Thanks, DJ; I love this!
    Larisa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well I don't suggest getting back to wonderland the way I am doing it but I am getting back there. I started my water pill weighing 219.8. I am now 206.

I can't remember who it was that sent me the link to 5 wishes. Can that just be printed off and filled in later or does it have to be filled out and then printed?

So, so tired today. I wish it was time for supper so I could get ready for bed. A nap just makes getting to sleep all the more harder. I go to bed at about 1:30 with my Ambien in my system and by looking at my sleep status on my fitbit it takes about 2-3 hours to get to sleep and it is a restless sleep.

Joyce, Indiana
  • anniespruce
    anniespruce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You guys are hard to keep up with! My work life is such that I'm mentally drained by the time I get home during the week and after daily chores I don't do anything except sit quietly and read and usually have a 1940 movie on in the background. I'm a classic film buff. I never watch anything older than 1960 except I do watch my only tv series - the Andy Griffith show :^). I mean there's great movies after 1960, of course, one or two a year, but by then many of the movies were reflecting the vietnam/hippie clash/love culture/peter pan guys old enough to know better trying desperately to be "cool;" so many of them are just lame. Except Jane Austin. I love Jane Austin movies from any period.

Weigh in today! I lost 3.5 lbs since last Saturday. My granddaughter was so disappointed - 1st day of her period and she gained 5 lbs, but I can see her melting before my eyes, so I reminded her that I actually had friends who had period jeans and non-period jeans due to water weight and all. One would say 'these are my month jeans' which was code that she had started (back when we told each other that stuff to explain crankiness or not feeling so great today). Once when I was a work out nut, and just getting into the long distance cycling I weighed myself at the gym and I had gained 10 lbs. I just stood there in shock trying to figure out how this had happened until I remembered it was the day before mine was supposed to start. I told my granddaughter to google it, which she did, and she came back out of her room in a somewhat better mood. We haven't been doing this for too long - just since April 16th, so it's still a learning game. I'm waiting for the dreaded plateau, looming in the distance like a mesa.

I'm so sorry about all I've been reading, catching up - I'm praying for all of you. We do adapt to changes, even if they'll never be okay compared to our earlier life, but the alternative is not acceptable, so we move forward and face the challenge and say "I don't like it, but I have to do it. I can do this."

Someone - whoever thought they were having a heat flash - thanks for the laugh!

annie from wy
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie - thinking of you and your husband. You said you had a lot going on right now, so sending positive thots and big (((hugs))). You are so precious to us.

Janetr OKC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Pip Happy birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

CarolGA, I had to laugh. Normally when I read Heather’s posts I realize the differences in our locations but when I read “chili” my mind went to exactly what you described. LOL I’ll bet it is something “hot” whatever it is.

Heather, it’s interesting that you are actually making “our kind” of chili. I’m sure it’s delish!

CJ, sorry to hear your bike ride got rained out. rainy-cloud-smiley-emoticon.gif

Rosi, I’m sending prayers and best wishes for you and your new situation at home. When DH retired I was concerned about having him “under foot” all the time but we have both adjusted and worked it out well. Just remember, “Patience, patience, patience” is what you’ll need. You can do this or just go get you a job out of the house. Lol

Allie, I do hope you will be able to get your Dad to discuss the end while you are on your trip. Some people seem to think if they don’t talk about it, maybe it won’t happen. NOT!

Joyce, how much sleep do you end up getting? I couldn’t survive on that little. In fact, that is when menopause got to me was when the sleep deprivation was more than I could take. Then it was off to see the gyn. I hope things will improve and you can get some rest. sleeping.gif

Annie, congrats on the loss. You are doing great! Don’t slow down because your DGD is not keeping up. You know she will get there.

Okay, ladies, I just checked Facebook and Pip’s birthday is 5/25 so we are jumping the gun. I wasn’t sure because she was talking about something she got for her birthday so I think I started it with the greetings. Oh well, better early than late.
    m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I did get my door frame painted this morning but when I came in for lunch, DH asked if I’d make some 15 bean soup. He was just cutting the last of the meat off a spiral ham, so I started the stock with the ham hock. Didn’t go to the gym since I’ve been working on the soup ever since. It’s been a very nice day with a few bouts of light rain and the weather looks great for next week.happy-in-the-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif
    I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • anniespruce
    anniespruce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kkaren - you look lovely!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :) It was not very kind of me to say that I had a lot going on and not explaining....yes, Jake's back hurts him more and more every day so I'm doing more of the dog walking and the chores...he is scheduled for spinal fusion surgery at the end of June pending the results of screening tests by his cardiologist and primary care doctor...because of his ongoing heart problems (he has an implanted pacemaker/defibrillator), he is worried that the echo-cardiogram that he had yesterday will show that his heart is not strong enough for surgery and he'll be stuck with the pain for the rest of his life. Additionally I am dancing one more session a week that takes up my whole Thursday afternoon. We are sorting through photographs using marie condo's plan to hold each one and if it bring us joy, we'll keep it, otherwise we'll throw it away. We have photos that are mine back to my childhood, Jake's back to his childhood, my mother's back to her childhood, my late sister's, and my grandmother's. When we go through pictures of our lives before we met each other, we talk about the pictures and cement the memories that go with them. It is a time consuming and emotionally draining process that has been very satisfying. Meanwhile Jake's older daughter is dying from breast cancer and his best friend (age 89) is seriously ill and had to be flown home to NYC from Maui. Jake likes to watch TV with me and that limits my time on the computer. I often use the time to ride the exercise bike and knit while watching TV with him.

On the subject of end of life directives. My mother had legal documents that were filed with her doctor that named me as the person to make medical decisions for her if she was unable to speak for herself. Jake and I had similar documents prepared when we made our wills. They are on file with all our health care providers. Fortunately we both have the same outlook on the subject.

Compared to a lot of you, I don't have much going on, but whatever it is, It seems to be keeping me away from the computer.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    KetoneKaren: You look lovely! :bigsmile:

Joyce: (((HUGS))) :heart:

Barbie: Sending good thoughts your way. I hope Jake is well enough for surgery and the fusion goes well and gives him immediate pain relief. You seem to be doing an amazing job of holding your emotions together & facing the stress without losing the ability to function. We were in a similar situation a couple of years ago when DH needed to have lower back surgery. I was a complete mess & so stressed that my family thought I was suffering from Alzheimers. I was suffering from stress & learned first hand that stress can cause serious dysfunction. :noway:

DD & the kids went home several days ago, and last night I set them scads of pictures that I'd taken while they were here. I got a big thank you this morning. :bigsmile: My riding lesson today was a treat. I traded times with someone who really needed an early spot and was thanked. I got lots of extra practice in because my teacher let me ride while she was teaching another lesson. I feel like I'm making real progress. I've FINALLY conquered my fear of cantering. WAHOO!

239603iu9tyt3tga.gif

Katla in Beautiful and rainy NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi! Love this thread although a bit intimidating. I am back at MFP after a six mo gap and a 4 lb "stress baby" from work. But things are finally calm at work and I can get back in control. I restarted C25K and plan on getting back to my yoga classes. Those make me feel strong and relaxed.
    Looking forward to getting to know all of you and share our weight-loss journey.
    Barbara
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen love the dress for the wedding, you look gorgeous. My very most favorite color. <3

Janetr okc
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Karen,love the dress and color.

I get a total of about 8 hours of sleep but that is the combined of many little sleeps.

Joyce, Indiana
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Great dress, KetoneKaren. Enjoy the wedding.

Barbie, I am so sorry for all Jake's pain, his upcoming surgery, his daughter and his friend. Any one of those would be enough stress for one person.

Come on, DJ, why can't we celebrate Pip's birthday all week?

My baby's birthday is tomorrow. He will be 36. He said he didn't want me to cook him a dinner. One of his good friend's has twins whose birthday is also tomorrow. They will be three. He says he is going to their party and celebrate with them.

• pipcd34
    Options
    Sounds good! U only get to b 57 once
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ukal0e8gqnb0.jpeg

Dinner is cooking by chef kirby
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options