How many calories do you consume for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My breakfast protein shake is 200 calories. Fast and simply while I run out the door in the morning for work.
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    anywhere from 600-900 calories. I like to have a really large bfast as Im ravenous in the am and I need something that can keep me full for hours. I eat 3 meals/day and 2000 cals day, less if I work out as I dont eat back my workout cals. Bfast and lunch are my largest meals, and I have a tiny dinner (300cals)

My fave breakfast is whole grain grilled pita. I slather it w. a TBSP of butter. then I have a traditional caprese salad (tomato, buffalo mozerella, basil. olive oil or pesto):

As far as the food amount goes it probably only is about 500-600 but then I add the butter and olive oil. Fat is my bff as it really fills me up and keeps me full for up to 6hours.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I usually consume 300-400 calories for breakfast
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Usually less than 400; I have two 'common' breakfast choices,

Cream of Wheat (120)
    3 strips of bacon (120)
    1/4 TB of butter (25)
    Tea, with lemon juice
    Spelnda

265 calories

2 eggs, scrambled (I don't use oil or butter, just a nonstick pan) (140 calories)
    3 strips of bacon (120)
    1 100 calorie wheat bun (100)
    Tea, with lemon juice
    Splenda

360 calories

That said I don't eat until around 10:3-11am most days. So it's kinda like lunch.

Anyway, eat between 1600-1800 calories a day and I like a filling dinner, so I leave breakfast and lunch pretty light.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    295-540 depending on the day.
  • bababangarangrang
    bababangarangrang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Usually a little below 600 on workdays. Weekends I sleep in so I'll have a couple cups of coffee around 10 am then eat lunch.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    About 100 on weekdays, but I eat lunch early. On weekends I tend to sleep until 11:00, so I just eat lunch.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    It's either really small - 2 eggs and 2 links of sausage for about 300cals, or giant - almost 600 in my brotein shake. Depends on the day and what time i start eating!
  • ohiowhthse
    ohiowhthse Posts: 38
    Options
    I usually eat 150-250. Boiled egg, and a piece if toast, Just a suggestion for you to eat your oats and your drink for breakfast, and scoot your banana with a big glass if water for a mid morning snack. That will help with cravings and keep your sugar more stable until lunch :)
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast. I would eat breakfast foods all day if I could. But my typical breakfast is an egg scrambled, with 3 slices of canadian bacon, and a smidge of cheese all in wrap. I will sometimes do chicken apple sausage instead of the bacon or do no meat and add a second egg in there. But the wraps are typically between 300-350.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    About 200-250.

Usually I have a whole wheat English muffin with PB and banana or I'll have 1 serv of Malt-o-meal with 1/4 cup almond milk and 2 tsp sugar. i always have hot tea with my breakfast- no add ins.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It depends on the definition of breakfast. Between 0 and 1,500, generally about 500-900, but suppose it depends on whether there is bit of a gap between my toast and my porridge and how many slices of toast I have (and whether I have fruit juice).
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    During the week, my 1st breakfast is at 6:30 am and is usually a piece of fruit, yogurt, etc, around 230 callories. My second breakfast is around 8:30 or 9. It is 187 or so calories. Egg whites with mushrooms, spinach and salsa. YUMM. I am hypoglycemic so I eat 6 small meals a day. On weekends it can varry from almond milk and honey bunches of oats or egg whites, turkey baccon, and a biscuit lol.
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    like to save my calories for lunch and dinner. I have a couple of cup of coffee ( decaf , sweetener, 5% cream ) in the morning, a total of 100 calories. I am only 5` tall and my BMR is only 1327.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Some days 0 other days 400+, it doesnt make a blind bit of difference when you eat calories its has no effect on you weightloss. I can happily skip breakfast if im not hungry and it hasnt hurt my loss so far and many other has stated. Meal timming mean nothing, eat when your hungry and when you are told you have to eat. You hungry at breakfast time? eat breakfast, not hungry at breakfast? save your calories for later on in the day and dont force feed yourself.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Most days, around 250 from coffee with non-dairy creamer and a protein mix in almond milk.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    About 300-350. Eggs and toast and coffee. Or porridge and coffee. Occasionally muesli so the calories are slightly lower.
  • Aylawade
    Aylawade Posts: 22
    Options
    Usually zero. I like to feel somewhat full so I save my calories for lunch and supper. Lunch- about 500 100 for a mini Dr. Pepper and 600 for supper. Total of 1200
  • Aylawade
    Aylawade Posts: 22
    Options
    Usually zero. I like to feel somewhat full so I save my calories for lunch and supper. Lunch- about 500 100 for a mini Dr. Pepper and 600 for supper. Total of 1200
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    anywhere from 200 to 1200, depending on the type of day I will be having, just had, and am having.