How many calories do you consume for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My smoothis is about 320.
  • MrsBCoker
    MrsBCoker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    a trainer a my gym told me this rule "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a princess & dinner like a peasent." Your smallest meal should be dinner because after dinner your day is unwinding and you do not burn as many calories. Breakfast is so important! I hate when I read people are just drinking a cup of tea or saving their calories. No don't do it! you are killing your metabolism!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Estimate.......300-400 on weekdays. Weekends would probably be higher because we often make big breakfasts.
  • LeahNWonderland
    LeahNWonderland Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    a trainer a my gym told me this rule "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a princess & dinner like a peasent." Your smallest meal should be dinner because after dinner your day is unwinding and you do not burn as many calories. Breakfast is so important! I hate when I read people are just drinking a cup of tea or saving their calories. No don't do it! you are killing your metabolism!

I love this!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    It is around 300. I have to have breakfast to function.
  • kalikala154
    kalikala154 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Water. I rarely wake up hungry and I just wait till lunch to eat.
  • belle713
    belle713 Posts: 30
    Options
  • SniffTheSweat
    Options
    210 calories. 3 egg omlette =)
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Surprised people don't eat more calories earlier in the day -- they're easier to burn!

I don't understand why it's easier to burn.

Because if you eat your calories earlier in the day, you'll probably burn them off, as opposed to waiting until just before you go to sleep. There was some study done where people ate 2,000 calories in one meal. The breakfast people lost weight, the lunch people maintained and the people who ate the 2,000-calorie dinner gained weight. I'm not sure how many studies were done on this, but it gives credence to the idea that you shouldn't put most of your calories late in the day -- if you are trying to lose weight.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    About 300-400 breakfast is my favourite meal of the day!!! I just love it I have oatmeal nuts honey fruit you name it its in there!I usually head off for a 12 mile bike ride after so I dont mind really!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    103 calories
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Usually around 400 calories on week days. 800-1000 on weekends is pretty typical.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    471 for this shake & supplements:

2 C unsweetened chocolate almond milk
    1/2 C quick oats
    1 serving All One vitamin powder ( I get the Senior one because it has CoQ10 in it)
    2 scoops protein powder

3 Omega 3 pills

I've been having this for years, and yes, having a good solid breakfast first thing definitely makes the rest of my day go soooo much better!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Such nonsense. I have a desk job. I burn most of my calories in the evenings, and that's when I eat most of my calories. I've done this my whole life, no matter what my schedule. And after doing it for more than half a century, my metabolism is just fine.
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Usually close to 500. And I might have a snack an hour or two later. I always look forward to breakfast. I just love it.
    I usually have some type of bread, eggs, jambon, milk, coffee, cheese. Sometimes it's milk and cereals. It all depends on my mood and what's on hand.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Your trainer should stick to training - I'm afraid that is complete cobblers.

The phrase also seems to suggest you plan on performing a sex change during the day! ("Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper" is the more common version. Still doesn't make it true though.)

It might make sense for someone with a hard physical job but in reality as soon as you hear any comments about killing metabolism or kick starting metabolism you know it's just broscience.
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I only eat about 190-250 calories for breakfast.I like to save almost all of my calories for supper
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    450 - 600 calories. I eat around 1800-1900 a day.

2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon (eggs cooked in bacon fat) slice of avocado, salsa or hot sauce, protein shake of ice cubes, 1/2 frozen banana and 1 scoop trutein. sometimes half a grapefruit instead of half a frozen banana.

frozen banana slices in protein shakes are amazing!

also i have hypoglycemia, and work out in a fasted state in the AM. i gobble all that food down in about five minutes after my workout & shower. delicious :happy:
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    He's fired!
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I have noticed that there are many differing opinions about when and how much to eat. I think it really depends upon the individual. Some lose weight by eating a good breakfast...others are better off not eating breakfast.
    That said...I love eating breakfast and I think it keeps me from bingeing later on.
    I eat between 300 and 400 calories for breakfast. That still leaves me almost 1000 calories for the rest of the day.

In a bowl:
    1/2 cup Kashi GoLean soy
    1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (Fage is my favorite)
    1/2 cup Silk almond milk
    2 Tbsp granola
    Stevia to taste

In a blender:
    1/2 cup Silk almond milk
    1 cup coffee
    1 scoop protein powder

This way I get some good protein and fiber.