married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks you guys! :*

Anyone have any anniversaries coming up? I met my hubs August 13, 2010 and we were married Sept. 13th, 2013; so, I demand two gifts. :D ....kidding....kinda.
  • RicReed2014
    RicReed2014 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    TeachingT wrote: »
    Soooooo, can we be married and flirty....or is this the wrong meeting?

Well.. it happens... now and then....

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

Anyone have any anniversaries coming up? I met my hubs August 13, 2010 and we were married Sept. 13th, 2013; so, I demand two gifts. :D ....kidding....kinda.

We got married Sept 27th, 2014. Anniversary is still well over a month away, but we've got a big trip to New Zealand booked and I'm getting more and more excited as we nail down the details. I really love traveling with my husband - it brings out his best side. He's playful, romantic, his inner history nerd comes out and he gets excited learning about a place, he's constantly telling me how great I am for planning everything... And when we're back home, he'll mention little details and special moments from a trip that have completely slipped my mind. It gives me warm fuzzies.

We don't do gifts, but we exchange cards. Finding the right card is a big deal.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Do you think a bad sex life is worthy of getting a divorce?

If that is a major criteria for love, I guess so. Makes me wonder about that whole, sickness and health thing though. I have friends in situations were they could not have sex, or illness was a major detriment for years. Something about better or worse...interesting times we live in.

Anyway, I have never had bad sex, but I guess my expectations are different. I have also learned that 99% of sexual issues are really a symptom of a real issue(s) with a loving relationship.

Of course illness of any kind is a different issue. I believe 100% in love which is in sickness and in health. You love each other, but one of you is unwell and needs love and care.

That is a completely different issue from two healthy people that have no desire to have sex with each other. But instead want to get into relationships with other people. That's indicative of a relationship issue that is deeper than just sex. Lack of sex is a symptom of a relationship issue. Not a symptom of an illness. That's a big difference.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    this ain't that kind of room... or is it? Hmmm wouldn't be the first time I have been on the outside looking in... or am I on the inside looking out? I forget
    TeachingT wrote: »
    Soooooo, can we be married and flirty....or is this the wrong meeting?

• BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Do you have friend couples who compete with you??

My wife has a coworker and he competes with her and makes sure he lets my wife know how much fun they had every weekend and places they went to. Apparently a dig at my wife's workaholic husband who commutes 5 hours a day and works round the clock if needed.

The only time I ever encountered a married guy trying (unsuccessfully) to speak to me in a competitive way about my husband (just made that guy look like a douche) was a guy that was a cheater and was trying to constantly hit on me. He also listened to my conversations and showed up places I said I was going to be. And he tried to get me alone and would corner me and say things like, "I love that top on you". And creepier stuff. And his wife didn't want him around me either and got really upset when she found out about him "running into me accidentally" and he said I was with friends, but I wasn't.

Other than that, no definitely I do not encounter married couple competition. The only thing I can think of is accidental stuff in which a person says something negative, the other person responds defensive, then that person responds defensive. And they don't realize (at first) it was just a misunderstanding.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Congrats! We just had ours in July. Married in 2000 (met 1996).
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

I demand two gifts. :D ....kidding....kinda.

@Guns_N_Buns I think that's great that you acknowledge both days and give your husband a hard time about two gifts. You sound like a fun-loving partner! PS. that's not flirting, just a comment. :-)
  • jeanelljohnson70
    jeanelljohnson70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am married!!
    He isy best friend also.
    We always have a blast together.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Do you have friend couples who compete with you??

My wife has a coworker and he competes with her and makes sure he lets my wife know how much fun they had every weekend and places they went to. Apparently a dig at my wife's workaholic husband who commutes 5 hours a day and works round the clock if needed.

The only place I've encountered competition like that is online - there seem to be people who want to show off how perfect their life is by bragging about how often they have sex, how often they get the kids a sitter and go out, how other people's partners are sooooo awful for not doing ____.

...Now that I think about it, I get a little bit of the "competition" vibe from my dad and his fiancee, but I think that's because they're trying to prove to me that his life really is totally great and wonderful with someone who isn't my mom. He's overcompensating and doesn't seem to grasp that if he's happy I'm happy for him.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    I hate FB. I don't enjoy looking at people's kids or what they ate for dinner, or the recipe they want to make. I don't need to be online to say "I love you" to my husband.

On another note we got married on May the 13th,1988. And it was a Friday.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

Congrats! We just had ours in July. Married in 2000 (met 1996).

Woohoo, congrats and thank you!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    edited August 2016
    Options

I demand two gifts. :D ....kidding....kinda.

@Guns_N_Buns I think that's great that you acknowledge both days and give your husband a hard time about two gifts. You sound like a fun-loving partner! PS. that's not flirting, just a comment. :-)

Thank you! We have fun with it. Obviously, I don't expect anything, as if I really wanted something I'd just get it, but it's fun to joke with him about. This weekend while camping/hunting, I reminded him it's almost our "when we met anniversary" and asked what he was going to get me...he then responds with something that ultimately is going to benefit HIM. :D

We just went to a friend's wedding; they were together for 7+ years and just married, so I think it's definitely an honorable mention when a couple originally met. :blush:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    I had a friend that was very, very, very much competitive. The typical 'Kardashian' type that even replicated her home/style as one, down to the floor tiles. She always talked about other "friends"...how ugly their kid is; how cheap her outfit looks; omg, she didn't go with the Denali *gasp*; my husband still makes more than hers; etc.

It got so exhausting that we'd get in fights because I'd basically say, "if you hate her so much, why the f*** are you 'friends' still? I'm tired of hearing about it." Anyway, she was a decent friend to me, so I tolerated it as long as I did, but when tensions rose and things got heated, they got ugly. Her true colors came out and she immediately went to the comparisons of our relationships, finances, etc. I had already ordered my maid of honor dress for her wedding and booked my flight, but I was glad to cut my losses.

She was married and divorced all within about 6 months.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options

September 3 :) We gave up on doing anything terribly exciting once kids came along (we used to go away for the weekend) and his company keeps sending him to Canada over that week :p But I'm grateful for every year we get to be together no matter how we celebrate the occasion.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    still married.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    . . . I think it's definitely an honorable mention when a couple originally met. :blush:

My husband and I met in August, 1961, didn't start going together until August (I think), 1963, and married in June, 1987. :) Of course, we both had one marriage each in between '63 and '87.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Married 6 yrs. 3 kids under 5. He's a SAHD and I'm an ICU nurse.