Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I really need to get to this site more often - so much to read, so much going on.... I would love to add my exciting life..however my life is work and home.. home & work...work & home! Now I am not complaining... I have my health.. I have a job that is 'ok'...or maybe even better than OK.... good work location, good people... and it is good for me!! Good for me in so many ways....mentally...physically....emotionally... and of course financially!

Hugs and love to everyone! :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    PamelaJune you are a breath of fresh air today. We need all the sunshine and good news too. It keeps us balanced. Thanks for sharing. Where are you from?

Janetr okc
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Pip and Miriam in telling me about the situations in your own life/marriage. Yes I am aware that it will help enhance his life in the end. As a nurse I just worry about surgery and immediate recovery. I worry the anesthesia will bother his irregular heart beat But at least that will allow him to be in t he hospital longer and recover there. I worry that his Parkinson's will affect his ability to care for himself as the disease progresses. I called the surgeons office today because we were told they would call us yesterday. She said he is waiting to get the biopsy result before having him come in for the consult. Well that in itself helped me. I was afraid they would just schedule his surgery and not have a consult to talk to us. But I sure wish communication would have been better.

OK, my appointment today. I saw the nurse practitioner. She was quite baffled in that I didn't have the shortness of breath and problems with my lungs. So she consulted with my PCP. Had a couple of lab tests done and a chest xray. She also started me on Lasix. Now I was told by my cardiologist NO water pills. So this is jsut a one month prescription. I am to take my Blood pressure daily for a week and then see her again.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ALMOST made it to 1k, if i had only known!
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.45min, 15.1amph, 150mhr, 2.9mi = 122c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 20min, 5.3flpmin, 107fl, 896ft, 202aw, 130ahr, 151mhr = 186c
    SKI MACHINE- 13min, 132mhr, .78mi, incl6, 15resist = 132c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.02min, 16.9amph, 139mhr, 1.4mi = 58c
    ride dome 2 hm- 48.25min, 12.5amph, 135ahr, 155mhr, 10.1mi = 483c
    total cal 981
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    XO
    Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    18,000 steps
    199 minutes of dog walking
    53 minutes riding the exercise bike
    76 minutes garden puttering
    30 minutes weight training with dumbbells

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hurt my shoulder today. Kind of worried about this one. Have had shoulder pain before but this is different. Hope I did not push myself at the gym to hard. Was pretty angry and emotionally upset when I went. So I know I pushed myself hard. Gym normally will make me feel better for a couple hours. Hopefully I did not do anything stupid.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hurt my shoulder today. Kind of worried about this one. Have had shoulder pain before but this is different. Hope I did not push myself at the gym to hard. Was pretty angry and emotionally upset when I went. So I know I pushed myself hard. Gym normally will make me feel better for a couple hours. Hopefully I did not do anything stupid.

Anne from Wisconsin

Fingers crossed for you! Have you taken and anti-inflammatory? Ginger tea, maybe? and don't be afraid to ice it. (hugs)
    Larisa in Seattle
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I had to make a tough decision today. Our family is real bad about making Christmas plans until late fall. We know it is always after DEc 25th but some years we have to decide which Saturday it is. This year the Saturday after Christmas is New Years eve. We have 3 people in our family that are waitresses and that is a bad day to ask off. So we have been talking about that. Then my sister in law, wife of my youngest brother drops a big bomb and says there will be 2 more this year. This is the family that has 2 boys that when they were growing up had the whole alphabet soup of different mental problems, ADD, ADHD, ODO just to name a few. In mental health hospitals many times and the youngest one in 'boot camps' that were court ordered. Well he is finally a legal adult and like his older brother started straightening up. His brother was a drug addict when he left the home, 'fell in love' and they had 3 babies. She wasn't the finest species of women. She was a name that I normally do not put in my vocabulary. The last year they were together she said she was sick and couldn't come up for Christmas. When he got back home he finds out that she had planned the whole 'sickness' so she could have a long weekend with another man. If the kids were to noisy when men were over she would put them in her own closet and make them stay there until the lovemaking was over. So they broke up and she went from man to man still having joint custody of the girls. Well my nephew decided he wants to work on his relationship with her. I guess they 'worked' on it. When those two 'get together' it is explosive. So now baby number 4 is on the way. So she and baby will be here. Then younger brother is bringing his fiance'.

Last year with 6 little ones 4 and under in my family room it was hectic. My SIL has many physical problems and my stairs are hard on her. WE did rent a place for the meal and then came back to our house for gits and several of them stayed the rest of the afternoon and evening. We 2 recliners, one love seat that is 2 recliners and the couch has 2 recliners and then 2 comfy rocking chairs. So plenty of nice seating. So now we will have our whole Christmas at this rented place just folding chairs and round tables. Plenty of room but no personalization. No Christmas tree, no where to hang stockings, no carpeted floor for little kids to play on or adults who don't have seats to sit on. I am not happy about this but know that change has to come sometimes. I'm not happy about this ****** girl here but at least she won't be in my house. I won't ahve to worry about the one who is 19 stealing my jewelry. So there are some positives.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept well and woke up at 4, have a load of laundry in the dryer already.the boys and I are hanging out, then I have to stop at grocery store and pick up thing for a couple of residents down at nursing home.Go feed DFIL and then come home and sweep and wash the floors
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I slept well, too, Allie! Woke up at 4:30 instead of 3:30 for the first time in a week, feel like I can move mountains today... which is a good thing, since it's press day. One thing I'm doing that's helping (I think) is taking a multi-vitamin at night and in the morning... the piece of the stomach that absorbs iron in the stomach is bypassed when you have a gastric bypass, so it's something I have to be careful of. And I think mine was getting a little low. It's a careful balance to strike, but I can usually feel when I'm off-kilter, and I have been TOO tired of late, more so than my admittedly busy schedule would account for. But, it might just be the sleep, too. :wink:

Off to the races...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi all!
    Joyce - You can always personalize the rented place a bit. A couple of rugs for the little ones and a small ready lit and decorated tree. I know, as women and hosts, we always worry, but maybe it's time to sit back and let the younger ones take over. You've got enough on your plate. :flowerforyou:

DH tried on his suits last night for the cruise. Unfortunately it woke up his anxiety about the holiday. As some of you will remember I had originally planned to go on my own and was ready to book when he said he would come with me. He doesn't like boats, or the cold, or crowds of people, or being "cooped up", or formal evenings and getting into a suit and tie. In fact, there's nothing much that he likes about it at all, apart from looking at nature. So, he was awake a lot of the night.
    For those who don't know, he suffers, from time to time, from acute anxiety, often about travelling. I am hoping this is not going to be one of those times. :ohwell:
    In some ways I wish I were going on my own, but I believe he will be OK when he gets there. It's the fear of the unknown. Neither of us has been on a cruise before as it is not really our thing - we are the least "clubbable" people you could possibly imagine. I only wanted to go because I thought it would be the easiest way to see the High Arctic. If I'd known I could just fly up to see Penny I might have done it differently. :laugh: However, everyone does seem to love it, so I'm hoping we will settle in.

Sorry to chatter on when there are worse problems in the world. We have spent a huge amount of money on this cruise and I hope he is not going to take the pleasure out of it. :*

BP test today. Then I'm going to pop in to see my friend.

Grocery delivery today. They rang us this morning, in the middle of my exercises, to say they only had 4 bottles of the pastis. That's OK, but they promised to bring the other 8 before we go away. I'm expecting the delivery any moment.

Love to all. Heather UK
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    :star:
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps -

jmkmomm- sorry to hear about your upcoming xmas plans, you are right, there are positives in that situation.