My wife signed up with my son and I at the boxing gym
  • hankpick77
    hankpick77 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    :):):)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Married a long time. Wife has always been a careful cook due to her family history of diabetes, but she doesn't have it. She's very supportive of my MFP requirements and our meals are constantly getting healthier as I share my chart readings and weight loss progress with her.
  • Stronger4_life
    Stronger4_life Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Married for 16 years...3 beautiful children but not so happy. Ready for a change...
  • lauralawless917
    lauralawless917 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very happily married, here.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Same
  • lauralawless917
    lauralawless917 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pottery barn sells it assembled for 1400$

My wife located the supplier and they sell it in pieces for about 300 and no wonder why it costs that much. It was hard effing labour and my FIL is more versed in this kind of stuff. By myself, I cannot install this...

Very well done!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    That's very difficult. I mean, we all have issues, bad moments, fights (unfortunately almost always about something unimportant in reality and we were just tired or something). That's extreme to actually cause damage, though. That's never happened with us. I wouldn't bounce back from that very well if I had caused damage. I would have trouble forgiving myself. I try so much to be kind to my husband. But, occasionally I still have a difficult moment (for me it's always because of being very tired). So, I try to take care not to get so tired and stressed. But, life is hard sometimes. The thought of hurting my husband long term or him not being able to forgive me is a very painful thought, fear, concern. I try to make sure that in all my good moments I tell him (and show him) how much I love and appreciate him and what I adore about him both as a person and physically. Because I never want those good things to go unsaid. I want him to feel good about himself and in our marriage and family and to feel loved and appreciated. Home should be the retreat from the stress of work. I want the good to always outweight the rare difficult moments. We don't have many difficult moments now in our mature 30's. But, I had a few in our 20's. So, I did my own work on healing and growth and managing emotions. It would be good if she (or both of you) could maybe do some stuff on your own like anger management and therapy type of things (or just introspection or a workbook of some sort) and together to heal the hurt from the times that wrong was done or wrong things were said. Sorry you are going through this. Sorry you feel these strong and difficult feelings. I hope you two can mend these wounds together. Everytime a tense moment happens I spend a while thinking about why it happened and what I can do to prevent it or be prepared to handle it better if a moment like that happens again. You will get through this. ♥
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey, nice work on the light fixture! Those things are hard to install but it looks great!

Tough to follow a job well done with a spat like that. Sometimes relationships send us such random directions. Keep your head up and focus on what your goals are for each other. The hardest things to let go of can be some of the smallest slights. Don't really have advice for you as we all deal in our own ways. Good luck though
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Married and really enjoying these posts.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    that's not normal. my wife and I can have arguments without raising our voices.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Well, my wife once accused me in a fight that the only reason I'm trying to lose weight is so I can weigh less than her. That one caught me off-guard. She'll also say "now that you're 'Mr. Fitness'..."
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Married for 16 years...3 beautiful children but not so happy. Ready for a change...
    ...hopefully just weight.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Love it -- you people who have been married forever. You are great examples for the rest of us. (We two just celebrated our 29th anniversary. I can hardly believe it has been this long -- doesn't seem like it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    lista10 wrote: »
    I'm happily married, and trying to bring my sexy back.

Yep! I am always bringing the sexy back too.
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @BinaryPulsar it's baaaaaaaaaaack.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    @BinaryPulsar it's baaaaaaaaaaack.