Marilyn Monroe-my body ideal

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
I think she's gorgeous. She's not super toned, she's not 3% body fat...

She's a bombshell. Opinions?

marilyn-monroe-13.jpg?w=500&h=697

Replies

• MSeel1984
    Options
    Of course I can't be her exactly since...I think she was a 36D. Boo.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I adore her <3 Perfection
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Amen...There's a reason men wanted her and women wanted to be her...she is, to me, the epitome of femininity. Lovely. Glowing...even if she wasn't a natural blonde :)
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    AGREED!!!
  • lollylionheart
    Options
    Looove Marilyn! A true real woman!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I think she was absolutely stunning
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Double post.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Her curves were perfection, imo. But still unattainable for most women. She was dramatically hour glass. Most women, no matter what they do, will not have her measurements. Would she be allowed on today's runways? Probably not. But she was a healthy weight and had an exceptionally admirable figure, even today. The whole "she wore a 16" statement I keep hearing irritates me. For one, sizes ran a LOT smaller back then (hello modern vanity sizing). And just look at her measurements. Now way she would be a today's size 16. Most of her clothes had to be custom because of her unusual measurements.

All that being said, she's one of the most beautiful women ever.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Her curves were perfection, imo. But still unattainable for most women. She was dramatically hour glass. Most women, no matter what they do, will not have her measurements. Would she be allowed on today's runways? Probably not. But she was a healthy weight and had an exceptionally admirable figure, even today. The whole "she wore a 16" statement I keep hearing irritates me. For one, sizes ran a LOT smaller back then (hello modern vanity sizing). And just look at her measurements. Now way she would be a today's size 16. Most of her clothes had to be custom because of her unusual measurements.

Well a size 16 back then would be a size 6-8 in today's sizes (still not "runway" size as today most runway models are size 0-2)

She did have a very dramatic hourglass...My measurements aren't far off from hers except for my bust... :(
  • MSeel1984
    Options

Well a size 16 back then would be a size 6-8 in today's sizes (still not "runway" size as today most runway models are size 0-2)

She did have a very dramatic hourglass...My measurements aren't far off from hers except for my bust... :(
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Here's a pic of me and the family in front of a 40' tall Marilyn.

Pretty amazing statue, actually...

33951139_8224.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The most celebrated sex icon of the 20th century, confessed to a friend that despite her three husbands and a parade of lovers, she had never had an orgasm.

I'd rather be me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The most celebrated sex icon of the 20th century, confessed to a friend that despite her three husbands and a parade of lovers, she had never had an orgasm.

I'd rather be me.

If that's the truth, I must agree.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

I'd rather be me.

Not saying I wanna BE her...I'm saying I admire her physique.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    So, "Joltin' Joe" DiMaggio was more of a "Nudgin' Joe"?
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Duplicate post, thanks to the site being wonky today.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I think MOST MEN prefer women like this. Yes one can make an argument that not all women can get this way. My point is some tone, some fat, curves, and WOW!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    She's several months pregnant in that photo.

But, yes, she was beautiful. And would have been a size 2-4 in today's sizes. Not a 12 or 14 or 16 that people claim.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I think MOST MEN prefer women like this. Yes one can make an argument that not all women can get this way. My point is some tone, some fat, curves, and WOW!

i would be a lot of money that most men do not prefer her body type.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    She's pretty but I still don't get the hype. While she had a lovely hourglass figure, she's not my ideal. If we're going with her era, I prefer Audrey Hepburn who I think was infinitely more classy.

And looks aside, Marilyn is definitely not someone I look up to at all. I've watched a few of the movies she starred in and I can't stand her fake voice or fake persona. Mostly all I feel when I hear about her is pity at how tragic her life was.