Options

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    *sigh* We're going in circles now. By all means, continue to insist on your right to be offended by words.

As for your reputation, your posts here have been entertaining so I'll be sure to check out what amusing things you have to say in other threads.

??????? People aren't allowed to be offended by words ??????

Why would you want to be?

I didn't want to but I was? Why is this so hard to understand?

Are you offended or you are ashamed you might have bought something useless? honest question
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    *sigh* We're going in circles now. By all means, continue to insist on your right to be offended by words.

As for your reputation, your posts here have been entertaining so I'll be sure to check out what amusing things you have to say in other threads.

Are you offended or you are ashamed you might have bought something useless? honest question

Neither actually. Why would I be ashamed? I'm mildly offended because of the snide comments accompanying some people's answers and then the fall out from me trying to call out that they were rude.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    I don't understand which was "wrong answer"

I just didn't want to continue arguing with that person.
    Nothing you said was "wrong answer"-I was just talking about the person who told you waist belts are awesome.

Ohhh aight I didn't know which that was referring to.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    This has been the craziest thread I've seen in some time. Perhaps everyone should go back to their corners and take a deep breath.

How many calories does MFP give for "Internet forum arguing, 2 hours?"

Now get back to work!

Not nearly enough! :D
  • JaneSnowe
    Options

Don't let people push your buttons like that.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Neither actually. Why would I be ashamed? I'm mildly offended because of the snide comments accompanying some people's answers and then the fall out from me trying to call out that they were rude.

There was nothing to call out on. It was a Simpsons video. Nothing more. But if that offends you, perhaps you need a safe space.

My answer was direct, with an added humours video. I even came back to clarify so that I wouldn't be giving you incorrect advice in case you were mistaken in what you were referring to or that I was misunderstanding what you meant.
  • marthaglz910
    marthaglz910 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

There was nothing to call out on. It was a Simpsons video. Nothing more. But if that offends you, perhaps you need a safe space.

My answer was direct, with an added humours video. I even came back to clarify so that I wouldn't be giving you incorrect advice in case you were mistaken in what you were referring to or that I was misunderstanding what you meant.

You weren't rude, you were being sarcastic. My daughter got in trouble at school for being sarcastic a few weeks ago with one of her friends, she told her parents and the parents told the teacher that my daughter wasn't a "good friend" :o
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    I've seen it happen on so many threads that someone asks a question and there's just a flood of people insulting the OP.

Please point out exactly where people were insulting you.

No where in this thread did I see anyone insulting you. My goodness if you can't have a regular conversation with complete strangers without going on the defensive then I fear for you.

I wasn't referring to myself in that response. I meant other posters but honestly the offense you're taking at me finding something rude makes me worry for you because if you can't go about your day without involving yourself in the way someone is handling something I'd hate to see what you do to people you see in the real world.
  • Shawshankcan
    Options

You weren't rude, you were being sarcastic. My daughter got in trouble at school for being sarcastic a few weeks ago with one of her friends, she told her parents and the parents told the teacher that my daughter wasn't a "good friend" :o

Now this worries me for when my kid is in school.
  • JaneSnowe
    Options
    I've seen it happen on so many threads that someone asks a question and there's just a flood of people insulting the OP.

No where in this thread did I see anyone insulting you. My goodness if you can't have a regular conversation with complete strangers without going on the defensive then I fear for you.

I wasn't referring to myself in that response. I meant other posters but honestly the offense you're taking at me finding something rude makes me worry for you because if you can't go about your day without involving yourself in the way someone is handling something I'd hate to see what you do to people you see in the real world.

Let the other posters defend themselves.
  • JaneSnowe
    edited May 2016
    Options

Didn't you know? We're all still in kindergarten. :)
  • Shawshankcan
    Options

Didn't you know? We're all still in kindergarten. :)

Sweet. When's nap time?
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options

So I'm not allowed to point out that it's a thing that happens a lot?

Alright let me just add it to the list of things I'm now apparently not to do.

1) don't ask questions.
    2.) don't point out people being rude
    3.) don't defend yourself
    4.) don't point out people being rude to other people
  • JaneSnowe
    Options
    I think there's really only one rule: don't "interpret" condescension where there is none intended, implied, or directly expressed.
  • JaneSnowe
    edited May 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

So I'm not allowed to point out that it's a thing that happens a lot?

Alright let me just add it to the list of things I'm now apparently not to do.

1) don't ask questions.
    2.) don't point out people being rude
    3.) don't defend yourself
    4.) don't point out people being rude to other people

How about stop responding and let this one go! You sound frustrated.

But this is today's most interesting thread! >:)