Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Had my Medicare wellness meeting with the PA today. I have a DXA scan scheduled for next week because of the prednisone and the anti-reflux meds I am on. Also have a PT consult since I am experiencing a slight instability with the left knee. They will also work on pelvic floor strengthening. Did you know there are PTs who specialize and get extra training for women's issues? This will be interesting. Also got my pneumonia poke, probably a good thing for someone with lung problems.

Kim - You need to come visit during blackberry season. You can pick as many as you want. DD and I made freezer jam twice and froze two quart bags and we barely touched what is out there. They are just starting to bloom now.

Joyce - Good thoughts and prayers for you and Charlie.

Barbie - Thanks for the update on Mary.

Heather - Hope DH will be able to relax and enjoy the cruise.

Janetr - Love the visual and I agree.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Nancy. I just joined MFP 2 days ago and would like to join your group here. I'm 57, live in a rural area in Michigan and have quite a few health problems. I have a lot of weight to lose. I won't be able to keep pace with all of you, you all sound quite active. If you know of a group that suits me better, please let me know.

I suspect we're a good fit for you, but we are definitely chatty. You don't always have to respond to everyone. It is okay to share how you're doing with your weight or with your life, and to respond to the posts that interest you. You can expect LOTS of good advice. :flowerforyou:
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
    total stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.52min, 14.8amph, 137mhr, 2.9mi = 106c
    SPIN- 40min, 77ar, 75aw, 9-13g, 117ahr, 140mhr, 9.7mi = 295c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.25min, 13.1amph, 142mhr, 1.4mi = 74c
    ride wk 2 hm- 57.58min, 10.2amph, 120ahr, 151mhr, 10.1mi, 10mph WINDS, felt like 15!! = 460c
    total cal 935

damn wind!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    21,000 steps
    314 minutes of dog walking
    75 minutes riding the exercise bike
    30 minutes garden puttering
    line dance class

• oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Nikion - breathe!! it might be worth fixing it... as it is a beautiful late spring day in CA

Nah ... it's not so nice out here in WNY today ... kind of raw outside ... but just wait a little while and it will change.
    Today, I'd much rather wallow in the skitshitty mood that's grown up around me today. If there was a camera that could photograph the aura around me today it would be dark gray and stormy, with a whiff of sulfur in it.
    I hope you are feeling better today! I live in the Rochester area and I think the weather might be finally on the upswing so maybe your mood will get better. I think most of us on here can relate to bad moods--I know I can! Hang in there...
    Got two rhododendron plants today and cleared a space for them...next step is holes. I have been resisting buying any because I don't want them to be eaten by deer but I love them so much and decided on two as an experiment. Wish me luck! Maybe I will throw some netting over them in the beginning.
    I am really trying to get exercise in and not going over on food very often but feel like I am stagnating--very frustrating.
    Betty ROC

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Pip gets cranky riding home in the wind. Sorry :s<3

Janetr okc - ps guess I was confused, I thot you liked it. Ha!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Looking for energy to do something.... anything.... Second day after working 5 12 hr shifts ( yesterday was a sleep day). Got a trailer hitch and bike rack put on the back of my new van. Hopefully that will encourage me to get back to bike riding.
    Love reading all the posts!!

Karen in BC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Surgeons office called today and wants to see us tomorrow. This scares me a little. But as a little 4 year old said tonight at church 'it will be OK'. The things we can learn from a little child.

Kim, I was wondering about Sylvia also. She had been such a dynamic member of our group and I not only miss her posts and wonderful family but worried about her health.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi!
    Wedding madness & stress. Why oh why didn't they elope...
    Have a good day!

Karen in Virginia
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Megblair1 – Yes, to come off Dilantin you have to be ‘weaned off’ it. It takes time to build up in your body; and, needs time to get out of it. My Neurologist (one in the practice actually moved, so I got her replacement) … tried to do so 3x; each time she did and got me down to 135mg in my system; I had a seizure. After that she left me at 200mg and said she’d only take me off it, if it proved to not be working for me. I have not had an EEG since I first started going to her 4 or 5 years ago. So I don’t know what to expect when I go to the ‘new’ Neurologist. I’m going to ask if he will do an EEG; I need to know if I am still having small seizures. Need to find out what else might be going on in that ‘pea-picking brain’ of mine … if they can tell. My head hurt so bad the Monday before I had this seizure on Thursday that I would have sworn I was having a ‘stroke’ (although I don’t know what that feels like). I just know that it hurt like somebody had taken a baseball bat to my head and beat me senseless. Not so bad on Tuesday, got bad again on Wednesday. I took 2 Max-Alt, 2 ½ Skelexin (muscles relaxant), 2 Advil Migraine strength and ½ Norco (twice). Just to be able to get to sleep. I’m not a pain medication person, if I can help it. I think I literally cried myself to sleep.

Janetr – Growing UP takes longer.

Kim from N. California – Funny about “BF”. Yes, it is ‘best friend’; but, DH and I do ‘kid around’ about ‘the girl at the picnic’ a lot. This is a comment he makes, especially when something or someone is ‘stressing him out’. They will say something and he will say, ‘that’s what the girl at the picnic said’. Usually it is something that ‘if’ you thought about it, could be taken in a ‘sexual manner’. When he says it more than twice, I look around at who is standing nearby. Usually, it is our DDnL#1. Long story; but, that is when I try to get him ‘inside’ or her to go ‘home’. Usually, bringing up anything about ‘sex’ will ‘empty our house of others’. WTI is what they say. How did they ‘think’ they got here? Immaculate Conception? NOT!

I guess now that I have turned 65; I will get that ‘wellness check-up’ when I go for my ‘yearly physical’. At this point, if Bill gives me 3 words to remember; not so sure I will be able to. Rattled my brain around on 3rd when I had a ‘wreck’; and, then again on the 12th when I had a ‘seizure’. Not considered caused by wreck since I have had a seizure disorder for in excess of 10 years. Will be talking to MD about whether the Dilantin is still working for me as it should.

I got my laptop back; and, all set up to work; but, I don’t think that my Outlook 2013 email program is working correctly. There are a few things I want the Tech 2 Us technicians to ‘tweak’ on it so that it will work the way my desktop works.

Lenora
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Wedding madness & stress. Why oh why didn't they elope...
    Have a good day!

Karen in Virginia

Hahah I wanted to elope, back in the day. My dad was completely for it. My mom was adamant against.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    My Dad told each of his 'soon-to-be' sons-in-law; that he would give them the $$$ it costs to put on a wedding and put the ladder up against the house. BUT, he would not have really wanted us to 'elope' ... he 'enjoyed' being the 2nd/3rd in line of being 'the most important person in the wedding party'. When he gave me away, he cried. Actually, he had about one too many and I told him that 'if he was drunk' - I'd get my uncle (his brother) to 'give me away'. He knew that I meant it, so he stopped drinking that morning. When both of my sons got married, we did not do anything towards their reception(s). We did take the family out to eat the night before; but, that was it.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    By the time both my girls wedding day came around I was about ready for them to elope but those weddings were so wonderful I still treasure them. even the one who is divorced. My girls showed their maturity and I was so proud of them and so proud to see my husband so proudly walk them down the aisle. He didn't have any problems with our oldest but when our youngest got married he forgot those words 'her Mother and I'. I had to kick him a little bit to let him know it was his turn.

My labs and xray came up today on my patient portal. Was pleasantly surprised that I blood sugar was 97 and that was non fasting!!!! Was no surprise to see that my blood sodium level was low. The one test that was way high was a BNP. I had no idea what it was when she said she was going to order it. It was 178 and normal was 0-100. So after I got home from church I finally looked it up. It is a test for heart failure :o Then my chest xray showed pneumonia. OK now. Aren't we just having fun. Charlie says we really need to move into a smaller house, ranch style. I would have to hire some one to pack up this house and move us. Plus there are so many things that need repaired. Well the first thing is that there is a negative curb appeal. Not just a boring one but negative.

Surgeon's office called today and we have a 1 PM consult tomorrow. Am glad tto get it going but dreading it also. Plus I don't like it that we got an appointment so early. Can you tell I am a bit apprehensive about us right now.

We had the annual program highlighting what the different children's programs have been doing the past year since they are now over until school starts. Several of the kids were able to talk and tell us what they had been doing. One little boy, 4 years old, always kept on saying to his teachers throughout the year that 'it will be OK' whenever something would happen in the class. Out of the mouths of babes. It really made me feel so much better just listening to those kids. I see such hope in our future. Then a good choir practice.

Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,353 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Joyce - Sending big hugs and loving thoughts for the consults and all your medical issues. We are with you in spirit. <3<3<3

Yes, thinking of Sylvia and Beth. :o

Welcome new ladies! :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: I don't blame you for being apprehensive. We've gone through a lot of health issues with DH's situation in the past few years, and I was seriously stressed out before he had surgery on his lower back almost two years ago. It took time, but he's doing better now and as a result, so am I. You are both in my thoughts & prayers. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    got about 8 hrs sleep which is good..and am up...have a load of laundry in the wash today is bedding day...I will go up to dads today and try and get things finished up as they will be here late on June 1st.. super excited that they will finally be home... Sean and Jean are going back and forth about going to New Hampshire..Sean does not want me having the responsibilty of taking care of mom and dog, and Jean just wants me to stay there with her....and the dog...so I will wait and see what happens