Marilyn Monroe-my body ideal

Options

Replies

• Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I think she's gorgeous. She's not super toned, she's not 3% body fat...

She's a bombshell. Opinions?

marilyn-monroe-13.jpg?w=500&h=697

Sadly in this day and age where the ideal female body has no curves no legs no breast this woman is seen as fat. Far be it from the truth she will for ever be an icon of grace and beauty. I'd take Marilyn over any of the models out there today.

"A woman without curves is a like a pair of jeans without pockets. There's just no place to put your hands." - Unknown
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Sadly in this day and age where the ideal female body has no curves no legs no breast this woman is seen as fat.

Maybe by the fashion industry and even Hollywood, but the average man or woman on the street wouldn't call her fat.

Well, the ones who say Jennifer Lawrence is fat would, but those people tend toward being idiots, so ...
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    agreed - she is so beautiful - a sex symbol without being stick then - love her
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    While her figure is nice I'll be honest. If I saw her at the beach or out walking around my thought would be "She's got a nice shape but she really needs to lift some weights."

My personal preference is a gal who has a few curves but also nice muscle definition showing.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Awesome body!
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    She was a true beauty :blushing:
  • rml_16
    Options
    While her figure is nice I'll be honest. If I saw her at the beach or out walking around my thought would be "She's got a nice shape but she really needs to lift some weights."

My personal preference is a gal who has a few curves but also nice muscle definition showing.
    Good thing I'm into men. :wink:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    agreed - she is so beautiful - a sex symbol without being stick then - love her

Thank you for understanding the entire purpose of this thread. Bless your heart.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

:huh:

Um, thanks?
  • rml_16
    Options

Um, thanks?
    Just saying that a woman preferring me to have more muscle as she's watching me on the beach isn't exactly something I care about. I don't get pushing personal preferences for one's own body onto others. I can appreciate the beauty of a more toned body without wanting it for myself.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lmao.

I also had a fat girl in my class who always kept talking about her hourglass figure, her Barbie looks and her cheerleader body type. And that men are crazy in love with her and women are crazy jealous.

Everyone was like :huh: She had soft shapeless jellish body 200 pounds at least.

Yeah because we all know fat = curvy. Lol.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

Um, thanks?
    Just saying that a woman preferring me to have more muscle as she's watching me on the beach isn't exactly something I care about. I don't get pushing personal preferences for one's own body onto others. I can appreciate the beauty of a more toned body without wanting it for myself.

I'm not pushing my personal preference on anyone by saying that. It's not like I'm going to walk up to you and say "Honey, LIFT SOME WEIGHTS!" or not talk to you or say hi to you because you weren't muscular.

How is my looking at someone and thinking that pushing something on them?

I think you're kind of reading a bit more into this than you need to.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    She is wonderfule!!! I love that body type!!!!!:devil:
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Regardless of what size she was, how tragic her life was, or how unattainable her curves may be for most...I think we can all agree that she was stunningly beautiful! :smile:

tumblr_ma6paiw1HP1qada1vo1_500.jpg

I love her outfit here as well...

And she's got thighs! Look at that! And she's still stunning.

In my original pic she was preggers-another amazing feat! She's still gaw-geous!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    She was a beautiful woman. Everyone is beautiful in one way or another, it's all about preference. Her shape doesn't happen to be my preference, she looks fragile or soft. I prefer strong and defined.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Lmao.

I also had a fat girl in my class who always kept talking about her hourglass figure, her Barbie looks and her cheerleader body type. And that men are crazy in love with her and women are crazy jealous.

Everyone was like :huh: She had soft shapeless jellish body 200 pounds at least.

Yeah because we all know fat = curvy. Lol.

I remember that GAP used to make low rise "curvy fit" jeans (I think they still make the curvy fit-just not the same as wen I used to buy them/when they first came out).

I loved them...they didn't have a gap in the back when you bent over...hugged my hips and thighs well but weren't mom jeans...

Totally off topic, but there it is.
  • rml_16
    Options

Um, thanks?

I'm not pushing my personal preference on anyone by saying that. It's not like I'm going to walk up to you and say "Honey, LIFT SOME WEIGHTS!" or not talk to you or say hi to you because you weren't muscular.

My wording is a bit off. It's the idea that what she looks like is not good enough because it isn't your personal ideal. I don't want a six-pack or super hard, toned arms (low body fat) but I've never had the thought that someone should stop lifting or eat more because she has those features.

I find that kind of insulting, and while I'm sure you wouldn't walk up to a woman on the street and say that, you did just say that to every single woman reading this thread.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Of course I can't be her exactly since...I think she was a 36D. Boo.

she doesnt look a 36D there
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

Um, thanks?

Strange, I thought her response to you was a little "off" too. Perhaps she misunderstood? You didn't say or push any preference.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

Um, thanks?

My wording is a bit off. It's the idea that what she looks like is not good enough because it isn't your personal ideal. I don't want a six-pack or super hard, toned arms (low body fat) but I've never had the thought that someone should stop lifting or eat more because she has those features.

I find that kind of insulting, and while I'm sure you wouldn't walk up to a woman on the street and say that, you did just say that to every single woman reading this thread.

How is my saying this any different than a man having a preference towards a woman or thinking something similar?

You're trying to poke a stick in a hornets nest and rile it up and I'm not sure why.