Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I've seen it happen on so many threads that someone asks a question and there's just a flood of people insulting the OP.

Please point out exactly where people were insulting you.

No where in this thread did I see anyone insulting you. My goodness if you can't have a regular conversation with complete strangers without going on the defensive then I fear for you.

I wasn't referring to myself in that response. I meant other posters but honestly the offense you're taking at me finding something rude makes me worry for you because if you can't go about your day without involving yourself in the way someone is handling something I'd hate to see what you do to people you see in the real world.

Let the other posters defend themselves.

So I'm not allowed to point out that it's a thing that happens a lot?

Alright let me just add it to the list of things I'm now apparently not to do.

1) don't ask questions.
    2.) don't point out people being rude
    3.) don't defend yourself
    4.) don't point out people being rude to other people

How about stop responding and let this one go! You sound frustrated.

But this is today's most interesting thread! >:)

This and the "diet drinks" one...
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I've seen it happen on so many threads that someone asks a question and there's just a flood of people insulting the OP.

No where in this thread did I see anyone insulting you. My goodness if you can't have a regular conversation with complete strangers without going on the defensive then I fear for you.

I wasn't referring to myself in that response. I meant other posters but honestly the offense you're taking at me finding something rude makes me worry for you because if you can't go about your day without involving yourself in the way someone is handling something I'd hate to see what you do to people you see in the real world.

Let the other posters defend themselves.

So I'm not allowed to point out that it's a thing that happens a lot?

Alright let me just add it to the list of things I'm now apparently not to do.

1) don't ask questions.
    2.) don't point out people being rude
    3.) don't defend yourself
    4.) don't point out people being rude to other people

How about stop responding and let this one go! You sound frustrated.

Nah I'm good.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    I think there's really only one rule: don't "interpret" condescension where there is none intended, implied, or directly expressed.

There was though, in my opinion.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Pro-tip, regarding life. This is something I learned back in 2nd (?) grade.

If you don't actually tell people what the problem is, the problem can't get fixed.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Pro-tip, regarding life. This is something I learned back in 2nd (?) grade.

If you don't actually tell people what the problem is, the problem can't get fixed.

This, I was actually serious when I asked where I was being rude.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op, it seems as though you are rather bent out of shape about this thread. I personally looked through it and did not find any rude comments. What I did find was a lot of people trying to explain to you that these types of products do not work. Gimmicks and fads don't produce results. Nothing can replace hard work. So look at it like this- you only wasted $6 and now you know the truth. If you have back issues, see a doctor about them. These gimmicks won't help you .
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I am truly trying to understand your logic and where you're coming from.

And don't worry about me and what I "do to people in the real world". The people close to me don't get their panties in a bunch over things and don't interpret truths as condescension.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I think there's really only one rule: don't "interpret" condescension where there is none intended, implied, or directly expressed.

And here we arrive at the heart of the matter. Despite @Shawshankcan explaining himself time and again, OP still opines that there was secret condescension that only she can see in one of his posts.

OP's opinion > the actual expressed intent of another poster.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options

And here we arrive at the heart of the matter. Despite @Shawshankcan explaining himself time and again, OP still opines that there was secret condescension that only she can see in one of his posts.

I don't understand why you're all going in so hard on someone's opinion. Like damn y'all must be really bored to try to break down everything I say so much. Lol.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your waist trainer!

<Yes. *That* was sarcasm. :) >
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    Enjoy your waist trainer!

<Yes. *That* was sarcasm. :) >

Wow I will definitely enjoy something that I already said in the first page I wasn't using. :D
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Strengthening my core helped me out a lot. I used to have mild back pain. I started doing planks, push-ups, and running. As my core got a little stronger my back pain went away.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    webbz92 wrote: »
    Strengthening my core helped me out a lot. I used to have mild back pain. I started doing planks, push-ups, and running. As my core got a little stronger my back pain went away.

Thanks I'll look into starting that!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Do you guys need to be condescending though? I don't understand why people who are new to these topics can't ask simple questions without people coming out of the woodwork with condescension.

Thanks to the people who answered though. I appreciate it.

If you think the answers I, or anyone else, gave in this is condescending, life must be hard for you.

Yours was condescending though. It really was. If I just gotten the answer of "no it doesn't work" I'd be like ok cool but you were rude about it. End of story and no life isn't hard for me but thanks for the assumption.

This is one of the most polite and friendly places in all of the interwebz. I just don't get it.

For some context, please know that people wonder about and make absurd claims about foods and products here quite often. Some are dangerous. For instance, if you're talking about certain waist trainers--the ones with steel boning like corsets--you will be moving your organs around in a dangerous and unpredictable way, risking death by asphyxiation and a host of other problems. Also, this will be the third thread in a week on the same subject.

Because obviously I knew that it was the third this week. People could have just ignored it if it bothered them that it was????

CONTEXT. I used that word for a reason.

(PS-there is a search function here for future reference)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Again to the OP, MFP is one of the kinder and more polite places on the internet. I don't understand why you are expending so much energy being defensive. We gave you answers.
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine helps , I use it while exercising and it really helps me sweat. More than I saw without it at least but I've heard of wrapping plastic around your waist or jogging in a sweater for that effect. Haven't worn it in a while though because it restricted some of my lateral movements. It definitely helped me to be more aware of my posture and now i'm constantly adjusting .
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

I don't understand why you're all going in so hard on someone's opinion. Like damn y'all must be really bored to try to break down everything I say so much. Lol.

I know I've been hard on you. Partly because I enjoy a good back-and-forth and also I am a bit bored today, plus I don't believe that a simple opinion carries as much weight as an honest expression of facts. But mostly because of what I told you early on--reading between the lines will only give you a headache. You are a spirited debater which makes you fun to interact with, but there are better battles waiting for you out there. Don't let people push your buttons, don't be quick to take offense; fight only your own battles but make sure you are on solid footing beforehand so people will take you seriously.

Thanks for an entertaining day! I've actually enjoyed this a lot. :)
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options

I know I've been hard on you. Partly because I enjoy a good back-and-forth and also I am a bit bored today, plus I don't believe that a simple opinion carries as much weight as an honest expression of facts. But mostly because of what I told you early on--reading between the lines will only give you a headache. You are a spirited debater which makes you fun to interact with, but there are better battles waiting for you out there. Don't let people push your buttons, don't be quick to take offense; fight only your own battles but make sure you are on solid footing beforehand so people will take you seriously.

Thanks for an entertaining day! I've actually enjoyed this a lot. :)

Thanks I was really bored too! Huge gaps between classes!!! It was fun!

I've been told that before haha

You're welcome! :) good luck with your journey