How many calories do you consume for breakfast?

Options
I typically consume 300-600 calories for breakfast. I was kinda shocked to see that my breakfast was 700 calories today! That is based on 1200 calories a day, so a good portion of my allowance vanished in one sitting. But, I've found that the more calories I eat in the morning, the less cravings I have for unhealthy foods later in the day, and alot less mindless snacking.
My usual breakfast:
1/2 c quick oats
1 tbp chia seeds
1 banana
1/2-1 scoop protein powder
1 tbp organic nut butter
Topped with any fruit that I have on hand

I'd like to hear about what works for you guys!

Replies

• broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    30 calories - cream in my coffee
    30 calories - fish oil

60 calories total

I like to save my calories for lunch and dinner
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Around 200. (half a cup of rolled oats, half a cup of skim milk and one teaspoon of honey.)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Around 16

Cup of tea, semi skimmed milk, no sugar

I also prefer to save my calories for later in the day
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    300-400

i like to hoard my calories for dinner
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    About 300 most days (egg whites and a small piece of cheese on an english muffin). I tend to get hungrier in the evenings than in the mornings, so I save my calories for later.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Around 500.. I need fuel to start the day.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Usually 200-300 calories. I usually don't really get hungry until around 4 pm so I don't force myself to eat
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Around 700. Need to eat enough in the am to get all my cals in I am eating :)

2600-2800 that is
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    650--I like eating light at the end of the day; I have nightmares when I eat too much too late.
  • BrookeLee2
    BrookeLee2 Posts: 39
    Options
    I eat around 100-220.
    A strawberry/yogurt smoothie (93 calories), tea (0 calories), and maybe some Krave cereal (120 calories)

I hoard my calories for dinner.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    0 due to fasting.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    700-800.
    This was the case even when I was on 1500 a day.
    Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day!
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    200-400.
  • zetakitten2
    Options
    I usually consume 200-300 calories for breakfast. I have 1 scoop of vegetarian protein powder, 1 cup of soy milk, and 1 cup of fresh fruit or 1 cup of Dole frozen sliced strawberries. Keeps me full until my snack 2 hours later.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Surprised people don't eat more calories earlier in the day -- they're easier to burn! I usually eat a spinach scramble with two egg whites (sometimes I use a whole egg) and 2% cheddar jack or a couple Jennie-O Turkey links plus whole wheat bread -- it all averages out to be around 280 calories. If you have fruit, such as a banana or strawberries, it goest to a little over 300.. Just add tea, coffee or diet soda.

I'm eating about 1400-1600 calories a day, so I try to keep all meals under 600 calories.
  • broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Surprised people don't eat more calories earlier in the day -- they're easier to burn!

I don't understand why it's easier to burn.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Around 300
    Usually Cereal, almond milk, low cal oj and a fiber one brownies sometimes coffee with sugar free creamer if I need a boost.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    300-500 and I'm also on 1250 calories per day.. It's better to be a little hungry in the evening.
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    About 300 calories. I've been making my own smoothies from Whole Living recipes for the past two weeks and they're satisfying and about 280 calories. Or cereal like porridge with fruit, about 350 calories. Sometimes an omelette with two eggs and some veg. I like to save calories for lunch and dinner and maybe snacks as I'm on 1200 calories a day to lose weight. Whole Living program (detox) also suggests a stuffed sweet potato for brekkie in Week 2, interesting choice, I haven't tried it. Cold pizza is good, hehehe