Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The Sugar Conspiracy

Options

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    moe0303 wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks Nutella tastes disgusting?

Oh, and since lemurcat brought it up, I'm using it as an excuse:

7f30a9aa80468ed7c87edb6d6487434f.jpg

Yes.

No.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Yes.

No.
    [sarcasm]No, I'm sure he is the only person in the entire world that thinks Nutella is disgusting. [/sarcasm]

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    First time having nutella was about a year ago.....I <3 it!!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Yes.

No.
    [sarcasm]No, I'm sure he is the only person in the entire world that thinks Nutella is disgusting. [/sarcasm]

I got your sarcasm, thanks. I just found your post funny directly after someone had agreed with him.
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Yes.

No.

I got your sarcasm, thanks. I just found your post funny directly after someone had agreed with him.

LOL, I didn't even see that. It wasn't there when I first started to post. Anyway, you guys are just in denial >:)

Seriously though, that stuff was the introduction into my first foray into fatness. Growing up in Europe, they used to feed it to me on bread during the Summer time in almost unlimited quantities. Gained like 30 pounds in a summer.

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Yes.

No.

That's just a sockpuppet account. No one could dislike Ferrero Nutella (TM), the light breakfast spread with the best of milk, hazelnuts and cocoa.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

I'm not a Nutella fan. Just never got the taste for it.

Now Peanut Butter & Co's dark chocolate dreams peanut butter? That stuff is amazing.

I really dislike the taste of hazelnuts, so obviously I think Nutella is disgusting.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    you can't make millions of dollars telling people sugar is OK

Ben and Jerry are starving artists. True story?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

And here I thought ice cream was a combination of fat, protein, and sugar. Thanks for enlightening everyone.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I don't think their business model is telling people sugar is OK. It's making ice cream, which has a nice combination of sugar and fat.

ETA: I like peanut butter, but only with something. I find it too dry to eat by itself. The Hubster, however, vehemently disagrees with me.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I'm not understanding what you are saying here. Is it that a company made a product, sold that product, and profited from it? And that product happened to have, as one of its ingredients, sugar? Or is there something more sinister you are alluding to?
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

And here I thought ice cream was a combination of fat, protein, and sugar. Thanks for enlightening everyone.

So Ben and Jerry didn't get rich selling sugar. Learn something new every day. I guess everybody is buying iced cream for the protein content and just like they were reading playboy for the articles! :)

Definitely buying it for the sugar+fat+protein combo. The lack of fat is why fruit sorbet is such a sad, miserable imposter of a dessert.

You take that back! Sorbet has a time and a place, such as in the middle of summer so I can also have ice cream later. :wink:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

So Ben and Jerry didn't get rich selling sugar. Learn something new every day. I guess everybody is buying iced cream for the protein content and just like they were reading playboy for the articles! :)

Oh, I thought they were making money telling people sugar was ok. You are concerned that people are buying their product? That's not solid sugar? And this is a conspiracy?

30 years ago fat was vilified, and now everyone is up in arms because there is such a huge mentality about fat being included in a healthy diet (a food high in fat cannot include the word "healthy" on the label according to the FDA). But it seems like those same people have no problem slapping the same label on sugar.

Perhaps everyone should just focus on getting the majority of their foods from whole, nutritious foods while setting aside a small portion of their calories for treats that they choose to enjoy but may not fall into that category.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

Definitely buying it for the sugar+fat+protein combo. The lack of fat is why fruit sorbet is such a sad, miserable imposter of a dessert.

You take that back! Sorbet has a time and a place, such as in the middle of summer so I can also have ice cream later. :wink:

Is it chocolate sorbet? That stuff's ok. I'd rather eat celery than raspberry or lemon sorbet, and I hate celery so much I pick it out of soup. I appreciate the strategy, but that's what froyo's for!