How many calories do you consume for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• NVH2013
    NVH2013 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello there! Sounds like you are consuming a lot of good stuff for breaky, but perhaps too much, at 700 cals? A good alternative would be some untoasted (and mix it with toasted for better taste although this increases the cals slightly) with a banana or some other kind of fruit and some low fat milk. You could add a few nuts now and again if you wish. Another good breaky option is poached or boiled eggs, very low in cals and high in nutrition and protein, perhaps with avocado for good fats and a slice or two of wholemeal or rye bread. Good luck!! :) I have just joined, and my main issue is not finding low fat or low carb snacks and finding a good alternative for if I feel like junk food / snacky at night time!! Any ideas?? Thanks
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    500 to 700, usually a big protein shake made with milk and some cereals.
  • joetalk
    joetalk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i had to check my history but im consuming between 4-700 cal's in the mornings, while my allowance is over 2500 for a day before i add excersize...

but every time i make loss's it's with bigger early day meals and light evening meals and lots of water through the evening to keep me topped up
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    600/700 calories
  • thinlove333
    Options
    200-300

-1 banana
    -high fiber cereal with almond milk OR english muffin with cream cheese
    -creamer for my coffee
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Surprised people don't eat more calories earlier in the day -- they're easier to burn!

I don't understand why it's easier to burn.

It isn't, this kind of thinking ignores that the total calories for the day are the thing.

Have 'em all at dinner if it suits your life and energy levels.

Which is wot I do, 'coz it works for me. :)

On topic, around 30 calories of milk in my coffee, that does me until around 7:30pm ... It's not like I'm bricklaying or digging holes during the day ...
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    300-400. usually two eggs on two pieces of bread and a glass of milk or juice.
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Generally between 250 and 450 (approximately 1500 net cal daily goal)
  • hopeful4
    hopeful4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I only just started this diet, I have 4st to lose. So far my breakfasts are about 220, poached egg on toast cup of tea, or porridge and cup of tea, or frut & fibre cereal and strawberries.. when I am busy at work though I tend to skip it and just grab the cup of tea! Home with a broken ankle and hoping I don't put on more weight.
  • Sarahlascelles
    Sarahlascelles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    400-500, sometimes even up to 600, depends on whether I've worked out pre-breakfast, how I'm feeling etc. If I try and skimp on breakfast I pick all day.
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    usually around 300-500

there is a few meals i do that are higer than that but 300-500 is around the norm
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    2 calories - Moconna caramel coffee

Breakfast done.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    2 calories - Moconna caramel coffee

Breakfast done.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    About 250 to 350 on a weekday, up to 700 at the weekend.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Between 200-300 calories, but i tend to eat little and often throughout the day rather than have big, set meals.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    400-580
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    Most work days consist of

whole wheat hamburger bun
    turkey sausage
    fat free cheese
    1 large egg fried

It is a great breakfast sandwich to get me going for the day.
    310 calories I think it is. :D
  • patamber123
    Options
    I have always skipped breakfast, although there's an idea that breakfast is important.

I find that if I skip it keeps my calories down, but I don't know if I should. I always have a cup of tea.
  • cyclebummer
    Options

Fortified oatmeal with olive oil and honey, toast with cream cheese.. 1800 cals/day. 'Cept when I cheat.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Normally between 4-500. I like eating pretty sweet stuff for breakfast so it's bit like having my dessert eaten early in the day! : ) Yum!