Do "waist belts" actually help?

Options

Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for an answer to what was condescending about my response.
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Spoilers: It's not coming.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one in a few days I'll let you know how mine works ! Try using the waist trimmer with exercise and clean eating and I'm sure it's going to work awesome

People are so gullible.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    voc0hrssbg25.jpeg

See now, this IS condescending. >:)
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    Because my comments weren't.
    Serah87 wrote: »

Because there wasn't any.

Because I realized that arguing with you would be essentially useless because I can't force you see something that you're deadset on saying isn't there.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    I'm getting one in a few days I'll let you know how mine works ! Try using the waist trimmer with exercise and clean eating and I'm sure it's going to work awesome

People are so gullible.

There's another one.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Because I realized that arguing with you would be essentially useless because I can't force you see something that you're deadset on saying isn't there.

I feel like you're dead set on seeing something that isn't there. You've gotten some good advice here. The only remark that could be in some small way considered "rude" was made by one person who owned up to it (4th post from the top on this page, to be clear), and you are letting him push your buttons.

In your response to MissusMoon--who was letting you know that these questions are asked and answered honestly quite frequently-- you assume people here are bothered by your thread. Why do you assume that people who took the time to give you straight forward answers to save you some cash and potential injury are bothered? It doesn't matter that this is the third this week... the answers would be the same if it were the first or the tenth. Straight forward and honest, because the people who take the time actually want to help.

Again, please reconsider your criteria for taking offense. You'll get a headache (and possibly a bad reputation) by trying so hard to read between the lines.
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options

People are so gullible.

There's another one.

Not seeing the condescension. It sounds like you just don't want to hear the truth about these things.

If you want to use it and think it's going to work, then go for it but don't say that those who are giving you truthful words are being "condescending". I'd hate to see how you react in a real life situation where someone gives you truths.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options

People are so gullible.

There's another one.

Not seeing the condescension. It sounds like you just don't want to hear the truth about these things.

If you want to use it and think it's going to work, then go for it but don't say that those who are giving you truthful words are being "condescending". I'd hate to see how you react in a real life situation where someone gives you truths.

It's the WORDING OF IT. Was it necessary for her to insult the person she was responding to?

I'm not though. I'm not using it I understand it's useless but were the snide remarks necessary?

That's not the same thing at all.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »

I feel like you're dead set on seeing something that isn't there. You've gotten some good advice here. The only remark that could be in some small way considered "rude" was made by one person who owned up to it (4th post from the top on this page, to be clear), and you are letting him push your buttons.

In your response to MissusMoon--who was letting you know that these questions are asked and answered honestly quite frequently-- you assume people here are bothered by your thread. Why do you assume that people who took the time to give you straight forward answers to save you some cash and potential injury are bothered? It doesn't matter that this is the third this week... the answers would be the same if it were the first or the tenth. Straight forward and honest, because the people who take the time actually want to help.

Again, please reconsider your criteria for taking offense. You'll get a headache (and possibly a bad reputation) by trying so hard to read between the lines.

Why would I assume it??? Because of the wording of them. The wording was rude and I don't understand why people feel compelled to be rude on here. I've seen it happen on so many threads that someone asks a question and there's just a flood of people insulting the OP.

A bad rep? Where? Why would that matter anywhere? Lol
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    OP, there's this nifty little feature on MFP--it's called "the search function." We wouldn't expect you to know that there were 3 other threads posted about these belts today, but if you use this handy function, you would have seen it.

to be honest if most people used that function the forums would be dead.
  • JaneSnowe
    Options
    *sigh* We're going in circles now. By all means, continue to insist on your right to be offended by words.

As for your reputation, your posts here have been entertaining so I'll be sure to check out what amusing things you have to say in other threads.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    *sigh* We're going in circles now. By all means, continue to insist on your right to be offended by words.

As for your reputation, your posts here have been entertaining so I'll be sure to check out what amusing things you have to say in other threads.

??????? People aren't allowed to be offended by words ??????

Have fun! o:)
  • JaneSnowe
    Options

Why would you want to be?
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    Thread chronology:
    1) Question
    2) Answer (with Simpson's quote)
    3) Wrong answer
    4) OP says ok, but you don't have to be so rude about it
    5) Answer: When was I rude?
    6) 963a1ce287cf71a40adb5873f9895e32.jpg

I don't understand which was "wrong answer"

I just didn't want to continue arguing with that person.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options

Why would you want to be?

I didn't want to but I was? Why is this so hard to understand?