WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2016

Options

Replies

• MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Lost my last post. Need to vent

A colleague at work has made a very big mistake that may cost her her job. The tension is so very high. I am stressed out over it. I have nothing to do with it but she is turning to me for support and counsel. She made a big mistake and I don't think she can cover it up with lies which is what she did today. I am STRESSED. Is this guilt. Guilt by association. Or just frustration that she would do something sooooo stupid and then lie about it.

Yikes. Karen from ny

Both seem like understandable responses. Yikes, indeed!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Charleen, I love the waterfall. I love the sound of one, so tranquil.

Heather, yes, I will be talking to my family doc about it. I am also seeing my own dentist. I take enough medicines, I may need a long term arthritis for this.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    sisslayne wrote: »
    Hi,, I'm Sissy... How do I join this group?? Just jumping in where I can!!

smiley-signs046.gif Hi Sissy, you joined just by posting but if you want to feel like part of the community, please come back often and join the conversation....tell us about yourself and respond to what others have said or tell us how things are going on your weight loss journey. We'd love to have you with us regularly.

sisslayne wrote: »
    I turned 51 in Jan.. trying to lose 100pnds one day at a time. Currently njoy doing Zumba, 3 days a week and now adding ripped into it. Total weight loss so far has been around 50pounds... slowly melting off but I'm so much happier, feel & look better.

:) I love to dance so I go to line dance classes three days a week and do strength training at least twice a week along with walking my dogs every day.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a Bob Harper DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Horizontal Conditioning DVD. I remember these are quite challenging.

This morning went to the dentist. vince wasn't so happy about having to go so early. then went to volunteer at the Green Room. Came out and went to Lynette's office while Vince went to get money from the ATM. Came home then went and got my hair cut (yea!) and colored (double yea!). Then went to Bi-Lo just for the items on sale.

Had dinner, shredded more newspaper. Now on here. Where IS the day going to? Oh, made some more of the cauliflower calzones. They have good flavor, I just can't quite figure out how to make it so that they fold over and don't break. then cut up strawberries and have them in the freezer, put some blueberries in the freezer.

Kim - I did get a thing of shortening at the store yesterday, it was only $1.50. If I need to use some for icing, I figure I can donate the rest. I'm really not crazy at all about using shortening.

Seems the lady who is altering my dress also goes to the same hairdresser! she evidentally was there yesterday.

Joyce - stay safe

Heather - do they have lard over there? shortening is like a butter but is more processed so it is more stable and won't melt as quickly as butter.

Found the business card from the guy who did the landscaping that I was so disappointed in. the card says that he does "light landscaping". Guess what we needed done was really out of his scope. Why didn't he be honest and tell me that it was just too much for him rather than making me be disappointed?

katie - hope you feel better fast

Woke up early today. I don't now what it is, but being on this Lamictal I seem to get up quite often before the alarm goes off

Lillian - SNOW????

Jamie - lovely family

DJ - don't you just feel so good when someone notices you aren't at exercise classes and sends you a note asking how you are? I know that we were encouraged to do that with our members at the Y when I worked there. Down here they don't do that. Well, only one lady did, and they fired her. Why, I don't know. She's the kind of employee the Y looks for. Love your graphics. Congrats on the great labs!

Sissy - you joined by posting! Welcome! Congrats on the loss!

Becca - a friend gave me some of the Endangered Species (actually, I bought it from her) and it IS very good.

Prov - welcome and happy early birthday!

Charleen - I love to just float in the pool and listen to the waterfall. To me, that is just SOO relaxing.

Supposed to go for an MRI tomorrow on my ear. I have a feeling there is nothing there, just the hearing loss. Afterwards, if it's good weather, we'll probably cut the grass.

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I'm 61. I have a lot of weight to lose. Mind if I join you?
    Karen in VA
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I'm 61. I have a lot of weight to lose. Mind if I join you?
    Karen in VA

smiley-signs046.gif Hi Karen, you have come to the right place...there are many of us with a lot of weight to lose, many who have lost a lot of the weight they want to lose, and others who have lost all the weight they want to lose and are focused on not gaining it back...tell us more about yourself and come back regularly.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 9.57min, 17.6amph, 150mhr, 2.9mi = 121c
    OTHER- PHYSICAL THERAPY @ gym- 40min, 7 stretches, 113mhr, 1 set of 20 some w/5lb weights = 141c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.51min, 14.3amph, 137mhr, 1.4mi = 72c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.03min, 141mhr, 8.4amph, windy, 2.6mi = 180c
    total cal 514
  • pipcd34
    Options
    took it easy today, i just didn't have it in me to ride home.
  • SaffronMeadow2
    SaffronMeadow2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Last night I got together with some friends... at a restaurant. I think I did pretty good, though. I had one light beer and an order of peel and eat shrimp. Stepped on the scale this morning and I didn't lose any weight... but I didn't GAIN any either, so that's a plus.
  • SaffronMeadow2
    SaffronMeadow2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The pretty yellow dress reminds me of my motivational dress. Have any of you ever had a motivational dress? I gained a ton of weight when I was pregnant the first time. After I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, I started a diet. Step One was ordering a little black halter dress from an Avon catalog (does Avon still sell clothes?). I ordered it in a Size Small. The first few weeks after I started my diet, I couldn't fit into the dress at all. A couple months passed and I was able to get it on but it was uncomfortably tight. Another couple months and I not only could fit into the dress, I ROCKED it. Somehow that dress hanging in the closet gave me the motivation to lose the weight I needed to!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Way too many posts to catch up but I thought I'd at least check in.

Tomorrow is our 38th wedding anniversary. I'll start out the day with exercise so I can enjoy the fancy meal that is sure to come tomorrow night. :smiley:

Marcelyn in Houston
  • barbiecat
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    23,000 steps
    234 minutes of dog walking
    45 minutes riding the exercise bike
    two line dance classes

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

Thank you for the welcome, Barbie!

I am 61 and female. I have 100lbs to lose. 4 years ago I lost almost that much on a medically supervised diet. I have lost weight twice prior to that time on Weight Watchers. I accomplished two other significant weight losses on my own. The last time, I said it was the "last time" I was going to go through this cycle, but here I am again! I have gone back to my weight loss doctor. He is excellent. We discussed maintenance at the very first visit! This may seem nuts, but it is always where I fall down. While it is difficult to lose weight, I have successfully done it on numerous occasions. I suck at maintenance. I have had a MFP account for a long time but recently returned.

My goals are:

1) Lose 100 lbs, which will put me at a healthy BMI.
    2) Lower my BP which is upper limits of normal
    3) Change my relationship with food
    4) Get rid of clutter in my home and my mind
    5) Trade procrastination for a proactive approach to life

I am not sure just yet how I am going to accomplish all of that, so I will start with the following:

1) Continue to weigh, measure, and log every bite.
    2) Make a follow up appointment with my doctor before I leave the office.
    3) Increase aerobic and strength training from 4 hours per week to 6.
    4) Spend at least 30 minutes each day going through mail and clearing existing clutter in my home.
    5) Limit screen time to 90 minutes per day (including TV and computer time).
    6) Check in on this thread frequently for support and inspiration

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Karen from Virginia

• pipcd34
    Options
  • dotsgal1
    dotsgal1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 55 and also have a lot of weight to lose. I'm new here (3 days so far) and instead of focusing on the many pounds that I need to lose to get to my goal weight, I'm taking it one step at a time on this journey called life! This month, I'm trying to be mindful again. Mindful of every taste, bite, lick, etc., mindful of how much or how little I move, mindful of living life to the fullest!

I recently moved to Florida from Virginia. I hope to become friends with many and offer my support. I am sure I'll need support too.

Glad to be here. Good luck to everyone!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

MicheleNC, very pretty dress. I do hope you’ll post a picture of you wearing it.

Heather, I laughed at you not wanting to take a biscuit to DH for fear of eating it on the train. I’d feel the same way. Some things are just harder to resist than others.eating-cookie.gif

Lisa, I can just hear you in the middle of the night with that mind going a mile a minute. Yacking at yourself like crazy. And I agree that people with too much drama or negativity just don’t have a place in my life at this point. I have a wonderful life and am enjoying it without those people around.

Kay, I think the dress will look fine with cap sleeves but I would have never considered changing it. I think that is mainly because I like my arms covered a bit plus you never know when it will be cold in a building.

Janetr, sorry you are wanting to eat at night. I have been that way lately and even during the day. I know I’m not hungry but want to eat!!! Great going on those exercises!!! Keep it up.

Terri, glad you came in to say hi. Hope you are doing well even though so busy.

Heather, it sounds like a lovely day and so glad you got to meet with your cancer friend. I’m sure you got a bit of exercise dragging the suitcase around.

Allie, omg you are always on the go and getting things done. I wish I had 1/10th the energy.

Sisslayne, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us a little more about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start so come often and join right in.

Joyce, so sorry for your problems. smiley-sick011.gif Good grief! My friend that recently had the hip surgery had never had any problems until one day, “boom” and her hip was killing her. So I guess it can sneak up on us.

Charleen, the waterfall and garden are wonderful. I hope you have many hours of enjoyment from them. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Sue, glad you had all good numbers from the doctor. Aren’t those visits nice?

KarenVA, welcome. This is a great place if you want to lose weight and keep it off. Tell us about yourself and come often.

Marcelyn, Happy Anniversary!! I hope you celebrate in style, whatever that is for you.

Dotsgal, welcome. We are happy to have you join us and you will find lots of friends here. Please sign your posts with the name you want to be called.
    m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Gosh I am staying really busy between my work on the HOA Board and chairing a committee for the Women of the Moose. Hopefully the Moose will slow down after a couple of months and maybe the HOA will too but not sure yet. I am caught up here again for the moment so that is one thing accomplished today. I’ve also had a ton of phone calls to make along with numerous emails to answer. I am ready for bed.
    I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The pretty yellow dress reminds me of my motivational dress. Have any of you ever had a motivational dress? I gained a ton of weight when I was pregnant the first time. After I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, I started a diet. Step One was ordering a little black halter dress from an Avon catalog (does Avon still sell clothes?). I ordered it in a Size Small. The first few weeks after I started my diet, I couldn't fit into the dress at all. A couple months passed and I was able to get it on but it was uncomfortably tight. Another couple months and I not only could fit into the dress, I ROCKED it. Somehow that dress hanging in the closet gave me the motivation to lose the weight I needed to!

Nice. I had the the black dress that motivated me. Still have the dress still fits. Keeps me on track with maintenance.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    To all you ladies here, thanks for helping to make my journey more beautiful <3a5chuml4tcxu.jpg
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Karen from Virginia - It doesn't sound weird at all, maintaining is THE hardest part for sure. That's why you are in the right place. This is a life time journey, not a diet. By the way, I tell everyone that I've lost 1500 lbs. They look at me in shock. I laugh and say I'm sure it adds up to that much over my life time.

Welcome.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited May 2016
    Options

My motivational clothes is a pair of nice black slacks. I wore them to my nieces wedding with a suede jacket two and a half years ago. They are a size 24. I now wear a 10 or 12 in slacks. Once in a while I get them out and put them on just to remind myself that I am NEVER going there again. Thanks for the reminder :)

Janetr OKC