On 1200 calories. Need motivation :D

Options

Replies

• ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    KimOrley wrote: »
    You "need" motivation because you're starving girl, eat something. Go to iifym.com's TDEE calculator. Calculate your TDEE and multiply it by 0.8. That's how many calories you should be eating. I doubt it's 1200.

I just did mine on there and it came out at 1220, so for some of us 1200ish is where we need to be :smile:

ha, mine is 1179. I'll never understand why some people seem to think we don't exist.

If it's that low then you shouldn't be cutting by 20% because you don't gave much weight to lose and you definitely are not active enough.

this thread isn't about me, but.... mfp currently has me set at 1250 calories a day and I'm eating about 1150 on sedentary days (simply wasn't losing at 1250), and on days I don't just sit on my *kitten* all day I log half of my exercise minutes and eat those as well. I'm doing stronglifts so I'm only at the gym 3 days a week but when the weather is good I walk a lot as well, for hours somedays. and I walk to and from the gym which is a half hour each way. plus I'm only 3 pounds away from my goal weight so I'll be switching to maintenance soon.
  • ashatwell87
    ashatwell87 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i am super active anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    @shinycrazy - How do you determine your macro ranges? What calculator or tool do you recommend? I am going by my doctor's recommendations but am curious.

Since, I'm diabetic, I have a number of carbs I need to stay under a day, for me about 130 or less. I just balance the protein and fat to accommodate the carbs since MFP makes you adjust the proportions. I think right now I'm using the proportions below since i dropped my calories from 1330 to 1100. I was really eating 1100 anyway, but with the extra 230 calories I was getting my macros out of proportion. I really don't fuss with a few grams over in the fat or protein section. For me the two most important things are carbs and sodium. I don't really have a calculator that I rely on, though in the past I have played with http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/.

Carbohydrates 110 g 40 %
    Fat 43 g 35 %
    Protein 69 g 25 %
  • JenniferSchaffer1
    JenniferSchaffer1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass and in a different boat I struggle to get 1200 calories a day so when I do I am proud of myself. But maybe we can support each other feel free to add me :) We all have are own struggles we are working with.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Big Fat Wedding week making it difficult to stay at 1200 calories. SURPRISE - I am actually looking forward to getting back to 1200 calories per day. Go figure.
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm not on 1200 calories but I'm happy to motivate and be motivated :)
  • nickie1129
    nickie1129 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 ish a day and have about sixty pounds to lose. I'd love some friends!
  • facai888
    facai888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just failed again on 1200 cl.This is crazy,it is not easy to start.Gets to the point where i think,I must be mad,messering ,counting ,worrying ,,,,and If I eat 1250 cl I tend to just give up.....this is a total madness ....Anyway I am going to try vegan 70% raw and 30% cooked.Not going to count any calories ....the worries of overeating is just not right.Whole bloody day is about calories .NOOOOOO WAY! Will update you guys later if I am still allowed to be in this group as I no longer follow 1200 cl.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have done pretty well this week! 8 days so far and my average is 1100 calories. (I added all the totals for the day and divided it by the number of days to get the average.) My diary is open to friends.. I am up for adding anyone. MFP recommends 1400-1500 for my weight but my endo has agreed that 1200 is appropriate without exercise. I find myself struggling to eat the 1200 because of how much food it is.. lots of vegetables!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 too and first off I just want to get under 11 stone. 9 stone is a good weight on me (I'm 5'1") but thinking "I've got to lose 2 and a half stone" is just too overwhelming so I'm just eating healthily and increasing my exercise levels and as if by magic (!) things will change.
  • KetoneKaren
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Been gone a week for a big family wedding, eager to get back on my 1200! I walked a lot and did try to be mindful of what I ate, but can't say I stuck to 1200!

@facai888 that you might set your daily goal at 1300 or 1400 so you won't go mad trying to keep it under 1200. And of course you can stay on this thread, silly.

@JenniferSchaffer1 Yep this is a great thread for you to join, if 1200 or so calories is your goal, even if that is the maximum you can hope to take in each day. I am sure you know some tricks already, like sipping protein shakes or healthy smoothies, eating several times a day, etc. Great you could join us.

Everyone else: Have a healthy happy day!

Karen in Virginia

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I get 1200 calories here at MFP but I also do Weight Watchers online and they give me less calories because I tend to go over in my points on their plan whereas I will have a couple to a few hundred calories left at the end of the day here on this site. :-/
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I get 1200 calories here at MFP but I also do Weight Watchers online and they give me less calories because I tend to go over in my points on their plan whereas I will have a couple to a few hundred calories left at the end of the day here on this site. :-/

@perkymommy I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. I have been through the program 3 times. I am 100lbs overweight - again. No fault of Weight Watchers, it is my own doing. I will just say this about WW: The system changes from time to time. When I first joined, you had to eat liver once a week. I lived on water packed tuna and plain salad. I dreaded eating the liver. LOL!! Now I think you can have unlimited fruit. I haven't been for awhile. If I was going to do both MFP and WW, I would probably decide on the macros I wanted, which for me is higher in fat & protein and lower in carbs, and see how the points added up. My suspicion is that I would go over my points on WW because of the fat calories. WW already assumes you will eat a certain amount of "free" carbs in the form of fruits and vegetables, right? So those aren't counted in to the points that they give you. If you aren't actually eating all of those carb calories (which I am not) you would get too few points on the WW plan.

I don't know if this applies to you or not, and I do think the 2 can be roughly coordinated, but you have to take WW with a grain of salt especially if you have chosen a lower carb diet.

As long as you are slowly losing, I would hang in there. WW is a good program but not perfect for everyone's needs.

Karen in Virginia
  • enaidc
    enaidc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first day. I'm on 1200 also. I have 30 to lose for now. I'm in my 60's and I think it's going to go slow. Is this the right thread to ask food questions?
  • DylsGrandma
    DylsGrandma Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist said I could have 1640 a day, but I have been trying not to go over 1250 because I started insulin and wanted to keep losing and not gain. I lost 4.5 last week. My body loses better in the 1200 calorie range. You can add me, we need all the support we can get. :)
  • KetoneKaren
    edited May 2016
    Options
    enaidc wrote: »
    My first day. I'm on 1200 also. I have 30 to lose for now. I'm in my 60's and I think it's going to go slow. Is this the right thread to ask food questions?

@enaldc Yes it is! There are other threads, too, but we can chime in with our 2 cents worth. Welcome!

Karen
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    KimOrley wrote: »
    You "need" motivation because you're starving girl, eat something. Go to iifym.com's TDEE calculator. Calculate your TDEE and multiply it by 0.8. That's how many calories you should be eating. I doubt it's 1200.

I just did mine on there and it came out at 1220, so for some of us 1200ish is where we need to be :smile:

ha, mine is 1179. I'll never understand why some people seem to think we don't exist.

I know! I'm new on here and MFP calculated that I should eat 1250 to lose 1 pound a week. That was too difficult for me so I switched to 1500 calories a day to lose 0.5 a week. I'm able to do that but am nervous to see if I do actually lose because I've done TDEE calculations elsewhere that say mine is 1650 a day. So um. I don't think I will lose 1/2 pound. But I figure the worst that could happen is that I stall this week. I am within 10 pounds of goal so I don't have a big margin to work with.
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do have found that IIFYM is what works the best for me, as flexible diet is sustainable because you can add some of your favorite foods to your diet. I would suggest you increase your exercise and do some weight training, the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn, even when you are resting :)
  • gailguardiangas806
    gailguardiangas806 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Well done to all of you I have just started with about 40lb to lose to a long way to go, it feels like it will take forever. So need loads of encouragement guys.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Hi Well done to all of you I have just started with about 40lb to lose to a long way to go, it feels like it will take forever. So need loads of encouragement guys.

You CAN Do it! Keep going and never give up.