How many calories do you consume for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have always skipped breakfast, although there's an idea that breakfast is important.

I find that if I skip it keeps my calories down, but I don't know if I should. I always have a cup of tea.

Never skip breakfast, most important meal of the day,
    It's the start to get your metabolism working, so skipping it and eating lunch as first meal will make you loose less weight then when you do breakfast.

Since when? I've never eaten breakfast & I lost my weight very fast.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Between 200 and 300, if I eat breakfast at all. I'm not a big morning eater and I like having plenty of calories for evening (dinner/drinks/snacks).
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    1200 calories most days for breakfast....... Although I am not a believer in meal frequency (it is more of a personal preference).
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually 270 to 300 calories. I go protein heavy on breakfast because it keeps my blood sugar level and I don't get hungry easily. I have eggs or Greek yogurt, but sometimes I go crazy and have a protein shake. I don't eat a huge breakfast because dinner is usually a higher calorie meal for me.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have always skipped breakfast, although there's an idea that breakfast is important.

I find that if I skip it keeps my calories down, but I don't know if I should. I always have a cup of tea.

It's the start to get your metabolism working, so skipping it and eating lunch as first meal will make you loose less weight then when you do breakfast.

I east around 400-600 calories at breakfast, see my diary

what a bunch of crap i dont eat breakfast and losing fine i like to save my calories for a nice evening meal with the loved ones stop trying to push your style of life on others
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Myth. No more or less important than any other meal.
    It's the start to get your metabolism working,
    Myth - your metabolism doesn't work that way and doesn't need starting.
    so skipping it and eating lunch as first meal will make you loose less weight then when you do breakfast.
    Myth, calories for the day (or even week) is what matters.

To answer the original question - breakfast can be anywhere between zero and a thousand calories, guess a typical day would be around 400.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    2-300 calories, followed by 100 calories of latte an hour later. I haaaaaate breakfast. if I didn't pass out when I don't eat it, I never would.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    250-300 most days. Depends if I'm hungry or not really.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Sounds like you are consuming a lot of good stuff for breaky, but perhaps too much, at 700 cals? A good alternative would be some untoasted (and mix it with toasted for better taste although this increases the cals slightly) with a banana or some other kind of fruit and some low fat milk. You could add a few nuts now and again if you wish. Another good breaky option is poached or boiled eggs, very low in cals and high in nutrition and protein, perhaps with avocado for good fats and a slice or two of wholemeal or rye bread. Good luck!! :) I have just joined, and my main issue is not finding low fat or low carb snacks and finding a good alternative for if I feel like junk food / snacky at night time!! Any ideas?? Thanks

Err...no on the low fat! If you eat more fat, you'll not have those late night cravings!
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    On heavy lifting days I have a big breakfast, other days I fast till lunch

Today..

20g thick cut rolled oats w/skimmed milk+water
    1T peanut butter

1 egg omelette w/ 1 turkey sausage, 1 tomato, garlic, basil, 1 rasher smoked bacon, 1/2 T olive oil + 1/4 T ghee
    Side of 60g cucumber

650cals, 12g carbs, 31g protein, 29g fat. Clean and will keep be full and energized for 3/4 hours.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    About 400 cals....50 grams rolled oats, scoop of protein powder and milk :)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the day. Lately, I've been sleeping through breakfast or not too hungry in the mornings so not many.

During school, usually about 300 calories for breakfast, sometimes about 450-500 if I know I won't have time to eat until much later in the day.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Around 1,000 calories.
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is around 200 calories. I eat a spinach & egg white omelet (1 c. spinach, 1/3 c egg whites) with salsa and one whole grain waffle, with 4 oz espresso and 1 cup of almond milk.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    About 200 -- coffee with milk and a serving of full-fat cottage cheese.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    190 Calorie Protein Shake.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Monday-Friday, about 400-500, 1 cup cottage cheese w/ 1 cup berries and my coffer

Weekends are usually higher, around 700-900 because I have a big brunch with eggs, sausage, bacon or ham, buttered toast w/ jam, coffee and other breakfast goodies.
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    380 calories, every single day lol. I have 80 grams of gluten-free muesli and 200ml of hazelnut milk. Delicious! :bigsmile:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    During the week, between 300-600

Weekends, very rarely fewer than 850-1000. I like my Hardees :bigsmile:
  • KaylaPotter7
    Options
    150-300 Calories for breakfast.

Usually a green smoothie.. Something like this:
    1 cup baby spinach
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 banana
    6 strawberries

I am on a strict 1200 calorie per day intake, and this smoothie usually keeps me full until either lunch or snack time! I like to save my calories for lunch or dinner!