Terri ~ Glad to hear from you.

Heather ~ Sounds like you had a good day. DH is so kind to cook for you. <3

Chris ~ Your BF sounds like a keeper. Hope it continues to work out.

My son and I ended up not going out for Chinese but went to a fast food Mexican (Moe's) restaurant where a former co-worker of his is the manager. Had a taco which wasn't so bad but they also gave you a side of fried nacho chips. Calorie count for those was way too high and I ate all of mine. :'( Good thing was his friend comped the meal!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ Hang in there!
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Larisa ~ I had to look up the ketogenic diet. Wow!

It controls epilepsy...or in my case, post-head-injury migraines. :smile:

I miss fruit though. I mostly can have berries, cherries, and kumquats...but I do love apples and watermelon and cantaloupe. And the myth that ketosis means you can eat as much as you want and still lose weight? Hah.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kim - so TERRIFIC to hear from you and I needed those hugs, been going thru withdrawal. Glad all is good with you and yours.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,272 Member
    Options
    Becca - I think you have nailed it! You are angry at being thrust back into the caretaking role again after all this time. It must feel scary too. No wonder you are stuffing it down with food! Believe me I know how that works. :flowerforyou: Good for you for identifying those feelings.
    I over ate today, partly through tiredness, but also through that feeling of "I've blown it so I might as well." A few years ago it might have been worse. Tomorrow is another day. :)

Joyce - sorry you had that diagnosis. Sounds a bit sudden. Second opinion?

Tired now. Just watched an inspiring programme about the choir of ex service people at the Invictus Games. Very tearful. Now to bed. Three weeks on Saturday until my cruise. Got to get those pesky two pounds off. :#

Love Heather UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ljdw99: I had fun with the weight loss simulator. I changed hair color a few times and picked the outfit for me. It was fun. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:

Michelle: Beautiful dress! :heart:

Margaret: DeeDee is doing great. She posts to the News Feed regularly. I think Vicki may be there, too, but I'm not sure. :flowerforyou:

Becca: :star:

DD is off to the Oregon Zoo with a friend. She is meeting him at the zoo and has taken the DGC with her so we have a chance to relax and unwind a bit. I am thrilled to have a day that includes rest. I love my daughter and the kids, but they take a lot of energy. Eest is welcome!

Have a great day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Prov31Wife1981
    Prov31Wife1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. I will be turning 52 on the 18th. Last time I did this I lost 47 pounds. I've since gained it back. Want to do it for good this time. Would love have some friends. I know it makes the journey easier and a lot more fun.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Joyce, I never had any knee pain until I tore my meniscus. That is when I found out that I had bone on bone arthritis in my knee. The surgeon said that it was not uncommon to have no pain until something happens that causes inflammation in the area. That somehow triggers your body or brain to recognize that you have pain there. Looking back, I realized that I had occasional soreness from overdoing it, but thought it was muscular.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lost my last post. Need to vent

A colleague at work has made a very big mistake that may cost her her job. The tension is so very high. I am stressed out over it. I have nothing to do with it but she is turning to me for support and counsel. She made a big mistake and I don't think she can cover it up with lies which is what she did today. I am STRESSED. Is this guilt. Guilt by association. Or just frustration that she would do something sooooo stupid and then lie about it.

Yikes. Karen from ny
  • Prov31Wife1981
    Prov31Wife1981 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Miriamwithcats I have the same problem. I had lost 47 pounds and felt great so I did my one and only 5k with some family. (It was a Color Me Rad race so it was super fun) half way through my knee started hurting and by the end it was really hurting. (still ran across the finish line). Went to see an ortho. Bone on bone. And he said it had been that way for awhile. He also says I am a ways out from surgery. Just anti inflamatories and glucosamine for know. But the part I hate is that now my knee doesn't straighten out all the way and I can no longer hike or walk on the beach without pain.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Heather - it is hard to eat that way. Although I love a big breakfast I'm usually satisfied with a small lunch so I can have a big supper. I'm surprising myself with the small supper. This week I'm eating cottage cheese and rhubarb which is more filling than I expected. Since baseball games didn't start yet I go to bed early so less chance of "cheating ". Hopefully this will push me over my plateau

Hugs! Terri in Milwaukee
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    :) cut grass 2 days in a row. If the rain holds off, then on Friday I can weed-wack and edge.
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    ih7sdytbmgpd.jpg

My waterfall is turned on for the season! <3

They finished building it in late October of last year, 2 days before a hard freeze, so the pump was pulled after only a day and the tank drained - winterizing.

We have now passed our frost free date and today the last of my special order shrubs and prennials arrived. I'll be digging holes like a crazed gopher for the next week or so. I have no doubt many more plants will be added as the summer progresses. The starry leafed plants in the background are mountain lupines of all colors and they are gorgious when they are in bloom!

Charleen in Colordo (How fast can holes be dug if a gopher had good knees?) :D
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Saw my PCP today. Visit went well. Weight stayed the same (sigh!), white count up to 6, cholesterol good, BP good. White count coming up is probably a good sign that the sarcoidosis in my bone marrow is not active, so that makes me happy. Have to go in for DXA scan since I take so much prednisone. Beautiful day here today so have been working outside. Horses are loving it.

Terri - Good to see your posts.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA